Eurogamer: $12,000 castles and $2100 deeds - inside Shroud of the Avatar's booming housing market

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I guess we are doing it a bit different as in going live after pre-alpha.

Solazur and agra like this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Agreed. That's one reason I'm going with a second Edelmann account instead of upgrading a single pledge, so I can have a second tax-free lot deed. Tax-free deeds should be prized by the lazy because you can ignore them for a month or three if Real Life invades you.

Really, Prosperity tools aren't going to make you mine anything faster, just lack of having to worry about breakage (which Artisan tools also give), and a little lower chance of failure. They certainly aren't going to harvest stuff for you when you're not around.

Atogrim, Scraps MacMutt and 4EverLost like this.
  3. smack

smack Avatar

Oh, I'm sure there will be many other things besides just property tax and bank slots. Don't be surprised when there are convenience fees for some forms of instant travel.

Logain, Ice Queen, 4EverLost and 2 others like this.
  4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

hehe yea well... they can TRY to take down my tent while I sleep in it, but with auto-attack I doubt they will succeed, and there are regions where there are only wolves... they wont take down a tent for fun, but yea : as if we were going for realism. We better not start that conversation :p

5. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

Those damn, dirty rocks and plants! :mad:

6. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Aye, convenience.

But the difference between rent-free $-paid lot and bank slots/instant travel is the recurring nature. The latter are one-shot, the former is exactly a form of subscription - without calling it so.

7. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

For those speaking about prices of virtual items... they should try some phone games, with higher princes everyday. 100$ for a day of free energy plus a random item (legendary, but not maximum level even) and, of course can not be given to another player. OMG...

Krohon, Budner, Kara Brae and 3 others like this.
  8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

That seems completely insane...

9. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

LOL! I like how other online gaming news sites are spinning the story... Portalarium must be jam-packed with cash right now... devs has no more room to work because they're swimming in piles of cash... LOL!

10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

That pretty much sums it up for me.
    And I can't see anything bad here as long as the time you need to not belong to the lazy people is reasonable.
    And for the moment that seems to be the case.

11. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

The number of lot is not a static number. How can there be a problem when they can add more?

4EverLost and Kara Brae like this.
  12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

13. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Time to rename timelord to necrolord

14. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

Had me going until I started reading about a final wipe coming up. I was like oh sh*t when did they say that. Then decided to look at the dates lol

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

The importance I see in the now when it comes to this article, is that home and lot prices have done exactly what was hinted around within the article.

:rolleyes: We sometimes are given a long period of time before something from our Add-On Store is going to be discontinued, yet for those that haven't stayed in touch with our game in a while, when they return and if they had bought anything, there's a great chance the value of those items they had, had risen from their original purchase price.... "some by as much as over 150+ percent of their original value" :confused:

Now we have new bundles and other items offered which also may rise in actual $ value if they become discontinued. We also have SeedInvest which has actual link with ownership of the Portalarium Company, as well as it's virtual ingame "Perks".
    :rolleyes: Will those values rise? "I think they will", based on what history has shown us from our past and current histories, which indicate that those early items will rise.
    :rolleyes: Some of these responses could receive an "I told you so" in the end.

[​IMG]
    The importance within the article for me, was that our game is a real value which will continue to climb, "for us all".
    There's allot of lacking content still to overcome, especially in our offline game, but this is our year from great advancement.

My pledge stuff has gone up to where I think, even with my increases in investment, could be pieced out and sold leaving me with a profit from having backed our game. That's not really what I'm into our game for, but it's a great indicator of the giant wave of players still yet to come, "or have to be actively asked to come through our SeedInvest investment funds".
    I think it's a buyer's market ;) But that's just me :)
    https://www.seedinvest.com/portalarium/series.b
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  16. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

your were talking about market bubbles right ? :p

indeed, clever... can't argue with that...

Time Lord likes this.
  17. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Ehh..

I mean i just picked up a town deed for less then the store price of a village deed.

I think its a stretch to claim that the current market is even at a point you can break even from most pledges or bundle purchases.
    But thats just imo.

I also dont know enough to claim it will get better or worse with more population.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    Elwyn, Time Lord, Numa and 2 others like this.
  18. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

You have just made a few enemies, congratulations :D

Time Lord likes this.
  19. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Good. Keeps it interesting. Lol

Time Lord and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  20. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:rolleyes: This ^^^ is exactly what I mean when I say it's a "buyer's market".

[​IMG]

:oops: This is a tremor in that market the way I see it, because it's subject is at the bottom of the food chain in igg active sales.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...price-on-wood-go-down-these-past-weeks.92232/
    :rolleyes: That tremor should be there and be detectable, which it's shown itself to be.

[​IMG]

o_O The underlying reasoning in this suspicions subject, is that "SeedInvest" was announced very close to the end of our last telethon, which sent many large investors within the virtual marketplace selling off virtual assets to divert those funds into "SeedInvest", which created a quicksand shelf at the top of our (then) largest virtual trading market. As that quicksand leaks to the bottom, there should be such tremors able to be detected. The article of this OP, pointed to a market assessment made within it, before "SeedInvest" came into the picture.

:eek: Thus moves me to the presumptive effects being clearly possible given the new market of SeedInvest's opening.
    In such a market as ours is, there are only a certain amount of buyers, with a small increase of new buyers which support the current virtual market, which is not enough to support it's remaining at "Pre-SeedInvest" levels.

o_O With our SeedInvest moneys going into advertising, which advertising is something that we truly have never done with vigor, this leads me to see our current virtual market justified in being so currently soft, with many prices being at "Pre-Alfa" levels of sell off, just as @MrBlight 's Town Deed cost him just as much as an Add-On Store Village Deed. <---<<< I'm thinking those are "taxable" lots that are mentioned and not "tax free" lots, which I've been seeing holding their (pre-SeedInvest) "increased value".

:rolleyes: But that's what I see as the hidden value within the article, because it's assessment was before the advent of SeedInvest and it's associated virtual property sell off which caused the market tremor. When we do attract more than just our current trickle in of players, then that same soft and sandy virtual market will see it's "hay day" in a returning bull market.

[​IMG]

o_O To say that "there's been no tremor", is to say that our SeedInvest has made no impact on our cash flow markets at all ;)' ':eek: and if our SeedInvest campaign had been announced early within the telethon, would that telethon had been so successful?

:rolleyes: That makes me wonder about SeedInvest will effect our next telethon o_O...
    I'm headed in for $1000.00 https://www.seedinvest.com/portalarium/series.b

What do you think? :cool::cool::cool:
    ~Time Lord~o_O

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    discipleofweb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.