1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Final Wipe and Lot Selection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godra

Godra Avatar

My concern is still with the lack of Keep Lots and the number of NPC towns still needed. If you need a total # for all pledge size lots + sold add-on store + secondary additional pledge lot (higher pledges) + 30% on top of that amount, how many more NPC towns are coming by lot selection start? I mean, I don't even know where I am going to place a Keep deed since there is such a shortage of Keep lots. Are they looking at the factor that a Duke can place on a City Lot or City Water Lot and counting that into the number of lots needed? That would be hard for me to accept. I know there has been some issues with having a Keep Lot placed off shore or something in that concept, but I think there is less than a dozen keeps in game right now. Every release for months now I have been waiting for more and more keeps, but very little. I hope I am wrong. However, I hope we at least get some kind of final list of NPC Towns and their included lot totals by lot size before Final Wipe.

mhoward48 likes this.
  2. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

The issue with making more towns that can hold housing is that they basically have to be PRT's or you will just have more towns that exist purely for housing. Which I guess is no different then PRT's. I have a dream that we can have remarkable and memorable NPC towns. I know that seems a bit far off, but as long as we don't accept the bare minimum and push for more then we may have that chance.

3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Deed(s) and Priority Placement were two separate items granted to backers... Deeds have always been able to be placed on a lot sized for the deed or smaller... The same arguments have been going around and around for more than a year now. Backers have a deed or deeds. They also have priority placement where they can use a deed. There has never been any (and again, this has been known for years, and one item about which Portalarium has been very consistent) a link between a deed and priority placement of deeds.

Lord Baldrith and cartodude like this.
  4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Here is a thought, if you use the deed on a smaller lot why not make it so the deed now becomes a deed for that sized lot. That way a person has a choice that has consequences.

Shade Cido, Shield and Draugon Erynor like this.
  5. Hermann von Salza2

Hermann von Salza2 Avatar

As much as I love this Idea Rune, I honestly think that in the end it will come down to "money talks" I do not think they are interested in being any more fair than it is right now.

Shade Cido likes this.
  6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I know, I just wish decisions would be based on what would be best for the game sometimes.

Shade Cido and Draugon Erynor like this.
  7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The game wouldn't exist without funding.

Lord Baldrith and cartodude like this.
  8. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Not disputing that, but we all funded it.

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Not equally. The last I had data to be able to do the analysis, the top 1% of all backers had contributed 30% of the total funding.

10. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

Wow! What pledge level you use to sort the 1% of the backers?

11. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

people have already complained about not getting what they paid for, and losing value on their (sometimes hypothetical) pledges as a result. - why do it on purpose with permanently reducing the size of a lot deed that was paid for in some way, if used on a smaller-sized lot marker? bad logic, that.

Leostorm likes this.
  12. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Then let's resurrect the spirit!

What's your opinion on the companions in offline mode? What do you expect from this system?

4EverLost likes this.
  13. Draconin

Draconin Avatar

Will there be enough waterfront lots available in npc/prt towns for all royal founders/founders to utilize their waterfront home pledge reward?

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  14. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

15. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Is this a good feature? On one had it addresses the issue of waiting for extended periods. On the other hand it's more like a band aid solution. Why does time pass quickly? Time doesn't change when we sleep.

A wait command maybe but sleep I am not so sure about. But if the NPCs have a proper schedule that is a on decent time rotation we should be able to occupy ourselves with other tasks to pass time, at a normal rate.

Not saying offline shouldn't have a time passing feature but why was that kind of feature invented in the first place and is it really fitting.

16. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

It also depends on how long the day/night cycle is and how long one has to wait.

In other games sleeping is also a means to recover health and/or mana.

I see the following problem:
    I don't have that much time playing games (kids, wife, job) so I want to concentrate on the story. If a quest in the storyline continues during night and right now it is morning it could be annoying having to wait. Especially in offline mode. I cannot log out, play with my kids and then enter the game again in hopes that then it is night. In offline mode the time stops when I quit the game. So basically I would have to wait - or do something else - which might use up the short amount of time I have for playing the game and then I cannot continue the story.
    But if I could sleep and the time would advance then I could continue the story instantly.

Logain and HoustonDragon like this.
  17. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

The concerns are definitely shared. I just wonder if there are better, more fitting, solutions. Sleeping to pass time will work but passing time could impact other mechanics. Will other events be time sensitive?

Would it be more effective to use methods that address each area of concern on the individual level? If a NPC is sleeping a wake spell or making noise in the area. If it's night time and a vendor is closed an automaton could be used for after hours sales.

4EverLost likes this.
  18. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

What about...

[​IMG]

SeleneNoctua likes this.
  19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Here is the post. The quote from the post: "Lords and Above make up "The 1%", but have contributed 30% of all funding."
    The data presented there is almost exactly one year old.

Krohon likes this.
  20. Shield

Shield Avatar

Forgive me if this has been covered.

I'm assuming that right now if pledges are upgraded then you will also move up this planned lot selection priority. Has a cut off date been decided for when people have their priority defined which cannot be changed by upgrading pledge level ?

Katrina Bekers likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.