Poll: Would you stay and play, if.....

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by FrostII, Apr 11, 2016.

?

Would you stay and play if you did not have a home to call your own?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I think a simple yes/no poll should give us some idea of how important it is to you to have your own home.
    I'd like to know how you guys feel..... ;)

2. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

Yeah, I think I would. I'd just have to pay more attention to my inventory like I did in the old Gold Box D&D games. Although, it is nice to have a place to store all my junk. :)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Yep, I'd stay. Seems like a great game for $45.

4. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Nope. I get bored quick without housing in a game. First criteria I use to decide my next game.

5. Colgarra

Colgarra Avatar

Having my own home to go "home" to, is vital to me.......

Cirsee, Ice Queen, niteowl57 and 6 others like this.
  6. redfish

redfish Avatar

Depends on what else there is in the game.

I'm playing the story, of course. After I'm finished with the story, if its just grinding and farming.... then that's boring. If the gameplay is more than grinding and farming then maybe it won't be boring; but that's all we see so far.

Now, I'd enjoy player-driven role-playing, but housing is important to that.

7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I've only played one online game besides SotA, and that was UO (for 17 years).
    I'd love to spend another 17 playing SotA, but would not even consider it if I didn't have my own home. ;)

Zader, mTrCarlos, KuBaTRiZeS and 5 others like this.
  8. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

I played UO for the first 6 or more years with no house - just living out of the banks and the inns... I even used the camping skill. Housing isn't critical to me (ok... to those who know me - get over the shock), but if I don't have a house I'd need plenty of bank storage.

9. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Nope, no way, no how. I played UO for so many years because of the house, that I did indeed grind for many hours to purchase. During my time at UO I probably purchased a total of 5 homes-4 18x18 's. I intend to play this game for a very long time. Family ,Housing and Richard are the only reasons I am here. :rolleyes:

10. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I would play the story, and then log out and find something else to do.

11. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I said no, but I would try the Single Player Offline for the story.

12. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I would absolutely play without a house. I'd probably buy an extra account because I'm a clutter fiend.

13. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I almost always play the wanderer type of hero, so housing is not important for me.

14. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

FrostII, really? Two option poll? Why don't you understand that interest has NOTHING to do with housing. Let me ask YOU, would you stay and play SOTA if it only had housing and no other gameplay features? There is more to the game than that.

15. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Some people only want to stay and play for the story. Some folks have flatly stated they could care less. Different strokes for everyone.

Edit: For the poll, the housing would be nice, but not a priority for me personally.

16. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Yes, I would, but it would be different not having a vendor to sell my stuff for me...

Scraps MacMutt, Tahru and Leelu like this.
  17. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I have a home in SotA and I will have a tax-free lot after august. Yet, with the changes to teleport and recall, I seldom visit my home, and everyday I feel I need it less. And I dump all my stuff in guild warehouse anyway, so I think I'll be able to live off bank (maybe after expanding it a bit).

It's nice to have, of course, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

18. mercster

mercster Avatar

I would play without homes, I almost never use mine. Wait, probably never.

19. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Absolutely I'd play just an adventurer pledge, and had for a long time.. but given the choice, I'd prefer to own and that choice was made and I am now a proud owner of a land deed! :) The game is completely fine without housing. (tho I'd consider larger bank space for default usage)

20. redfish

redfish Avatar

:/

Yea; so the question to me is what type of gameplay there is after the story is finished besides housing and grinding. It isn't so much about what my cup of tea is, but what will keep my interest. And what will keep other players' interest, if we expand this question to cover everyone.

The truth is, I stopped playing UO because of the housing system. I grinded for a while to have enough gold to buy a lot, as I wanted to use that lot for role-playing. It ended up I had to pick one in an awful place, about an inch from other houses, which were ugly and, which had vendors on their roofs selling wares. Then I found out I needed to grind for more gold to create the building I wanted. So, I decided creating a house wasn't worth it, and I just quit.

Other than creating a house, UO was just grinding and dealing with PKs. Grinding is boring, so that didn't keep me in the game. I think most people think grinding is boring, and it won't keep people in. Some people like the excitement of dealing with PKs, or being a PKer I guess. I didn't care for that, but we don't have Open PvP in this game anyway, so I suspect that crowd won't find much excitement in SotA.

I'm lucky enough that I'll be able to have a house in a POT so I won't have to worry about getting a house. I'm not concerned about the fact that housing will be limited, as long as its set up so that anyone who wants to try to get one has a chance to get one. I don't think it adds to the game in the long run if people who aren't really interested in actually adding to the community all have houses. Then its just space being taken up. But I am worried about what other content the game will have besides the story, grinding, housing, and consensual PvP. Because if that's it, I think a lot of people are going to get pretty bored quickly after they've gone through the main game content. There's not enough interest in dance parties.

Moiseyev Trueden, Tahru and Leelu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.