Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Attunement Not Adding Correctly

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Skyo, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

[​IMG]

75 / 8 = 9.3

Why does this show 7?

@Chris

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Because the average is 20 + 11 + 37 + 3 + 0 + 7 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 78 / 11 = 7.09

included the innates :-(

3. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

That's not what Chris said. He stated all active skills............

Fister Magee, Noric and agra like this.
  4. Noric

Noric Avatar

This is true.

agra likes this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I onw I just showed oyu thow what actually happened :-(

Fister Magee likes this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Yeah all I can figure is it used the inates also :-( just bad math
    But if you really go by the instructiuons you only have 4 active skills in that tree 4 are still shut off so should be 18 Attuenemt for those 4 active skills

7. Noric

Noric Avatar

I still don't think that it is going to end up being only unlocked actives in calc.

8. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

I shouldn't need to raise innates and pets to become more attuned to the damage dealing aspect of magic trees.

9. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

I actually personally like the direction they've taken with attunements. When you raise a skill you become more skillful with it and your damage goes up. The actual attunement is tied to a school of magic and so you must become skilled in all of the different spells to fill out your understanding of the school.

I think someone who specializes in death should be able to caster better more powerful spells than someone who's just passively picking up (cherry picking) skills. I think the real question will end up being what's the actual difference between a death mage with 100 attunement vs a warrior using 3 skills and sitting at 35 attunement.

I do forsee many people running around with mage sets just to level up skills to get that attunement up if it's of any significance; That would prove tedious for any non-mage to have to do that.

~Woden

10. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

That explains it.. is this the same for all trees? The changes to attunement shouldn't be including the innates in it's calculation, but it apparently is. Did anyone file a bug report yet? Does this mess up all the trees, or just death?

11. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Yes, at least it is for all of the ones that I have points in.

I like the new way better than the old, but I think it could be improved. I'd rather see pets excluded from the calculation than innates. Normal play won't skill those up much.

edit: I also don't think it would make much sense to exclude unlocked spells. That would defeat the purpose of the change.

margaritte likes this.
  12. Curt

Curt Avatar

Agree from the original explanation i would assumes would only be average over active skills not the innate.

13. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Not unlocked, but the innates.. the Death Tree for example should only have 8 active skills, with 3 innates.. and the innate changes stated that the innates would not be included in this average for attunement.. I can dig up the quote if you need, but pretty sure this is a bug.

agra likes this.
  14. agra

agra Avatar

start 27:15: [change to attunement.] attunement skill will be going away. the effect will still be there , you know, improving the power of your magic? will still be there. your attunement skill will be based on the average of the active skill levels in that school, so not the passives, but all the actives. It'll be based on the average of those, so I'm sure a lot of people are screaming "Noooo!" because this is really aimed at.. there's a.. primarily min/max'ers or basically there'd be a lot of schools where they'd get one spell and then high attunement. And one spell and high attunement. They were just cherry-picking the individual ones which is great for min/maxers but it is crappy in terms of feeling like a real spell school and system and being a Master of Fire Magic which is what attunement was supposed to be.
    It also moves away as we try to... continually try to make sure that passives are less a factor in the game and continue to downsize the number of attunement things. Will also be one less expensive thing to spend your experience on.
    In terms of it affecting things negatively it will probably stop having any negative impact if you have a low attunement, or you raising your attunement in one school will not negatively impact the other opposite school.
    end 28:37
    From

Abydos, margaritte and Fister Magee like this.
  15. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Yeah, I understand. Just responding to 2 different things. Someone mentioned that there were only 4 active skills in the screenshot.

Fister Magee likes this.
  16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok have checked with 2 other people and 6 differnts spell trees and it is deffinatyl averaging every skill in the tree, active, inactive and innates

17. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

It is currently taking alll skills from the tree into consideration.

The true question is whether it should be like this or exclude the innate ones like how the release notes mentioned.

Fister Magee likes this.
  18. agra

agra Avatar

Should only be the "actives". And when I say "actives", I mean the Glyphs, not the Innates. Not just the skills you've unlocked/purchased.

That's how they said it should be in the video, that's what the release notes said, so.. if it's not doing the calculation with Glyphs only, then it's bugged/broken.

I just checked my fire attunement.
    [​IMG]
    It's just wrong/broken. It's close to the total number of glyphs + innates. (197/10=19.7)
    If it is that, then it's not what they said, for certain
    It's not just the glyphs (162/7 = 23). It's not just what I've purchased (162/6=27). o_O:eek::confused: It's actually showing just 19. I have no fire attunement gear, nor buffs.

So, I'm going to go ahead and say the formula is plain wrong, right now. ;)

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  19. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Someone put in a bug and I'm to lazy + attenwood hates me because body slam is still broke after 3 + releases and I get passionate when I loose pvp engagements due to bugs I submitted months ago!

agra likes this.
  20. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Weins did already.. it points to here :) so it's just a matter of time...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.