where are the players?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrBeer, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrBeer

DrBeer Avatar

I have ben playing for a few hours, and i have not seen that many players? where are all the players? non in chat non in towns :D is the chat broken?

Cally, Maka, Leelu and 2 others like this.
  2. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

There is no global or zone chat. So you won't see chat unless you are next to the person, in a group, in a guild, or have the magical orb from lord pledge that allows you to join a special chat channel.

enderandrew, Leelu, Ice Queen and 2 others like this.
  3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Well, I'm not in the game for a few days because I have company from overseas :)

There are a couple of other reasons why you don't see many people online...

• Since we are still in the testing phase of an incomplete game, many players log in right after a new release to test the new content, then log out and wait for the next month's release. R30 will go live on May 26.
    • Many people log into Single Player Online whenever they want to level up by killing mobs or collect resources. I try not to do that, but once in a while I will if the areas I am in already have a few players in them who aren't interested in chatting or forming a party. If I see a player killing mobs, I feel guilty harvesting anything - it feels like stealing :(
    • Lots of people who have been active over the past year or so are just weary of having to start over every three months, only to have their progress wiped.
    • In R29 a new targeting and movement system was introduced that is still buggy and more physically painful for some people to use than the old system. Improvements and fixes will be implemented in R30, so many people are waiting for that release to test them.
    • The Final Wipe (note the capital letters :)) of the game will take place on July 28. Many players have decided to wait until then to log back on.

4. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome DrBeer!

Maka and Leelu like this.
  5. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Welcome DrBeer. :)

It is just as Dreamo said normal chat is just short range communication.

On weekends you will probably find more avatars running around. As we are pre wipe there are just some thousands at a max actively testing. Most people are waiting till final wipe on July 28.
    But at least running into a mayor town like Owl’s Head or Brittany you should see some other avatars even in the midst of the week. ;)

6. DrBeer

DrBeer Avatar

Thanks great information. Then i got time to learn it all over time.

7. Acred

Acred Avatar

Welcome to SotA, DrBeer!

Maka, Leelu, Mata and 1 other person like this.
  8. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

in my humble opinion, if they dont recreate the carnival like atmosphere as they had in uo, then this game will tank. as much as I like single player because of resources, whats the point of calling yourself a MMO if you not going to moderate the population. The truth is they dont want to spend there time forming a counsel for debating in-game player behavior. This is why they stopped in Uo, apparently it was overwhelming . . And because you have to lead by example, that invites to much sincerity and integrity. why, because you have to be transparent and even handed. so, they think the problem is solved by installing single player mode. my2 pence.

9. Thadeus Crook

Thadeus Crook Avatar

It's great to have you here!

Mata and Leelu like this.
  10. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Its a really big world and we are spread thin.

Mata, Maka and Leelu like this.
  11. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I want to offer you a welcome. I think @Kara Brae explained everything quite well.

It looks like there are currently 60,142 paid backers. The game is supposed to have a proper launch in December with retail sales. I've been predicting 100,000 players at launch with retail sales. But I think these pre-releases might only have 1% of that (1,000) players right now.

That being said, check the event calendar. It is easy to meet up with other players and there is a great community in game right now.

Moiseyev Trueden, Mata and Maka like this.
  12. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

I honestly believe we may be at less than 1% logging in currently. For instance, I haven't even logged in this release due to (1) school, (2) work, and (3) I hear the targeting system, as mentioned by others, is rather rough. I also hear there's a quite annoying memory leak at the moment which I am confident Port is working to fix!

To encourage you, @DrBeer, I believe we will see that rush of population you're desiring once we have our final wipe on July 28th. Only about two months and change left!

Mata, Ice Queen and Maka like this.
  13. Maka

Maka Avatar

Welcome to Sota! Some of us are at work. :(

Much rather be hanging with the peeps is Novia today. Either way hope to meet you in game soon.:D

Mata and Ice Queen like this.
  14. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

You may want to check to see if you are logged in in multiplayer online mode and not single player online. I usually run into people often when out wandering around.

15. Maka

Maka Avatar

Speaking of meeting people.. Where's the kobold designed aether coffee pot and mug set for the add on store? I'd open a coffee shop and change less than the cost of a worm for a cup. ;)

LordBlackthorne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.