What in this game need to be improved and what can be done about it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blaquerogue, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HairballHacker

HairballHacker Avatar

Then perhaps the things that should be lootable from the dungeon should not be the sorts of things that can be crafted. Say, ancient artifacts or religious symbols that we can equip. Or maybe certain sorts of gems. Would that not resolve the mutual exclusivity?

blaquerogue and Womby like this.
  2. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Nobody said "they're going Live", where did you get that from? There will be no more server wipes in July, I read this as Possibly "Alpha start" or "Beta start" and they've also stated that both of these will be short because pre-alpha has gone for so long... They don't anticipate a long Beta...

Applerust likes this.
  3. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

They're getting rid of the "Alpha" and "Beta" phases, and this will be a "soft" launch with the world going permanent, but with the game remaining in Early Access.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/final-wipe-and-lot-selection.44430/

4. Helseth

Helseth Avatar

I agree that there's a problem right now with loot. Delving into deep dungeons doesn't seem meaningful. Hard fights against other 'endgame' mobs also seems pointless.

A solution isn't that hard. Loot just needs to be epic crafting materials, or items need to have an 'ancient relic restoration kit' it make them usable, which can be obtained from high level crafters.

blaquerogue likes this.
  5. Dumdidum

Dumdidum Avatar

If you look at another game that (in my humble opinion) nailed it like Dark Ages of Camelot - the game was all about getting the best possible gear to be as deadly as possible in PvP (3 factions battling for territory - keeps and the such). Crafters made the best possible items but in order to do so, they needed crafting materials that came (also) out of dungeons or were sold by NPC's in towns that were in control of the "winning" faction. Moreover, items decayed pretty fast so crafters were seldomly out of business. People that didnt like PvP were still having a blast in PvE dungeons, and contributing likewise providing the PvP-ers with crafting materials gained in said dungeons.
    So in nutshell, you had a purpose to gear up, go out there and kill stuff.

That is completely lacking so far in this game. Once we have levelled up, there is zero incentive to hunt stuff. Thus, once we all have our shining sword and armor of uberness, we will not likely buy another set from a crafter. I forsee that many crafters will be out of work once everyone is geared up. There needs to be some perpetual game mechanic that makes people go out adventuring, and therefor destroying gears so crafters can keep crafting.

So what the game offers after the initial landrush and gearing up, is what will make or break it in the end for those looking for this kind of gameplay.

blaquerogue and Helseth like this.
  6. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

What in this game need to be improved = Need purple llamas.
    What can be done about it= To add purple llamas. (They dont need to be mortal, transdimentional and vortex llamas, that is only me here)

Acred and Helseth like this.
  7. Helseth

Helseth Avatar

Frankly I do want energy vortex in the game and I also want a chance of a vortex llama. If they don't do that then there needs to be a purple llama side quest where you start at a farm, find the magic item an ordinary llama is asking for, and then watch it ascend to llama godhood.

Eriador likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.