What type of gamer are you (according to the Bartle Test)?

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by RelExpo, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArcanumVeritas

ArcanumVeritas Avatar

E / A / S / K ... which appears quite common here ...
    but over at SC it was much rarer, despite exploring being hailed as a viable option to make money.

I agree with the earlier point of the killer being more dominance related than actual killing.

BillRoy and RelExpo like this.
  2. Devoid

Devoid Avatar

Killer 80% Explorer 67% Socializer 27% Adventurer 27%
    But there were a lot of questions that I would have passed on if I could as being non-applicable to my playing style.

3. Espada

Espada Avatar

I think this score defines me.. Not really surprised. o_O

[​IMG]

The Killer motto:

"No enemy left standing!"

Description:
    It's the thrill of the kill. Trophies are okay, but that momentary rush attained from besting an opponent is what it's all about.

People with high Killer scores prefer the player-versus-player aspect of any game more than anything offered by the environment. They relish the adrenaline and challenge of pitting themselves against real people. Not all Killers are gankers as some critics claim. While getting the jump on the unprepared for a quick kill is important fun for some Killers, many prefer group PvP and revel in a well executed team maneuver that blows away the opposing side.
    Secondary influences
    • Killer Achievers pit themselves against PvE challenges as well--though often it's a means to an end. A KA often enjoys PvP that focuses on their skill as an individual contributor (duels, and so forth) as well as their personal position on competitive ladders and such.
    • Killer Socializers often seek out PvP in a game, but they are looking to socialize with and form alliances and teams with other players who are interested in doing the same. KS tend to seek out guilds or clans that organize formal PvP events, or work on group strategies and tactics.
    • Killer Explorers like to feel immersed in a virtual worlds and see themselves as a great villain or crusader within that world. They seek out challenges against other players, but they are going to find all the areas of that world. Trust an KE to know all the best ambush spots and sniper perches.

RelExpo likes this.
  4. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

[​IMG]

"No stone unturned!"

I don't know how you get over 100%, but there's a good chance if you encounter me in the world, I probably won't murder you.
    I've never been motivated to achieve and don't socialize in game much, but I do like sharing the knowlege I uncover by my insanly trying to get into every accesable place (and un-accesable place) I can find. And that exploration is mainly for the purpose of compiling info on beasts & creatures, mob agro, skills and patterns. Kind of a 'virtual' coroprealist/biologist.

I am really a danger to myself more than anyonelse.lol

5. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

You are a mean man, Bowen.:mad:

JK, I like you, brother. that is a wierd result though. There were some questions where you had to pick "the best" answer and not what you would really do. That would factor in some inconstant stuff.

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I've always had a somewhat paradoxal personality. :) ie: logical thinker.. creative interests.. usually introverted but likeable..(by most).. etc I guess I'm just weird. :D

BillRoy likes this.
  7. MindBlast

MindBlast Avatar

Explorer 67 %
    Socializer 67%
    Killer 53 %
    Achiever 13 %

Some really tricky questions out there... But results seem to match fairly well with how I play.

RelExpo and BillRoy like this.
  8. Bourbon

Bourbon Avatar

100% Killer
    40% Achiever
    33% Explorer
    27% Socializer

This is interesting becuase I spent most of my UO time as an anti-PK (Bounty Hunter). I guess this is still killing, just guilds will pay you a retainer to protect them vice kill them:)

I wish this had some sort of econometric ruberic, I know so many people that played this outside the normal bounds of achievement (cool loot and a powerful character). For example, I first learned I loved investing in UO when I was 14 and credit it toward my success in my current job, where trade on wall street. I really don't know if I would of gravitated toward this work if not for realizing how fun it could be in UO. I created virtual REITs, investor syndicates, and learned to conduct arbiratge before I knew what any of that meant. Haha I even would pay PKs to harass home owners in an area for weeks then swoop in with a low ball offers for all the houses and then place a tower/castle. Even if I coulnd't make larger structures, when PKs would leave, I'd have bounty hunters hang around, and the area would gentrify and prices would go up 30-40%, so I'd sell. I started to build a data base of prices of certain high end items like ranger/pheonix armor over time and when they would deviate below a certain (1 sigma) price level I'd buy them up.

