Combo skills

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Marik, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marik

Marik Avatar

Just got message that can combo skills but still haven't a clue how to get them to work? The hint bar instructions don't seem to work...

Tried search but didn't come up with much - any guidance would be grateful

thanks

2. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

method 1

Press "R" then press the flashing green buttons to combine - a new combined glyph appears

method 2

drag the first flashing green glyph to the next flashing green glyph a new combined glyph appears

To use
    press the new glyph button

3. toromulchmaster

toromulchmaster Avatar

Sorry to rehash old stuff but I can't for the life of me figure this out. I have even tried the steps listed above. A little help please.

Krohon likes this.
  4. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

1) You need an unlocked deck - some of the slots can still be locked but only the unlocked slots can be combined (some exception to this but it might be easier to think of it this way at first). Your slots can be locked, unlocked, or empty. (You access this via the "Y" then "Modify" selection.
    2) there are two big boxes on the upper section above the glyph slots on the bottom. The left side is a list of all the skills (glyphs) you have learned. The right side will have all the glyphs you want to use. You can drag stuff from the left side into the right side if you don't want to assign it to a particular slot.
    2) the unlocked/empty slots will have different glyphs that will pop in and out, somewhat randomly if you didn't put any desired glyph into the slot. If you put something in the slot, it would most likely appear there if it is open at the time the card becomes available.
    3) when the glyphs pop up in the empty slots, you can then use the glyphs in a combo if
    (a) they are a matching pair - they are the same skill. You can stack them 2, 3, 4, etc. as they come up. Just keep pulling the cards on top of each other.
    OR
    (b) they are a comboing pair - you can see your list (combo tab) to see if any skills will combo.

Actual mechanics are explained in the post above you.

Hopefully this helps? Or if not, ask away again:D

5. toromulchmaster

toromulchmaster Avatar

Thank You! Thank You!

Krohon and 4EverLost like this.
  6. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

This is actually good feedback, because since the default setup became a locked deck, skill combos have probably been forgotten a little - and the step to have an unlocked deck first should probably be clarified in the combo dialog as a help tip or something.

Beaumaris, KuBaTRiZeS and Krohon like this.
  7. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Is anyone really making much use of combo skills?

I was using fiery decay quite a lot until they nerfed both fire and death significantly a few releases ago. It seems so rare to find skills you actually have to be able to combo something, but maybe that's just me.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  8. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

I would if I had any that felt useful:). Currently I just double stack similars.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  9. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Ranged + Air combos were both very useful. I suppose they're even better now since they got some love this release.

10. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

I went down a weird path this release - water:rolleyes:. Air is still on hold:p

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  11. toromulchmaster

toromulchmaster Avatar

I am getting combos to show now. They are highlighted in green. I am just not sure if I am activating them correctly. Do you hit them numbers for each tile or R then both numbers? What is the best way to tell if they work?

12. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

You get the combo by:

1) dragging the matching/comboing glyph onto each other. Say slot 1 has the first matching/combing glyph. Then slot 5 had the second matching/comboing glyph pop up. You can either grab the glyph in slot 1 and pull it over to slot 5 or grab the glyph in slot 5 over to slot 1. Either way, the glyph (picture) will change appearance. Once it turns into the new card, you can then click on it to activate.

or

2) press "R" then slot "1" and then slot "5" or press "R" then slot "5" and then slot "1". The new glyph should appear in the last slot you pressed. To activate, press either "1" if the new glyph slot is in "1" or "5" if the new glyph slot is "5"

The "1" or "5" is only an example and can be any slot you have the glyphs popping up in. Might be easier to practice on a gust ball or a friend in town - you'd have more time to see what you're doing:D

13. toromulchmaster

toromulchmaster Avatar

Why so complicated? Why not just allow you to lock the combo then have to go through all that. :eek:

Quenton and Fister Magee like this.
  14. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

So you can chose when to use something or not? :D

Might have a situation when it's more useful to have the individual skills pop up than have the combo skill pop up. And you'd have to also have the combo 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the same skills in your deck and also the combos of combining branches as well in your deck leading to more management.

If you leave it as is, then you can have the user decide what is more useful to them in any given situation. With a little finger dancing.:p

15. agra

agra Avatar

Be happy you an put any skills in dedicated slots. We didn't always have that option. (yes, every slot used to be completely random)

4EverLost likes this.
  16. toromulchmaster

toromulchmaster Avatar

Fair enough. :D

17. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome, Marik!

18. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I agree. Spell weaving (combos) seems to be one of the most significant but most concealed aspects of the game.

toromulchmaster likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.