Mage Summons

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by EtherBunny, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

So, I haven't really seen too much on this, or heard anything in previous threads I've commented in on this, but mage summons....I can haz better?

Okay, I basically want to know if anyone has heard or know if we can expect the mage summons to ever get better? I know currently, the only thing we get with increasing the summons level is a decrease in the % chance to not use regs....yay......o_O

Going off of the caster standpoint, attunement is supposed to make pretty much anything you do/take within that school of magic better and the opposite hurts more. So going off of this, if I have attunement in a school of magic and the summon unlocked, why doesn't it improve the summon? Give it more HP, Dmg, Def...anything really. As it stands right now, a summon at lvl 1 and attunement lvl 1 is the same as a summon lvl 50 and attunement lvl 50.:eek:

At least with the other class of having a pet, tamer, you can increase those stats by taming better mobs, and you also get the innates that boost the pets as well. So it seems that if you want a viable pet for combat use, taming is the way to go.:oops:

2. Dadapawa

Dadapawa Avatar

I think taming pet "should" always be somewhat better then elementals... for balance issue; Taming is a whole tree, requiring you to "grind" taming ect and is costy (colars) while elementals cost... a few regs, and the time to raise that 1 skill (since you will most likely need to increase the attunment for the tree anyway). Now this is said, I totally agree that the summon should somehow scale with its skill level AND attunment (to reduce cross summon use (Fire mage, increasing everything to unlock Ice golem and just increase its lvl from there).

If and when it will be done... very good question, but since its alpha, you can guess that nearly everything still need polish. I remember in a post someone saying that the Devs said they will look into them later, but dont think there was an ETA.

Hope its in not too long! :D

3. Dadapawa

Dadapawa Avatar

*I just saw with the R28, a new line added to the summons... Effectiveness 15.8%... maybe this is what we were looking for!? :D

But it dosnt increase with attunment. will test it out

4. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Nice, sorry kinda late reply (I was at work). I will say I agree with you on the taming aspect, and I don't really think a summon that comes last (obviously after some attunement leveling) should not be as strong as tames (unless it's a crap tame). I just think.....it should be better. Also, home now and patching, so hopefully can test out this effectiveness you speak of!

5. Dadapawa

Dadapawa Avatar

Well after some casting... xD raised by 15 lvl my Air elemental, giving me 61.2% effective bonus and... absolutly no change (HP//focus/dmg), or at least nothing I have seen. Maybe its the regen but I highly doupt. maybe other summon will actually work.

On a side note, I tryed the Wisp summon; It dosnt not attack, all it does is give the enemy a -1 resistance debuf for 2-3s and a +1 confusion debuff for a few second also (seems shorter, 1-2s). I'm really not impressed to be honest. maybe it get new debuff at higher lvl? or they will work on it more later.

Coolwaters likes this.
  6. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Just keep in mind some of these summons are gated by boss kill quests that require friends to help complete and none can really be done at lower skill levels. That should make them a little harder to get early and should increase their toughness accordingly with some tamed creatures.

I do think we should be able to increase their damage/hps or something with increased skill.

7. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

I just checked myself. Water Elemental (10) and Ice Elemental (1). Nothing, Water actually had fewer HP (234) compared to the Ice (275). Uugghho_O........guess I'll wait until next Release :(

Coolwaters likes this.
  8. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

The only summons I have seen go up is my skelly, but that is with the undead mastery skill. He seems to do more damage then and has more hit points. He still in no way compared to even a plain spider though, but he does hit for better than 12.

9. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Yea, I think that's the only exception though. With Death you get the increased living time and the innate that makes them stronger.

10. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Alright, update. Level 40 is 100% effectiveness.

11. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Alrighty, level 42 and 102.5%....no change in HP/Focus. Going to try putting him through the Tower of the Shuttered Eye to see how he holds up.

Coolwaters likes this.
  12. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

@DarkStarr @Chris
    I asked about this in one of our telethons and got the "were definitely going to address this". (Was asked under the Alias Mordakai at that time)
    Can we get an update / teaser on what to expect Before Final, and what the vision is long term for the Summoned pets?

Thanks Gentlemen.

Coolwaters and Beli like this.
  13. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Yea okay....so I didn't notice anything different.....so here's hoping the future for summons will be better with R29+ ='(

Beli likes this.
  14. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Oh good, that'll be nice. As long as whatever it is isn't the vision for summons, I'm okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.