MASTER SKILL TRAINER LOCATIONS

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Moiseyev Trueden, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

oh dear. kingsport, ran past her the other day.

Moonshadow and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  2. Laurana

Laurana Avatar

Just ran to Owl's Head and Handac the crafting trainer does train the mining skill. The regular skills trainer does not.

Moonshadow and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I wonder sometimes what the logic is? Here we have trainers spread out all over the place, requiring us to explore and see all the land. Yet in economy design, the goal is to keep people in local economic zones. Chat is very local too. Perhaps the trainer locations are more of a single player offline design.... forcing progression through the game and learning specific skills at the time and area needed?

Lace, Moonshadow and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  4. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

And THAT is why I shouldn't do stuff at 3 am. Thanks for the catch. Its update to Kingsport. *shudders in fear at actually having to proofread stuff*

5. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

My guess is that it is so people are forced to explore, but the economy will still be "local" by gimping ability to walk long distances with lots of stuff. I'm still very annoyed we have a global bank limit with local access only. Should only be local access with a local limit (no intelligent reason on the planet to restrict my ability to deposit in Ardoris if I have nothing in the bank there already... why would they care what I have in Owl's Head or Lux Sanctuary... *bitter grumbles*)

Thanks for the confirmation.

Lace, Aldo, Moonshadow and 1 other person like this.
  6. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I would at least like them to make sense, such as the water trainer by the docks, the air trainer at the palace of air, ect. I got the hint in another thread that they are probably going to look at having npc's be able to help direct you to the trainer your looking for, which I think is the real issue at this point in it's development.

7. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

Clues from NPC's would be great. Another option, after they won't move the NPC merchants and trainers around any more, would be to give the players the option to go to a local bookseller and purchase a Regional Services Directory/Guide. It would merely list the NPC's name, service provided (such as Baker, Meats, Blacksmith, Alchemist, Apprentice Skill Trainer, Master Blades Trainer, Master Air Magic Trainer, etc) along with the town, or zone (ie, near Jannaford, in Ardoris, or in Necropolis Barrens if that's where he/she lives). That offers a clue where to start looking. Being regional, a different guide would be needed for each region. If Port doesn't create them and offer them at Booksellers, perhaps some of us can create them and sell copies on private vendors. This would make the information available in the game, rather than stopping to search a wiki, and if I don't want the spoiler, ie, the clues, then I simply do not buy the directory.

Time Lord, 4EverLost, Aldo and 2 others like this.
  8. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Like the idea. Maybe we'll have to get a group together to publish a RELIABLE traveller's guide for those new to Novia.

Ice Queen, 4EverLost and Aldo like this.
  9. Lace

Lace Avatar

Yes I am baffled by having to go all over the place for a trainer, would love to hear the reasoning on why this is a good idea. To explore.... bah ... you are going to explore on your own.

If its an immersion thing then the guy shouldn't have every tree, I am talking about the main city ones. There should be an air, water, blades, polearms specific trainers.

Aldo and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  10. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    its because it a story based game. Most likely you will learn of these trainers as you play the initial story. Its a successor to the ultimas, in which you had to search and find things.

Aldo, 4EverLost and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  11. Lace

Lace Avatar

You quoted me before I could finish my thoughts heh. Its early morning I am stumbling about lol.

12. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    ahh ya, hehe, sorry, am working on my first cup too! ;)

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  13. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I agree with Moiseyev on exploration. I see this distribution of trainers as a pain for skills testing purposes, and so haven't messed much with skills in R25. But what I have found myself doing is exploring more vs grinding in one place. So that works.

On other logic, I could see this further emphasizing an apprentice-journeyman-master-grandmaster theme to learning skill in game. Meaning that skills are not simply mechanical affairs (get xp, earn gold, train skill at one spot, and go), but require real adventure and a connection with a particular master or grandmaster to learn. In the final game I could see the latter being a more memorable experience for the first time gamer in SOTA.

4EverLost and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  14. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Bump. Handy in QA and R26

Moiseyev Trueden and 4EverLost like this.
  15. Coconut

Coconut Avatar

Can you copy this to player resources going to be a nice handy thing to have around :)

Moiseyev Trueden and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  16. Caligastia

Caligastia Avatar

Master Bludgeon Trainer Is in NW Etceter Blacksmith (Sign with Shield) On waters edge. Blacksmiths Name is Arcadian.

17. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

@Lum

Can you confirm that these locations will not be the final locations for trainers?

I mean, it must be nice for people planning to live in the Vale and the far east of Novia. But there's like ZERO trainers northwest of the "mason-dixon line". It would be great if the Northwest of Novia could have trainers that were appropriate to their region. I know Rats Nest would greatly appreciate it if the Subterfuge Trainer could be moved somewhere in this region as opposed to the far end of the opposite end of the map. :)

18. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

Any idea where the advanced crafting trainers are or is this new to R26?

19. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

To train Meticulous ? As far as I can tell, that is unchanged, you can train at any Crafting Trainer (I use the one in Soltown).

20. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

same cant find anyone to train meticulous collection. i grabbed one before the last patch but i don't remember where it was. as i was so used to getting them anywhere it didn't registered that it was special

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.