Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Continuing Log-In Crash

Discussion in 'Release 28 Bug Forum' started by Kitty2, Apr 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

Good morning,

I am continuing to suffer from an issue that prevents me from playing online at all.

It occurs every time, and has begun since Release 26. At that time, I was able to circumvent the issue by playing the game online using Windows 32-bit mode, but as of Release 28, that option has officially been removed, so I technically cannot play the game any longer.

Upon entering my Username and Password, Windows detects an Error with ShroudoftheAvatar.exe and must close the program. It is unable to find a solution to the problem.

I have previously submitted my crash report and system stats here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/launch-crash.48238/

To try to resolve this issue on my end, I have done the following:
    1. Repaired the SotA Laucher
    2. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game
    3. Uninstalled and reinstalled Windows 8.1
    4. Defragged my hard drive
    5. Reverted my entire drive to factory settings, reinstalled Windows 8.1, and reinstalled SotA
    6. Installed a "ghost" server, upon which I installed Windows 10, and then SotA, to see if it would run on there (unfortunately, that failed, as I could not allocate enough memory for that fun experiment!)
    7. And finally, did the unthinkable, believing I must have a corrupt bit of Windows 8.1, upgraded to Windows 10, then factory reset to Windows 10, and reinstalled SotA
    However, it STILL does not work! :mad: Now, in looking over the Forums here, I see that @Lord-Galiwyn and @Tychicus are experiencing the same concerns, and perhaps also @lokki99 , so I am not alone in my struggles here. If you look back into the Bug Forums from R26 and R27, I bet you'll find similar struggles - I myself posted in the Launcher Bug Forum for R26, and another Avatar whose name escapes me gave me the tip to play in Win-32 Mode! I owe her - otherwise, it'd be 3 months now I'd be missing from Novia!

I know how hard you Devs are working to make this game, but at the same time, I've never in my life invested so much into a game to make it come to fruition. I beg of you, @Attenwood , @BurningToad , please look into this issue - find out what changed between R25 and R26 to prevent some of us from jumping through that Rift. There's got to be some mystery code change in there that can fix our issue!

Humbly Yours,

lokki99 likes this.
  2. Tychicus

Tychicus Avatar

Well said, Barnabas Root !! I have dealt with this since Release 26 came out and I have done pretty much everything you have done except for a few steps you did. I am also dealing with Burning Toad and Attenwood !! Hopefully they will get this repaired !! Let's keep in touch about this ! thx

Barnabas Root likes this.
  3. Sir Baralis

Sir Baralis Avatar

One thing that I noticed is all persons that were mentioned in the OP are using AMD APUs.

Barnabas Root- AMD A4-5000 APU
    Lokki99 - AMD A4-5000 APU
    Lord-Galwyn - AMD A6-5200 APU
    Tychicus - AMD A8-6410 APU

Perhaps the Devs will take notice of this and it point them in the direction of a solution.

Barnabas Root likes this.
  4. Caligastia

Caligastia Avatar

I also have the same problem also AMD A8

5. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

I am still unable to l0gin to the online game.. offline is doable.

6. Tychicus

Tychicus Avatar

has anyone heard back from the DEV's on this problem we all are having ?

7. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

8. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

Nor I, officially.

I have been able to play using a work-around. It's something the Devs should be able to add with little effort, so you all can also play. I'll post it in the R29 Bug Forum so it gets more attention, using all your names, and hopefully it will be addressed so we can all play. *fingers crossed!*

9. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.