Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

crashing

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by Beli, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Crashed twice while leaving Highvale, as world gets the tunnel vision and I think the overworld is about to load, I am suddenly at desktop.

Brent Sasz likes this.
  2. Dane Sardock

Dane Sardock Avatar

I am having the same issue as of post patch 405. I am also falling through the ground. I am sorry I lost the specs it gave me, didn't go to any clipboard. I did however get this nifty screenshot with the specs in the chat window, :s I was also using air embrace.[​IMG]

niteowl57 and Kara Brae like this.
  3. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I'm just crashing all over the place in no specific order or place or spell. Currently in Solace Bridge crashing a LOT. No warning, no error, just all of a sudden I am on my desktop. I made sure NOT to use Air's Embrace. It didn't matter.

4. Mobidoy Querrent

Mobidoy Querrent Avatar

Same issue in Solace bridge, just running around looking for raw cotton and maple tree...

Did happened also in East perenial.

Had it happened 1 or 2 in East Longfall Wetlands 2 days ago but, I dont even think it happened once yesterday.... Will need to go back and have a look !

Duchess Fionwyn likes this.
  5. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Early next week we'll be pushing a build on a newer version of Unity. In our internal testing it still had issues with zoning crashes but didn't see any during the scene. Unity has not been stable for a good 6 months sadly and they have NOT been responsive. Worst case is we'll roll back to a version from 6 months ago that was stable.

Sorry for the frustration guys. We turned off two more features where we had seen call stack crashes, Enlighten and Streaming audio, but my guess is they just have a random memory write that is corrupting other systems. Either way, our only options are still to roll WAY back. One way or another, we'll have it stable for final wipe.

niteowl57, Elwyn, smack and 2 others like this.
  6. Silvanus

Silvanus Avatar

patch 405, 407

Not piling on - just passing the info

(both patch levels) Solace Bridge - multiple crashes within 10 minutes on both sides of the bridge
    (both patch levels) East Perrenial Trail - crashes on exit multiple times
    405 South Celestial Wetlands - crash on exit

7. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

@Chris I just wanted you to know that I for one am not frustrated by this. :) Bugs I can handle...lol :p I just wanted to let you folks know what I was experiencing. I know you'll do your best to get it rectified as soon as humanly possible!

niteowl57 likes this.
  8. Mobidoy Querrent

Mobidoy Querrent Avatar

no frustration on my part too, we are in a construction zone anyway !!!

Duchess Fionwyn and Ellrynn like this.
  9. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Well too bad because I'm SUPER frustrated by it! :mad:

10. DarkEvilHatred

DarkEvilHatred Avatar

I too am crashing mainly when fighting in Solace Bridge area repeatedly and it usually doesn't create any logs, just game closes without any kind of warning or error message. Sometimes I am fighting, other times I am just walking around. It is almost as if the server is dropping my connection. I say this because things around me aren't responding to my attacks. Like, I will walk up to a spider and start attacking it but no damage is inflicted. The spider is just standing there as if it doesn't notice me then the game just closes.

This is very upsetting as I just purchased an Adventurer pledge and only have 2 days left to make a decision on whether or not I will upgrade to Knight, Citizen, or Ancestor and with the game being almost completely unplayable for me, this is telling me not to pledge any more. :(

I understand the game is Early Access but not being able to really even try the game out for more than a couple minutes at a time max is super frustrating and making me regret me pledging with the game being several years old and seeming to be in this state. Sorry to complain but I am very upset, especially with the circumstances of such limited time to raise my pledge level and get the 15% bonus.

Here are the two error logs that were created so far out of many many crashes. I do not play through Steam.

http://txt.do/5y3hn

http://txt.do/5y3hw

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    tekkamansoul likes this.
  11. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

Lots of crashing in Highvale. The first time while exiting to the overland map. All of the other times was right after being attached but before I could strike back. I already had my weapon out, No spells being used.

12. Mobidoy Querrent

Mobidoy Querrent Avatar

Do you still want us to report when, were etc... Or you already have a good idea of it and would like us to stop rubbing it in ?

13. Daevin Aruth

Daevin Aruth Avatar

Random CTD after 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes in game. Time and location varies on CTD. Total CTDs is three from current patch and 2-3 hours gameplay.

tekkamansoul and Duchess Fionwyn like this.
  14. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Also way high crash rate for me (Win 7 Pro). Haven't had CTDs in quite a few releases.

15. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

I am not yet frustrated, but the issue is, that SotA is nearly impossible to play, because the game crashes after re-starting again and again. Sometimes after 15 mins, after 5min...it's strange. I am in Solace Bridge, the second scene.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  16. Michellia

Michellia Avatar

Constant crashing in solace bridge, east Perennial trail and some times over land, does not matter in combat or out of combat. But every two minutes over 10 times, this is to buggy to play or test.

Windows 10 pro, R370 6GB AMD video card. AMD Athlon X4 880K CPU, 8GB DDR3 1333MHZ memory. Everything up to date all latest drives clean install 3 days ago.

Roommates system even better specs, I7, 32GB DDR4, 6GB Nvidia card windows 10 pro, SSD HD etc same problems.....

17. Tru

Tru Avatar

Windows 10 seems to have regressed further since patch 29 came in. It was at least playable before. Every action is slow to react and clicking in the new interface takes a long time (several seconds) to react. If you click repeatedly it crashes. Will wait for next update.

18. Nevets

Nevets Avatar

Crashes while zoning to desktop, especially when using scrolls.
    Windows 10 pro, GTX 960 nvidia video card, Intel i7 cpu, 16 GB .

19. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

Altair 9000 Networking connection closed by client plus a warning that it might crash. I am in Owls Head at the tavern. The crashing just started I am in single player mode no steam nothing added in any way my internet is the same as far as I can see. when I click ok it shows the login screen. This has happened 6/7 times so far only in owls head near the tavern.
    I was fine from the time of the release 29 until now.

------------------
    Time of this report: 5/1/2016, 09:36:03
    Machine name: DESKTOP-AL8MC6G
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.160328-1908)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: XPS 8900
    BIOS: 2.1.3
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16322MB RAM
    Page File: 6646MB used, 12108MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Not Available
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.10586.0000 64bit Unicode

------------

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  20. Albus

Albus Avatar

Lots of crashes also, seemed random and all over the place rather than one scene in particular, sometimes in combat, sometimes out of combat and just traveling within a scene but not on overland map so far that I recall at least so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.