Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Kilt is not a mini skirt

Discussion in 'Release 27 Feedback Forum' started by Sindariya, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

[​IMG]
    I have no issues if the kilt ends above the knees but I don't need a mini skirt which reminds all boys on naughty school uniform. I want to wear a kilt.

2. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

OMG Sindariya! That would be scandalous!
    Port needs to change this right away. Hutch I am shocked!

3. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

I can almost guarantee you that Hutch had nothing to do with the development of the kilt. ;)

Request: Make male and female versions of the kilt as separate recipes, and let tailors craft both.

Yes, I know what that'll mean. :rolleyes:

Bodhbh Dearg, Leelu, Mata and 7 others like this.
  4. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

I agree with your point Riya.
    I find it rather offensive that all the recent female wearables are along these lines...

Bodhbh Dearg, Womby, Chatele and 15 others like this.
  5. Aimend

Aimend Avatar

Agreed. Not all female items need to be super short and revealing.....

Bodhbh Dearg, Womby, Chatele and 9 others like this.
  6. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

One of those is a kilt, the other is a miniskirt. Why are genders being forced to wear one and not the other? that's sexist going both ways.. I say, keep them both in the game, but allow both genders to wear both, that's what I thought the idea was here, not making items look entirely different for each.

7. EclipseMaiden

EclipseMaiden Avatar

I personally love it. I would never wear the long version of the kilt. And in real life a womans kilt is different from a mans anyway.

8. Selene

Selene Avatar

I agree with Jack about making both styles craftable. While I do enjoy the recent group of female wearables personally, everything being made for the ladies IS kind of short and/or skimpy, which might not send the best message.

Bodhbh Dearg, Womby, Lace and 10 others like this.
  9. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

poor Devs, hard to please women :D ...don't forget we have two dresses which reach the ground and a skirt too for now :)
    I like both versions of the kilt and would like to be able to wear both though. :)

10. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Alas, this is by design. Forwarding the general thoughts of this thread to the team in the form of an improvement suggestion.

Thanks for reporting.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  11. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I would buy it if it were longer.

12. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Oh dear next to the man the woman's kilt looks awful, like she washed it far to hot in the washer. What shame I was looking foreward to buying one

13. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

While i do agree with the op i think that after clunking around in ill fitting armour for most of the day its nice to have something a little more skimpy to wear while pottering around the house/garden. I don't want all the clothes to be skimpy and the like at all, but the occasional item, sure. In this instance i think they should have been very similar in design, but i think the devs tried to kill 2 birds and give us a little something which might appeal to both genders with the minimum amount of work. We have hardly any clothes really, either in the store or craft able, so any little helps. On that, ALL items bought in store should have a craft able version, no excuses!
    Oh...and boys....ive been having a peek...and while you all look very nice in them, you're not wearing them totally as intended...my cousins up North would call you names even i couldn't understand...remember now...no pants!

14. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Indeed and NO skid marks when you sit down on Lord British throne ether!!!!!

15. Shadow of Light Dragon

Shadow of Light Dragon Avatar

Historically women did not wear kilts. However, they did wear a similar plaid called an earasaid. The earasaid is "the woman's great kilt". Worn over an under-dress, the earasaid can be very versatile, be worn long or short, for warmth or for style.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not saying SotA shouldn't have a men's style kilt available for female avatars (that'd be great), but if Port is going to be gendered/sexist about it then I beg that they do it correctly instead of making a Virtues-damned miniskirt. :p Sell that separately as a Tartan Mini if you must, but not as a kilt. And make the mini available for male characters, too.

I miss how UO did it, however. If a female char wore a traditional breastplate, it'd look like a woman wearing a breastplate. If a male char wore a boobplate, it'd look like a man wearing a boobplate. One of the things I hate about traditional RPGs is that genders are forced to wear what the designers think looks appropriate for each gender. Something that's a pair of pants on a guy will suddenly be a skirt if equipped by a woman. A long jacket on a guy will be a halter top on a woman. Never mind that the woman might want pants and a jacket, or that the guy might want to show off his calves and midriff.

I know it's by design, and the double standard is discouraging and disappointing. :(

16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I vote for it short to wear as a miniskirt. Truly doesn't feel sexist to me. We barely have any wearables in the game as it is. I don't think we have to mess with this unless there's another version made. We really need all kinds of wearables like ball gowns, skirts and dresses of different lengths and design for everyone. Don't take away choice. Some females want to dress their characters on the sexy side others may not. It doesn't need to be either or. We need all choices. @The devs

17. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

I see it the same way majoria does. i have a lot of female gamer friends which prefer more sexy outfits in there video games.
    Giving a female character the option to wear also man cloth is something that should be possible but on the other side every cloth would than have 2 different models, cous i think a lot of players would be upset when suddenly there female avatar has manly feets or flat chest

18. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

I like there outfitts would be cool to see them ingame

19. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

Yes ! I vote for mini skirts ! Females are beautyfull and must be shown ! I vote for clean Windows too !! (some of you can understand)
    I vote for dyeable underwears ! I vote for new underwears ! I vote for nu.. errrr... freedom !
    Bwahahaha, women fought during centuries for the liberty to wear mini skirts .... And now some of you want to hide those wonderfull legs ?! No way !!

More seriously, clothes will continue to come. Devs know that we are all in demand for new clothes. The more, the better (like the emotes). So, please be patient. Clothes will come !!

20. Shadow of Light Dragon

Shadow of Light Dragon Avatar

In order for it to be a choice, there must be an alternative.

If female (and male) characters could choose between the two styles, that would be a choice. If the 'kilt' was able to be worn long or short with the click of a button, that would also be a choice. If a tartan miniskirt was in the shop separate to a kilt, that would be choice. But, at the moment, females can only wear it as a miniskirt and males can only wear it as kilt (a kilt, by design, is worn to the middle of the wearer's knees). Ergo, there is no choice.

It is not sexist that a tartan miniskirt is available, but it is sexist that the female equivalent of a kilt (in SotA) is a tartan miniskirt.

I'm all for choice. So let them bring on both.

[​IMG]
    An Aboyne dress, a modified version of the traditional kilt for female Highland dancers, circa 1970.

Bodhbh Dearg, Womby, Chatele and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.