1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Final Wipe and Lot Selection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Open the console and type "MOTHERLODE"

cartodude, Leelu, Spoon and 1 other person like this.
  2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

@DarkStarr any word on this yet? Or is it a surprise for us?

3. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

Each Tier has 30 minutes for the R29 land rush test.

Leelu and stratigos like this.
  4. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

Pardon me if this has been answered already.
    Does the lot selection group means that:
    - If you are PoT owner, you cannot claim any lot on your PoT between the Final Wipe (July 28) and the date of your first Lot Selection ?
    - If you want to claim more than one lots, you will have to wait until all Lot Selection is completed (August 24) ?

Leelu likes this.
  5. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

If you are a POT owner and you're within your Lot Selection Group window, you may choose to place your Deed within your own POT if you so wish.
    You are only able to claim the one lot during your allotted timeslot. If you have 2 lots, your second will be in group 91 with everyone else.

6. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

Thank you for the information !

Joy. I have to wait a month before I can make my PoT nice and functional.

Leelu likes this.
  7. Aenra

Aenra Avatar

As it turns out, i got one more question.. (this is beginning to feel awkward, lol)
    For some context, am pasting the relevant part of the Lot Selection announcement:

MISC:
    • EDIT: Many backers have inquired how to add dollars to their pledge.
      • Option 2: Purchase a $25 Service voucher and send a request to support@portalarium. We will then add that $25 plus whatever amount of available store credits or gift coupons you wish to your pledge.
    The question being, is there a time limit for doing the above? It's not specified anywhere, unless i missed it, and i wanted to ask as i'm already assigned into a group.

Thank you both for reading and your patience :)

Leelu likes this.
  8. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Nothing explicit on that, but I would say try to make a request 3 weeks before the last wipe/lot selection process just to be safe

9. Aenra

Aenra Avatar

Leelu likes this.
  10. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

Thanks for pointing this out! I did not like the idea of a 4AM EDT wake-up call. That's $25 well spent to save some sanity.. even though I was prepared to get up that early-or not sleep. :)

11. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

@DarkStarr : IMHO, the group 91 second lot restriction interferes with PoT rebuilding.
    How about removing PoT second lot (or third or fourth) claim restriction if:
    - Your first lot selection group has already arrived.
    - PoT lot is reserved in your name by the PoT owner.

Moiseyev Trueden and Alley Oop like this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

@DarkStarr
    How about POT owners can place down as many lots as they want in their own POT whenever they want? Problem solved.

POTs are always going to be owned by POT owners, the land rush doesn't change that one bit. I can see the argument that players are getting a "jump" on leveling and economy by moving into a POT sooner. But once a POT owner makes their first choice, I don't really see why they need to wait until group 91 if all they're doing is building up their POT.

13. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

With the new POT-only lots from the add-on store (and in-game eventually), will those have to wait until after group 91 places or can they be placed immediately when final wipe occurs (and not impact the tax-free lots or other add-on lots that can be placed in NPCTs/PRTs?)

14. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

This has already been gone through, Starr and team has answered it several times, players paid in kickstarter to get early placement. POTs doesn't change that.
    There would be tons of edge cases that would require extra coding.
    So POTs will have to rebuild in the same order as everyone else, which is fair.

Also BDF you were one of those that crashed the dev proposal which would have allowed us to have a compromise. Even though you won't get it, I still appreciate the irony of the situation.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...tion-sequence-update.46282/page-2#post-511641

Leelu, Lord Andernut, Bubonic and 4 others like this.
  15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

@DarkStarr
    How about keeping things the way you've planned them for the reasons you've explained. Problem solved.

It's kind of a bummer, but I completely understand your reasoning.

Ronan likes this.
  16. Knight Dozer Belador

Knight Dozer Belador Avatar

Aenra, I would get it done like now or ASAP. I already have done it just so that I be in the next group up.

Dozer

Aenra likes this.
  17. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

that works on every lvl but Barron and Lotm. those kick starters will not start early.
    it went from dollar over pledge to total dollar.

Leelu and Night Fury like this.
  18. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

True, and a very strange business decision, agreed. But very little to do with folks wanting to place deeds in their POTs before their slot?

19. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

business decision - as a pot owner, and someone who will not be placing in a npc or prt town, i see both sides of the argument. but the bottom line is they need to follow what is most fair for the masses, and not take pots into consideration for the placement schedule.

as a business decision, i am behind it.

but, personally, not so much.

i personally disagree with the fact that as a pot owner, i cannot place at any time IN MY POT. i fully support their overall decision that i not be able to place in someone elses pot, because of the children who would cry wolf about that too being a problem for them somehow, within their prt and npc towns.. that decision is FORCING me to participate in the land rush, and one of the primary themes of this game from the start has been "sandbox".

my town. shouldn't i be ready to take people into my town during their slots in the rush? by forcing me to wait until my slot to put my stuff down in my town, from my perspective they will be taking away my ability to work with the other players to place in my town when their time slots are available.

in light of that, i am in a private protest:

the fact that i cannot place within my own damned pot, until my time is up, i am refusing to even participate in the land rush in any way. and that includes allowing anyone to place in my town until the rush is over. i feel that the only way i can protest, is to screw with the metrics they very clearly want to have, as they have also made it clear they will not budge on it.

what i want, is for myself and any of my stewards that i place in town permissions, be exempt from the land rush, IN MY TOWN.... and so people do not abuse stewardship: with no way to REMOVE someone from stewardship until after the land rush is entirely finished.

so for paxlair - winfield and sean silverfoot will be able to place there.
    for port phoenix, wrath and jack knyfe will be able to place there.

all four of them will be able to then focus on anyone else during the landrush, and afford those citizens the experience they deserve during the rush.

Elwyn likes this.
  20. Roycestein Kaelstrom

POT owners can still set up the lot markers and place NPC buildings and vendors, right? So what will be missed out to complete the town would be the crafting stations and the chest storage unless the POT owner is on early group.

That seems fair on the overall scheme, but I agree that it's a hindrance to progress of collective groups if they don't have at least one person who can place lot early on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.