Poll: Would you stay and play, if.....

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by FrostII, Apr 11, 2016.

?

Would you stay and play if you did not have a home to call your own?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Favonius Cornelius

Favonius Cornelius Avatar

I would prefer in fact that not I not anyone else started with a structure. Building towards that is what keeps people interested. By giving it all away up front, a great disservice was done to the long term viability of the game.

mercster and Tahru like this.
  2. mercster

mercster Avatar

I understand what you're getting at...you're like me. A hardcore simulation-loving weirdo. But I would agree with others that without housing, this game would have been much more difficult to fund.

So next time you are doing your own thing, fishing, farming, whatever...remember! "Someone cared enough about houses to fund the rest of this stuff" :)

3. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

so back to this - i'm not surprised it is 51.3% in favor of staying if you don't have your own home.. the percentage seems about right. (79/75)

4. Favonius Cornelius

This is a myth, according to the information available on the kickstarter website.

SoA kickstarter total about 2 million:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalarium/shroud-of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0

Pillars of Eternity kickstarter total about 4 million
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/description

Pillars has no need to give much in the way of pledges other than CREATIVE CONTENT.

I repeat: it was a big blunder to introduce player housing as a pledge.

5. mercster

mercster Avatar

I would respectfully disagree, for this reason: Player housing means MUCH more in an MMO game than a single player game.

Listen I don't believe housing is a big deal, but a lot of people do. And for an MMO like Shroud (it is at least that, DLMB), housing has been a major factor in fundraising. Just sayin'.

Also, yes, whoever hollered at me above, I will rent out my house. PM me.

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  6. Favonius Cornelius

Well, I dunno, I've been hearing people swear up and down that SoA is a single player game. It becomes an MMO for the player housing support argument. :)

Moiseyev Trueden and FrostII like this.
  7. mercster

mercster Avatar

I think it really comes down to three groups of people:

1) The hardcore single player only people, it doesn't matter for them, you can give them any plot in the game they want, just earn the gold in game and buy it.
    2) The hardcore crafters / home makers. I call this "Barbie Dreamhouse" mode, for entirely politically incorrect reasons. These people mainly just want to decorate their home and craft inside of it.
    3) The people who are actually using a home for strategic benefits, whether it be crafting for their guild or just helping them level up faster. I think these people are probably in the minority.

Then there's the rest of us...I have a house, but who knows. Maybe I'll come up with a use for it later. 'Till then, as I said, it's up for rent ;-)

8. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

It sure would not have been the one I chose!

After a few months of tinkering with the game I would move on. For me I see housing as a means to an end. It allows for a whole lot more interaction and stuff to go between players. It is the sandbox to a large degree in my current game play style. I voted no, but also should clarify, no after a few months.

Moiseyev Trueden, Ice Queen and Tahru like this.
  9. Etheom

Etheom Avatar

No, I would need somewhere to store all of the things I collect over the years. Thankfully with player towns this isn't a problem!

10. QTIP

QTIP Avatar

I for one thought when I bought a pledge housing would mean, well, more than it does. I have lots of Bank space so a home means little beyond vanity. This is especially true if you are in a guild or have friends who let you use advanced crafting stations. Just my 2 cents worth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.