Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I am not enjoying this game

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Sophi, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

ah if only I could get the same response about the sky. ;) ok but seriously it's always great when the man himself takes time out to post. Gotta love it. Where else do you get this from any dev team?

2. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Thank you very much for all of your responses in this post, it's appreciated immensely.

Mata, Duchess Fionwyn, Sophi and 3 others like this.
  3. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

You would think... im at 117 Carpentry and I can only crit 1 item (war hammer) because for some reason, I think a mistake, it has a much high chance to craft then any other weapon or instrument.

Sophi and Kvow Triumvir like this.
  4. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I got a crit ring (+2 strength, no gem added yet) on first try when my smithing level was under 30 lol!

Sophi and Malcipher like this.
  5. Malcipher

Malcipher Avatar

Awesome-sauce!!
    I still haven't seen a crit yet myself

Sophi and Fister Magee like this.
  6. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Need life, something ... Open PvP Server Should Be Good !!!

:D

Sophi, Malcipher and Ice Queen like this.
  7. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

I don't think being over GM skill is essential. From my experience you need to have over 50% chance to make the item (over 85% is better), extra materials in your inventory (the algorithm seems to check this before offering a crit), and expert tool/table will also help. Rumor has it there are other factors in game now that influence the chance. I'm researching that now ;).

Elwyn, Sophi and Ice Queen like this.
  8. agra

agra Avatar

Via what mechanisms, today, can one obtain an expert tool and/or table? Good info to know, though, so thanks for that.

Xandra7, Sophi and Ice Queen like this.
  9. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

Some folks sell the Prosperity tools at their vendors or might let you borrow them for a time if you ask. They only add about 3% to your success chance. The expert tables are easier to get access to because several players/guilds setup expert crafting areas that are usually open to the public. If a lot has 'Public' access (the default), you can use any crafting station on that property. I know of four location off the top of my head you can use. 1. My guild, Memento Mori, has an open expert crafting pavilion in the POT, Mortem Praedonum (underground biome), just steps south of Aerie. 2. Someone has a village lot filled with expert tables in Aerie on the west side of the city. I've used these tables myself. There is no house on the lot, you can see all the tables setup there. 3. There is a Viking house in Themo Lock's POT, Lockbrier, right off the entrance that has all the expert tables setup for their guild. I'm pretty sure anyone can use them. 4. I believe Spoon had all his expert tables setup for anyone to use in his POT, Lux Sanctuary.

Katrina Bekers, Spoon, Sophi and 2 others like this.
  10. Selene

Selene Avatar

Also Silverthorn has all the expert stations set up in our town center.. We are North of Vertas, across the river where the road splits. :) Follow the balloon from the entrance.

Sophi, Ice Queen and 4EverLost like this.
  11. agra

agra Avatar

Ah ha, so the only way to get the Expert Tools/Tables is via pledging RL cash, as I suspected. Good times.

12. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

(Edited for disclaimer) AFAIK: There is to be a path to upgrade other crafting stations to higher level stations along with tools in long run, but since basic stations are currently not craftable, I just see this as a placeholder function currently.

But yes , the pledge stations and add on tools start with better properties

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  13. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I like the more hard to get approach the game has in some aspects... the problem is the game lacks reason or doesn't motivate me to archive these things.... beeing not immersive enough for a singleplayer experience - and too less of a virtual world to interact with besides hugboxing each other for a multiplayer experience, which basically consists of complimenting each other on decoration, and /dance to some lame music someone is playing semi afk at a boring event.

Sophi likes this.
  14. Selene

Selene Avatar

There will be higher level crafting stations and tools available in-game just like there will be vendors available in-game without having one through a pledge. However, the crafting tools will have to be "repaired" to continue functioning. It is much like the tax free deeds vs. the deeds that will be for sale in game. Anything is obtainable, but it is just made easier for the people who donated money to help the game get made.

15. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I don't know much about agriculture, I assume that without a property (or maybe getting in the communal garden) I will never get to experience it. If you don't have anything beyond a row lot how will you garden?

Sophi likes this.
  16. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Good post. Yeah, what made Farmville fun? I think it was that it kinda made farming into a 'build a farm' game that focused on the strategic/aestetic/see results game over the process of actually doing anything mechanical to make the farm work at all. Almost any mouse click produced a 'result'. That is different than crafting system where mouse clicks are required to do some form of 'work'. Subtle difference maybe, but something to that.

Sophi likes this.
  17. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

18. Selene

Selene Avatar

There will be a public garden space available in NPC cities (and an option to have one in player owned towns, too) but they have not been made functional yet. Next release, I plan to run a farming co-op in Silverthorn for some row lot owners who would like to garden (I'll have a thread up about this in the POT section in a week or so, if you're interested, Rune)

Duchess Fionwyn, Sophi and 4EverLost like this.
  19. Shortina

Shortina Avatar

I love it for cotton. It is so hard to gather enough off bushes to make armor for me. I only do it for the beetles. So please don't take away my cotton farming!

20. Shortina

Shortina Avatar

How is that going to work permissions wise? I mean what is to stop someone from coming along and taking all someone else's planted material?

Sophi likes this.
  21. Selene

Selene Avatar

Well, the devs haven't revealed all the details, but I imagine it will work like quest items in dungeons... tied to each player individually.

Sophi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.