I hope SoTA will still have the freedom to influence anothers so that people can have this same sort of kinstetic expierence. I'm afraid nothing will be as realistic and 'free' as UO and still maintain a invested, ample customer base so we may not see such a robust expierence. Allowing people the freedom to do bad to others gives the need for people to be good, to defend others and band together, but I realize that that strong learning curve in UO couldn't be competitive in a more mature onilne gaming market; People endured the hardships of Ultima Online because of lack of options, I don't think we'll ever truely exprience the same risk/reward feelings we had associated with early UO. It's sad though, being an anti-PK was very rewarding, because unlike newer games where everyone has a decent amount of protection though the games strucutre, people really needed Bounty Hunters to not have a miserable time in the game due to being harassed by PKs.

RelExpo likes this.
  9. Caradin

Caradin Avatar

Explorer 93%, Socializer 53%, Killer 53%, Achiever 27%

RelExpo likes this.
  10. Skizz

Skizz Avatar

[​IMG]

RelExpo likes this.
  11. beck7422

beck7422 Avatar

Explorer

[​IMG]

Makes sense. If there is the smallest section of the game I leave unexplored, storyline left unread, or crafting missed, then I feel incomplete. I also like to meet and help out all the other players I run across. I HATE killing other players.

12. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I feel mostly the same, accept for the story-line and crafting parts, and I'm not really that much of a helper I guess...but other than that, mostly the same.;)

RelExpo likes this.
  13. Donferth

Donferth Avatar

[​IMG]

14. Annora

Annora Avatar

S /K / E / A

• Socializer Killers loyally love and fiercely hate. Groups an SK bonds with in game are often deemed heroic, while the opposition is reviled. SKs appreciate teamwork and cooperation in PvP. They may become vicious predators while enjoying the thrill of hunt within in a pack, but they are not likely to seek out targets by themselves. They enjoy forming groups and alliances that will pit themselves against other players--and they gain the most satisfaction when they defeat organized groups of other players.
    I figured my achiever score would be higher, but this is pretty spot-on for my playstyle. I play support roles and love PVP, I'm a madwoman.

BillRoy, Devoid and RelExpo like this.
  15. Père Fouettard

Père Fouettard Avatar

[​IMG]
    I agree with Silent Strider. My killer score doesn't reflect my afinity for PvP... After all, if I can't convince my enemies to work for me rather than against me, vanquishing is inevitable.

16. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Ever play Team Fortress 2, PayLoad? You might like it.;)

17. Trapper

Trapper Avatar

Hello everyone, I am new here and just hoping to get plugged in. Took my test with the following results:

[​IMG]

I am hoping to get a group of my friends to play, about 8-10 in all. We all played UO back in the day and recently migrated off of WoW and SWTORO. Look forward to the developments that are coming!

18. Emso Boydon

Emso Boydon Legend of the Hearth

[​IMG]
    The answers were placed having my envisioned character for SotA in mind. Only 7% Explorer.... hmm...

19. Knoxinn

Knoxinn Avatar

Achiever 80%
    Explorer 60%
    Socializer 53%
    Killer 20%

Hmmm...well, it does play into my current philosophy. I want to see everything a game has to offer, but to do so, you've got to have some nice toys (weapons, armor, etc). So the Achiever score makes sense. As for the Killer score...I just don't engage in PvP like I once did. I guess over the years my bloodthrist has been quenched...

20. Grayhawk

Grayhawk Avatar

E 80%
    A 40%
    S 40%
    K 40%

Explorer

Secondary: Achiever, Socializer AND Killer ;).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.