looking for gaming friends!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elbregan, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elbregan

Elbregan Avatar

Hello,

I've been a backer since the KS beginning but real life has pulled me away from time to time.

so I am out of the loop on sota but interested in getting involved.

The problem is I don't know where to start. Where do you go make friends and group up?

Does anyone want to start adventuring with me? I would like to make use of my citizen deed and see the progress made in sota.

When I try alone I can't seem to find people and I spent a lot of time walking around and not really knowing what to do.

So if anyone wants a noob friend shoot me a message!

2. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

3. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Welcome back! I'd volunteer but as I'm always a noob, I don't think I'd be of much help. Not to worry though, there are a lot of other experienced players around that can be of service.

Besides which, unless you keep weird hours, I think the time difference might make it difficult for me to help in person Q.Q

4. Apollox Evanheart

Apollox Evanheart Avatar

Welcome! This community is full to the brim of amazing people( I just so happen to know a bunch)! Here's an invitation to tomorrow nights r25 End of the World Party (Doc's Cotton Pickin Party). It's at 10pm Server time (cst in states). I'm hoping you can come out and have some fun while meeting new people. Also you can message me anytime!

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...e-world-party-docs-cotton-pickin-party.43588/

5. Selene

Selene Avatar

There is a great calendar of events over on avatarscircle.com where you can find a list of events going on pretty much all the time. You can even set it to your timezone to see what events will be next. (default is Austin, TX local time). The best way to meet new people is to head on out to the events. And, not that I'm biased or anything but the Bear Tavern is always looking for new members that like a relaxed fun environment.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  6. Elbregan

Elbregan Avatar

Wow what great responses and so quickly! What a nice surprise! I will follow up on these suggestions and thank you all. And I have NOTHING going on tomorrow so I will definitely make the party

Thanks again!

7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Welcome back! Feel free to add me to your friend's list in-game :)

You probably won't be seeing many people online this week, because there will be a full wipe of the game on January 28, and a lot of folks are waiting for the new release when everyone will have to start over.

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi and welcome from me Elbregan. I am majoria in game. That's terrific, you can see how a SOTA party in development looks like. It's pretty amazing even if the game has not yet launched. Make sure you go to the thread the party is posted on and get yourself entered in the contest to win store credits. You can also whisper me in game anytime if you have questions or just to say hello. click on 'f' friends to add majoria and then right click to whisper.;)

edit....... here is the link again to the party thread to get yourself added to the contest.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-cotton-pickin-party.43588/page-5#post-489528

9. Mata

Mata Avatar

10. Elbregan

Elbregan Avatar

What great responses thanks everyone! Looking forward to meeting folks in game.

Is there some place you guys live in game? Like where is good place to put my house and have neighbors? No one seem around where I live now

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I know it is a bit quiet when getting close to a new release. Once you get some names on your friends list, you'll be all set. Plus a lot of people live in player owned towns called POTs for short ;) I live in Wizards Rest and you are always welcome there. Once you know what's going on you can keep busy. We try to do the best we can since the game is in development to keep ourselves busy to give some constructive feedback and post bugs. ;)

12. Kacey Cupcakes

Kacey Cupcakes Avatar

Hello @Elbregan ! I am always glad to help anytime I can. My game name is in my signature. PaxLair, Pax et Veritas, Order of Vengeance, Pheonix Republic and many many other guilds are active and willing to help.

13. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Add me as a friend... I'll be on quite a bit when R26 drops.

Sara Dreygon

14. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Add me as a friend. I'm always interested in helping out and meeting new awesome people.

Moiseyev Trueden

I tend to be on mostly between 6-10 pm pacific standard time M-F (the joys of having a job) and random times during the weekend (more active on Saturday than Sunday usually). My home base is in the lovely area of Lux Sanctuary where we specialize in trying to create a wonderful get away from all your normal troubles of grinding, be it harvesting nodes or butchering wolves. Spoon is often on in the hours I'm not on and I know he is always willing to toss out a helping when he isn't running events, creating treasure hunts, or decorating the heck out of the Thermae (GWAHAHAHAH volunteering people when they aren't present).

Lux Sanctuary is up in the North East corner of the map so it isn't quite as easy to get to just starting, but I can help you explore it if you want.

What times are you usually on and what's your in game name so I can add you?

Ice Queen, Luca Xante, Mata and 8 others like this.
  15. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

yeah, the key is to find which play time work the best for you, then find the group that play about the same time.

The game is much more fun you have people around to play with at this stage.

Luca Xante, Mata, Spoon and 6 others like this.
  16. Coconut

Coconut Avatar

You can look for me I will add you when we hit R26 and you can look for any of the ODE guys we have a few diehards that play crazy, Frost had like 17 GMs r25 and plays ALOT, so do a few others, the rest of us are hit / miss but play enough and help eachotehr out all the time.

If you use Vent and want to try us out let me know and find me in game, I will be happy to set up vent stuff. Mostly though we are EST evening if that helps.

Luca Xante, Mata, majoria70 and 4 others like this.
  17. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Add me to the list of new friends... "Tahru Seras" in game.

Luca Xante, Mata, majoria70 and 4 others like this.
  18. Elbregan

Elbregan Avatar

wow amazing responses, and yeah i am eastern time evenings players, went from one friend to 8 from this post! thanks guys!

Luca Xante, Mata, Spoon and 8 others like this.
  19. Lace

Lace Avatar

A ton of people said friend me but the same goes here ..friend Lace in game till wipe etc .. I am no a pvper so if you are looking for that kind of friend it is not me. I am a true hunter gatherer, I kill it .. I will skin it. A lot leave them on the ground .. woot more for me lol. Anyway thanks for being a kikckstarter plus kinda person, there are many folks and guilds etc that can enhance your playtime during the pre-alpha and beyond.

Luca Xante, Mata, Kara Brae and 5 others like this.
  20. Coconut

Coconut Avatar

I am out running amok now if you are on I am on Hanador, who do I add to my list Elbregen?

Luca Xante, Mata, majoria70 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.