New NPC towns?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aldo, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Are we expecting about 10 new NPC or PRT towns a month through July? If so do you think they will all be on the existing map? I am just wondering if Episode one will all take place on this map, and if so then the NPC and PRT additions will need to total about 40 or 50 to fulfill lot availability commitments if memory serves. Additionally, what do you all think is the possibility for underground towns before the non-launch date?

2. Womby

Womby Avatar

I believe that at least 30? NPC towns will be added. They added five new scenes in R26, so that seems plausible. Keep in mind that each new scene adds more reusable game assets that can be used to speed up subsequent scene development.

New PRTs will be based on POT templates, and will therefore be much larger than previous PRTs. They will also have some NPC vendors, making them a lot more attractive than before.

If your calculations are based on previous PRT sizes, they are no longer valid.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I'm not even sure what to say about 30 more towns....that seems so crazy, how will they even matter?

Aldo likes this.
  5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I know. I hope the number of lots sold so far has not been so many that the shear number of towns necessary does not dilute the story, or the development thereof.

6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I made a thread on the current NPC towns and the fact they were empty feeling...the issue with making so many more towns with interesting things seems like a lot more work.

Aldo likes this.
  7. Womby

Womby Avatar

The number 30? that I stated above may not be accurate, and is little more than a vague recollection. It may have included some non-residential scenes. If someone has an authoritative figure, it would be great if they could post it here.

8. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I would be concerned if it only numbered 10....I have been pretty clear on my thoughts that the towns just aren't ready that they already have.

9. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I just hope they hurry up and release more towns soon as it's frustrating being only a few months out from the land rush and being unable to claim a lot every release because they are always gone by the time I get into the game. I hope there is a push soon to at least get a lot more PRT's into the game.

Aldo likes this.
  10. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

All of those quests, stories ad interesting NPCs that await us in those towns!

Hoping those towns do look more distinct and interesting. How about a town in the trees or a city built into the side of a cliff overlooking the sea?

11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Hell yeah!

Aldo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.