Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Gathering time - please make it shorter

Discussion in 'Release 27 Feedback Forum' started by gracy, Mar 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Tier 5 nodes take the longest and have a chance at tier 1, 2, and 3 materials with a chance toget double tier 1 materials.

Tier 4 nodes give all tier materials, butdouble tier 1 materials are rare.

Tier3 nodes are the best to harvest for speed vs tier 2 material drop. They have a rare chance to drop tier 3 materials.

the advantage of the slow harvesting tier 5 nodes is that they drop all tier resources at a fair rate, and they can befound in abundance in more concentrated groups. Thier disadvantage is the slower mining rate, and the areas they are found are often challenging

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    Elfenwahn and Time Lord like this.
  2. Vignir

Vignir Avatar

I also feel the gathering time is too long. I'm sitting around staring at a boring screen (no user interaction) for what seems like an eternity. There's no skill involved. I don't feel that time should be what makes it "harder". It's not harder... it's just more time consuming. It's rewarding players who have more time to spend playing/grinding the game. Please value all players time! I end up spending more time on reddit while harvesting then actually playing the game. It should be spent doing something fun. Gathering / harvesting should be as entertaining as adventuring / killing.

I understand that the longer wait is probably so monsters have more of a chance to interrupt you... but that's also a pain point in. You finally clear out all of the spawn from around your resource node and then BAM one spawns right on top of you after waiting, staring at a boring screen, for over a minute and disrupts you (two minutes or so wasted if your "lucky" enough to maticoulously collect). Nothing should spawn right on top of you (which is probably a different discussion all together).

I would rather see lower percent return rates than slower interaction time. This way your time is spent looking for nodes, killing monsters. Not spending the time staring at a uneventful screen.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    Mimner, Time Lord, Quenton and 2 others like this.
  3. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I think that's a fair statement. Logging and foraging are different from mining and field dressing in that the nodes aren't concentrated in small spaces. I think those two skills would be less frustrating if nodes where easier to find.

Again I have to ask, what are your levels and what zones are you in? If you're talking about level 5 nodes when you aren't above 80, it's hard to take that seriously. I took timings, and on level 5 nodes, I never break 10 seconds. If a node is really taking you over a minute, you're going after nodes that are beyond what you should be.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Time Lord likes this.
  4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

It doesnt matter how quickly it goes, if someone has more time to get stuff, they willalways have more stuff.

Most people talking about the harvesting time being 40 seconds or so are harvesting the slowest nodes. There are nodes that gather alot faster, and when swift gathering get really high, the hardest nodesarent so bad

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The speed of the nodes you will find in a particular zone can usually be predicted by the skull markers at the beginning of the zone. Less skulls usually means faster nodes

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:oops:~Echoes of the Game's Visions in Success and Ease~

Though we as players wish things that deal with passive professions as gathering is, we must keep in mind what our Liege Lord British has said of such non-risky skills...
    (the jest of what he has said many times before), "Crafting professions ease will never equal a life's gain in gold more than a hard life adventurer's life seeking to become the Avatar or taking more risks in life"
    I believe that "Gathering" falls into this line of thinking within the game. So I wouldn't count on any more easy time limits on doing it :(
    He's the King... and of course he's right ;)!
    :eek: Don't blame the messenger!
    I don't speak for him, I just remember what he's said in the past :)
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  7. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

The townships of Moon, Monitor, and Fawn would disagree with your assessment of Beast British's rule :p

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Vignir

Vignir Avatar

I guess I was having a bit of an issue getting my point across. I understand that tier 5 zones take longer than tier 1. There's also a greater chance at better loot from the nodes. That's not the point. The point is that it should't ever be time based in the first place. It should skill based. Somehow make it challenging. It's NOT challenging to sit there watching a screen for a long period of time. It's just not fun :-/

Also there's an exception to skinning which to me seems like a normal length of time to complete. (even on tier 5 nodes)

Mimner, Bluefire and agra like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.