Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Reduction in target arch

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Violation Clauth, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I'd like to see if it's possible to get a better control over our targeting by reducing from a 90% arch to a 45% arch. Example below... I want to get the red guy but I'll get the green guy because he's closer and in my arch... so to get the red guy I'd have to shoot a shot that looks like it would miss him which is just odd... if it was a 45% arch then I could still have the forgiveness that you guys are trying to afford us and avoid multiple target issues a bit easier.
    [​IMG]

Maka, Beaumaris, Weins201 and 3 others like this.
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Or at least it should have intelligent boundaries, so if your center is closer to the red guy, you hit the red guy.

But I don't think the arc has to be as lenient as it is now to be forgiving to players. Also, if there are no targets to hit within your arc, and you fire, you should turn in whatever direction the reticle pointed at. Otherwise, towards the target. Right now its a bit buggy.

3. Noric

Noric Avatar

Not playing an archer atm... but i think i agree i would use a slimmer one if everything is working like you say (which was my own conclusion as well).

4. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Everyone still feeling this in the latest update?

5. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

No, 5 years from now there will still be updates

6. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

lol, I'm confused. And, howdy :)

7. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I'm amending my feedback... I want this to be a slider from 1 degree to 45 degrees... GIVE US THE POWER OF CHOICE!

Dorham Isycle likes this.
  8. redfish

redfish Avatar

I think they should find something that feels good to most people, then think about options later. There's an assumption that people want a really wide targeting angle; but I don't know -- it feels unintuitive to me.

9. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I thought about it and I'd rather have a 1 degree angle actually... I want to be rewarded for precision. I just figured some people want an easier game so they can deal with getting unexpected targets as a result of their "aim assists" type feature... that option is built into most games... make it 1 degree larger than my reticle and I'd likely be happy with that. To each their own and the option slider let's players have the control of that...

10. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

A slider is a great idea. Can't think of a way it could be exploited.

11. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Wasn't the original idea (currently implemented) that you're aiming at the "best" target anyway? If you have a 1 degree precise target even with the 90 degree arc, you're already going to get the correct target now, even if there's 5 bad guys in your 90 degree arc.

12. Noric

Noric Avatar

There appear to be other factors impacting it right now. If you look at the example video @Chris put up he struggles to get the rear right target between the other two nearer ones. He actually steps forward to hit it. Unless it was totally out of range, the range factor was getting in his way of hitting his intended target.

13. helm

helm Avatar

I've always thought that was done on purpose - when watching the video it seemed be to be clearly out of range - and I generally trust my range estimates after having done quite a few targeting-on-even-ground tests with bandit-punchbags in Ardoris sewers.:p

In my own tests tests (done with the same QA version 353) long range was definitely not a factor (as long as it was inside the weapon range), i.e. I could target the rear targets just as easily as the nearer ones, as long as they were not coming in a straight line. Longer range does require more careful mouse handling, but does not feel inherently unpredictable in any way.

14. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I'll release a video showing my direct issue sometime later this week. Then there will be no more confusion on what the exact issue is that I'm explaining and how it differs from what @Chris showed in his video.

Noric likes this.
  15. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

So having a friendly will change your reticule and having an unfriendly available to attack behind them will actually never show even if the ranges are correct and you won't be able to attack them because the friendly is in the way. He exclusively had unfriendlies which works differently based on my experience.

16. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Here's an even easier solution that doesn't require any changes, MOVE YOUR ASS TO A DIFFERENT SPOT. :mad:
    Problem solved.

Fister Magee likes this.
  17. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Unfortunately that's not actually a solution to the problem. The problem is that the game just became a 1v1 arena game with this caveat and the current targeting. You cannot have large group play. I am an extremely social gamer and playing in a party isn't really possible with this issue. Nice rage face though :p

18. Maka

Maka Avatar

I'm curious how this works with pvp... If I'm hanging out killing bears and a pvp player runs in front of the bear. Do I get flagged for pvp and then killed by said player? I haven't played with the system so this question may be way off base?

Violation Clauth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.