Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Hangs at "Equiping Avatar 100%"

Discussion in 'Release 28 Bug Forum' started by Knight Grant MacGregor, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight Grant MacGregor

Knight Grant MacGregor Avatar

1. Title: Hangs at "Equiping Avatar 100%"
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? Yes
    4. Details: Am unable to log into the game. It doesn't crash or become unresponsive, but hangs on the loading screen at 100% and won't put me in teh game. Friends report seeing my character as online in the friends list. I saw similar threads, but none like this, so I wagered it better to post and possibly duplicate, rather than let it slip by.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Start the game, select online play, select resume (in Caer Dracwych), or world map, loading screen starts loading up to 100% then hangs there. To quit the game I have to ALT_TAB out, "close window", then tab back into the game, select "Quit", then "Leave Now" (or wait until the timer counts down from 20).
    6. User Specs: Windows 10, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD hard drive, GeForce GTX 970.

LedZepp and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Have you tried switching to friendly or single player online mode (just to rule out of some possible causes of the issue)?

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  3. Knight Grant MacGregor

Hi Roycestein,

Thanks for the response. The offline game mode works, none of the online modes work. This is using Steam. I tried running the game as Admin, no effect, reinstalling also had no effect, and also tried logging in with SotA credentials (rather than Steam credentials) without any change in behavior.

Thanks,
    ~Mike

4. Knight Grant MacGregor

So I took it a step further: wiped and completely reinstalled Windows 10 to see if it was due to some sort of system corruption or bad file leftover from a previous version, what-have-you. Unfortunately after a fresh reinstall of the game through Steam, the issue persists and I am not able to get past the loading screen.

5. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

@Attenwood I am having the same issue with one account. Since the character is hung-up on the "Jaanaford: Equipping Avatars... 100%" screen, but showing online to friends and guildmates, I decided to take another character to Jaanaford and see if I could spot anything wrong with the character. When I tried to teleport to the character, he does not highlight for teleporting. When I mouse over him, I am told that he is unavailable for teleporting as he is in a different match-making mode (Single Player Offline). I've checked it twice and I am selecting Friends-Only Online mode during the log-in. Perhaps this information could provide a clue to the cause of the issue?

LedZepp and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.