Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

SoTA Displays on Left Monitor of Three Monitor Set Up

Discussion in 'Release 26 Bug Forum' started by Traveller13, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

SoTA R's past have all displayed on the center monitor of my three monitor set up. SoTA R26 displays on the left monitor. Internally, left to right, they are designated display 3 - 1 - 2, with the center monitor being the primary display in Windows. Are there any tips on how to move the game to the center monitor? Is there an .INI file somewhere I could edit?

1/28/2016 6:31 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 32720
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti GPU RAM: 6047 -- GeForce 361.75 Drivers
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.368.Date.01.28.16
    Area: novia_r6_hills02_highvalevillage
    Loc: (128.1, 50.9, -192.4)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  2. Ellrynn

Ellrynn Avatar

Idem ,the game go to the left monitor (Indicated 2) and not at the Center monitor (Indicated 1)

Windows7 64 bits SP1
    Intel Core i7-3770K CPU @3,50GHz , 16 GB RAM
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I also have a three monitor setup... A 40" monitor as my central (Monitor 1), flanked by 2 24" monitors in Portrait orientation (Left is #2 and Right is #3). The game opens on Monitor #2, which is the "Boot" monitor. As this is in Portrait orientation, I have to run in Windowed mode to be able to move the game to the central (#1) monitor.

4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

How do you go about running the game in windowed mode and moving it from one monitor to the other? I've unchecked "Fullscreen" in the Video options, which presumably runs the game in windowed mode. I find no border to "grab" to drag the window from one monitor to the other. All of my monitors are 1920x1080, landscape.

5. Jaxtron

Jaxtron Avatar

I was having the same issue (3 monitor setup, main monitor in the middle, game always went to the left). On the launcher, in Options, there is a checkbox for allow borderless window (or something like that). This was checked on mine so even when I would resize the resolution in game and could see the desktop behind, I couldn't ever drag the window to the main monitor. By removing the ckeckbox, the game came up with a bordered window and I was able to move it to my middle monitor. This left the border and title bar so I exited again, restarted the launcher, went back into Options and turned on the borderless window again and this time the game came up borderless and on the middle monitor (well, after crashing on the initial reload).

Traveller13 likes this.
  6. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

That helped. I have to place SotA in bordered windowed mode, and minimized within the window so the entire contents of the screen show up. I have a couple of thin vertical strips of black on the left and right sides, but at least I can play on my center monitor. Any other combination of window border/ fullscreen results in SotA going straight to the left monitor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.