Value of Pledge versus Player Owned Towns

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Greyfox, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

In the past I made proposals how to keep the value of the pledge equipment:
    Given them self repair over time functionality. So it they are no longer taking damage, being worn or in bank, gain back 1 point of durability each 5 minutes of real time, and keeping the max durability value unchanged (+plus never going to 0).
    For a more permanent value these items could be connected/merged with more powerful equipment gained ingame, so that they share the art of the founder equipment and its bonuses (like "of light") but otherwise use the stats of the base item. This connection/merge could always be canceled manually for a cost in game, or will automatically cancel, if the base item breaks.

Greyfox likes this.
  2. Nastor

Nastor Avatar

Huh, as it currently is, the founders equipment is mostly useless right from the start (and only decorative) with the currently added boni to the starting gear. - I wonder if the founders equipment will in the end also gain some modifier boni...

Could be nice if we could get the equipment as an equipment addon, that changes the design for example any plate armor to founders plate armor (with the founders reduced wight bonus.)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    Dreamo84 and Duke Raas like this.
  3. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I dont think ive heard any concern expressed in the community specific to pledge values. I have a bigger concern for the future value of player owned towns by far because their future use has variables out of the players control like future land availability, player population, rarity of local raw materials and general foot traffic.

That doesn't even touch the fact that PoT ownership doesn't equate to land ownership unless you have made significant investment in lot deeds as well.

Pledge values are preserved by their maintained cost and the declining rewards.

RF and F armor would become a go-to to mitigate loss in the event of death in pvp if made indestructible. Im not necessarily opposed to the idea but also not sure why you'd want them indestructable since they are only viable in PvE from level 1-40 and 40 is pushing it. It's rarity should be its perceived value.

The original pledges also hold tangable value in their grandfathered home deeds which are sellable as of launch, those being pledge specific houses, they'll be sought after as rare and the new pledges only allow the current teir rewards.

Womby likes this.
  4. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Not to bounce OT but when I arrived in Okinawa in 98 145/1 when I left in 03 89/1 What a profit!

5. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Then in my opinion, that is "Working as Intended".

I do find the Founder Armor to be quite handy when I'm initially starting out, and want to spend my hard-earned money on getting my crafting operation up and running.

After that, I make my own armor, and commit the reward equipment to the attic. :)

6. bwtdozer

bwtdozer Avatar

Eventually they are going to add armor stands I believe (post FW or post release). So they won't have to stay in the attic for long. They can become deco. :D

7. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Indeed, that will be sweet. :D

Grave GodsHammer likes this.
  8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

You should include in this that it also depends on the town owner's goals. A lot of the value is subjective to what the owner wants to actually do with the town. I for one don't care about proximity to material or foot traffic. Those add no value to me and probably never will.

9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Mine will be in the deepest, darkest parts of my basement. :)

10. Curt

Curt Avatar

Guess they could make pledge armour immune to damage from monsters below level 30? instead of for example making them indestructible.

11. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

White Hart, the ablative snowy frontier obfuscating where Caer Dracwyc may or may not be... ;)

Then again, given the remote areas we are in, it was a little by design (at least for my placement)

Grave GodsHammer likes this.
  12. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

For my part I wanted a coastal town in a forest near the mountains. I didn't (and still don't) care very much where that would be.. remote or not.. but it was always meant to be a quiet little hamlet and home to knights. Everything else is secondary. I got what I wanted.. the rest is up to me.

13. Nastor

Nastor Avatar

Altough the current starter gear is already better, so that there isnt even a reason to take the founder gear out of the bank, besides some of the weapons, so the founders gear wouldnt really count as starter equipment...

14. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i also do not see a decrease in the value of hte pledge i made, for the same reason that i do not ever intend to sell in or out of game, so i know what i got and i'm getting it.

the changes that were made to pledges had cutoff dates, so you still knew what you were (or in some cases were not) getting when you got it. while the content was different, the expectation was still whole - you pay x, you get y. it isn't y-z, that you get, because you never had it in the first place. - if you are sad that you didn't get z, you should have pledged when it was a part of the deal.

there are things i wish i got with my pledge - but i know i would have had to fork out more money than i did - and i chose not to do so - so i'm not complaining about my own decision.

Solazur, 4EverLost and Draugon Erynor like this.
  15. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Decorative founders gear would be cool later if it can be staged in a house as suit of armor.

16. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

I'd kill to upgrade my founder gear. It's a real shame you replace it really quick and then it's just an outfit.

17. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i hope they make a way we can display that gear in our homes, sooner than later. like either a sports jersey in a frame, or a mannequin or something.

18. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Post-Wipe Schedule:

19. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

missed that gem, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.