Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Suggestion/Request: Repair Kits craftable with Scrap

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Rasmenar, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rasmenar

Rasmenar Avatar

At the moment, I don't think I would ever use resources crafting a repair kit. It's a one-time use item that I need multiple of to fully repair an item, so I'm better off just spending the gold to snag them from a vendor.

Seriously though, it's really cool that they are craftable, but they're not really worth crafting at the moment. I could use three metal ingots and two leather crafting a repair kit, or I could use those three metal ingots to make a sword blade. I know that things like this (economic balance) will be looked at in the next couple of releases so I figured it's a good time to post this suggestion.

Also of note, I am really hoping that if the repair kits stay how they are right now (one time use then destroyed), they either stay on vendors or the recipe required to craft them becomes much more simple. It'd be a shame if it was more expensive to repair items than it is to buy new ones again.

Fister Magee likes this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

easy turn the scraps into the materials they make, then you can make them out of scraps??

3. Noric

Noric Avatar

When it comes to good gear (++ or better) the is no question it is going to be cheaper to repair.

4. Rasmenar

Rasmenar Avatar

It's less about concept and more about whether or not it's worth the time to make.

This is true. I've got a ++ iron/copper shield right now (+10 health +2 strength) and there's no way in hell I wouldn't spend the gold to repair it. But I've also got vendor-bought augmented plate pieces still, and at the moment it's more economical for me to break them down for scrap and buy a new plate piece than it is to repair those pieces.

5. Noric

Noric Avatar

Actually might make some sense from a setting perspective. If its junk armor - odds are its not worth maintaining. If it is special the cost becomes worth it. I'm definitely not going to rush anywhere to scrap my enchanted white iron chain...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.