Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New combat kudo's and one big complaint.

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by FrostII, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

After the disaster of R29 QA combat changes, we were treated to some of the swiftest "fixes" I've seen.
    Most of my major complaints have been corrected (mouse movement during combat and on the overworld), so kudo's for that.

Now, for the big complaint....

I'm a melee guy who is forever fighting mobs that gather in front of me or around me, but most always mobs that are gnawing at my legs.
    Once they are right on top of me, the only way I can watch THEIR health bar is by aiming the camera straight down at them.

Probable not an issue for Archers or Mages, since they're ranged and seldom aiming straight down, but for us melee guys it just stinks...

That is ridiculous, unnecessary and makes subsequent movement a pain in the arse....

Please fix it so that whatever I'm fighting, that is right in front of me, I should always have that mob's bar up.

Watch the 20sec video below to see an example of what I'm talking about....

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    Cianna, Colgarra, Kara Brae and 2 others like this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

And is a HUGE problem for archer also when critters get in close and you have to keep the reticle Red :-(

Need a way to set targets (PERIOD)

3. Noric

Noric Avatar

I'm not really sure that i fully agree with this. I mean from a pure game satisfaction perspective, setting targets makes sense. However, if you're getting mobbed by 50 skeletons, picking a single one out to hit over and over again with arrows would be pretty hard. It also provides quite natural mechanics for making archers want to keep things out of a minimum range and not take on too many targets at once.

This is not to say that i think the current system is good enough(the archery targeting needs to be slightly more under player control imo - and the "target at start of cast" mechanic seems weird to me). I just think that "setting" a target seems like a clumsy solution compared to providing players a method to improve their ability to reliably hit a target.

GreyMouser2 likes this.
  4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

If the clickable target is not gonna happen, then we need to be able to prevent the cursor mode from switching to a new target when we pan the camera to look at the surrounding and see our guy fighting. Otherwise, we'll be limited to only see the rear of our avatar while fighting or choose to be a meaty punching bag until we pan the camera back to the avatar's rear again.

Weins201 likes this.
  5. Noric

Noric Avatar

I absolutely agree that this is currently an issue. My own personal preference just is that it should be easier to "refind" a target, rather than stop a target from being "lost".

6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Guys, it's less about "finding" a target, and more about the requirement to use a camera overhead in order to see the target's health bar, when the target is in my face.
    The target has already been selected and IF I aim the camera straight down - the opponent's bar magically re-appears. It was there, but not showing unless the stupid target is in my reticule.
    The thing is in my face and we're engaged in combat - the health bar should be there no matter what.

7. Noric

Noric Avatar

Unless i am mistaken the other conversation got a bit out of scope of your own situation. As the hp bar goes, as far as im concerned the last hit target should be visible until a new target is hit at the very least.

GreyMouser2 and FrostII like this.
  8. smack

smack Avatar

Great bug! Perhaps that's because the target stat UI is tied to the target reticle function? If so, it also should show with the cone calculation. Clearly, it knew what target you're hitting within that cone even if the reticle isn't directly / exactly on it.

Now with AoE attacks (even melee), what target stat should it show? All of them? The "primary" nearest to bisection of the cone?

FrostII likes this.
  9. Colgarra

Colgarra Avatar

If I am in melee combat with an opponent, it's health bar should stay on my screen. End of story. :mad:

FrostII likes this.
  10. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Exactly, thanks for your input.... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.