Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

List of items that need addressing...

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by SabeSr, May 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

First half is copied from other post in other forum... should have been posted in here. Second half is more stuff... I'll add to list as I fill up more sticky notes. :)

BTW I'm NOT looking for REPLIES from other players or even from Dev's... this is for them to read as feeback only... in other words I really don't care what the rest of the community thinks, these are my opinions on what needs changing and fixing.
    -------

My summoned pet/elemental keeps standing in way of looting corpses is there a way you can push where it stand in perspective to our avatar out a few feet.

Can't summon a water elemental when standing in shallow water, didn't try any others yet but I will now I think of it... thought it ironic. And yes I know we can't cast spells when swimming I wasn't just standing on shore... took step out of water and was able to summon and it stays if you move into water.

Can't see in dark tunnels when you're a ghost... had hard time moving down halls in Ravensmoor ruins to get back to the Ankh to resurrect.

Need loot text... so I can see what I just looted in a hurry without looking (was in a hurry to get away from Lich-lord!!! hahaha probably should make it so you can't loot his chest until you kill him... but I guess that would spoil it for sneaky thieves being able to sneak in and steal his dragonbone throne! (wasn't easy dragging that throne weighing 50 lbs all the way home... but I got it!)

Would be nice to have a few more rows of hotkeys we could load with non combat actions... ones we could shift to sides of screen. So we could have like one full hotkey bar for maps... I just feel so empty with easy access to items. I'd have another bar with scrolls like recall and teleport. Its a pain in the butt opening inventory or skills menu then dragging into noncombat bar then clicking then dragging other item that was first there back onto hotkey bar. Its a pain... please add additional hotkey bars... you can still leave us cripples with the limited combat bar (which I think is the dumbest thing you guys have done with this game, I want to play the game not you're 'really cool and innovative combat **** system... oops I meant deck...maybe... I will refrain from going in depth about how crippling it is for magic users in the game... compared to others.)

Also there's a bug with swapping decks while in combat mode... number keys don't work unless you run away reset out of combat mode once you've lost agro then back into combat mode for number keys to work again.

Can you put the amount of xp a kill gives in text window if we want it... not sure why you took it out.

Stacking in bank, if the amount of different items I'm trying to move to bank exceeds remaining slots open we can't move them over even though when they get into bank they stack.

Also things aren't stacking properly into my inventory, can you just add a "stack" button... preferably only for the item presently highlighted in case there are other items I don't want stacked.

Can you add another tab to inventory and add a "filter out" option... my list of books being seen all the time is annoying would be nice if I could filter OUT a certain item type... and make it a savable option that remembers what I filtered out... being able to filter out several types of items would be cool. Yes I'm well aware that I can filter by word. Filter OUT by word or type would be helpful.

It would be cool if we could hire a wagon shipment to transfer items from a bank in one town to a bank in another... so I could have all my ores shipped to a better town for processing ores and crafting blacksmith items... or I could ship all my wood from one bank to another that has better carpentry crafting options.

When harvesting nodes like ore and tree's and cotton bushes and etc., they can only be harvested from one compass point... sometimes I have to walk a circle around it before it reaches that point when it starts to harvest... harvesting should be done when you get within range of the node regardless of which side of it you're standing on... I've noticed a few ore nodes that are impossible to mine because apparently when the node was placed its access compass point was inside the rock wall surrounding the node and I was unable to get my avatar inside the rock in order to reach the compass point of the node for harvesting.

I've been in chat mode with some NPC's and they walk away during conversation... making me have to find them run up to them again and repeat what I said to them... please make npc's stand still if I am engaged in chat mode with them.

Can we put gold in the bank please... thank you.

Text color for the enemies hitting us... would help if it showed the name in red to make it easier to watch text showing incoming damage... also our pets should have a unique color in text as well (also pet health bar on screen should be green or yellow to make it easier to watch their health while clustered in with mobs health bars)

menu's in crafting screen too small for our inventory especially when we have a lot in our inventory list... preferably it shouldn't show items from inventory that can't be used at that crafting station. would be great if we could customize sizes of the various menu's within the crafting screen to our personal taste.

toggle option to shut off the tool tip popup where cursor is... annoying when in combat

crafting table or inventory, filter options besides just using word... filter by item type would be great, even filter by crafting type... filter on or off... multiple filters

can't cancel multi crafting once begun, should be able to hit escape or something to cancel

group option to split ore's or other resources we may be in a gathering group... would be cool to have

can't seem to cast heal on people I run by and see need help... only works if you're in a group with them

can't seem to get resurrect to work even in group with someone keeps saying invalid target type

mail system would be great...

global chat? oh please why hasn't this been done yet I asked several times well over a year ago... (maybe been two years now?) its TESTING phase of game there really aren't that many people playing at any one time... give us a global chat option... it would bring us closer together :) (group hugs)

targeting system sucks... I zoom out but in order to keep my targeting cross-hair on target I almost have to view from straight above and look down at ground to get the thing I'm attacking to see its health bar in HUD... personally don't like first person perspective in a game.

------------- new stuff

could use a way to find your dead pet in case you had to run when it was dying, can't dismiss dead pet?

heal pet spell heals people too and raise's pet taming skills by healing self or others, wait before fixing so I can max out my taming skills wicked easily thnx

journal knowledge section needs to have a "most recent first" option maybe some way to sort by key words?

need to be able to link things, crafted items, characters, creatures, cities, map locations into chat and be able to click links and get detailed information and even add your own notes

Dig in spell the timer that shows top left hud doesn't show the time remaining timer ticking down

charm animal makes them immune to any attacks and heal back up quickly, they shouldn't

I've been trying to find invisible creatures can't so I cast vanish on my pet then try casting Reveal Hidden "sun" spell, it reveals the pet but doesn't raise the skill any... need to get that spell trained in order to get the summoned phoenix spell... otherwise I'd probably not care all that much lol

The guard at bank in Brekken Bay stands in way of door on inside all the time, he complains when you walk into him, he's the one standing still and in the way.

------ edit for additions 5/13/16----

Pet "patrol" option and have them circle you about 5-10' away?

Fishing... I've been trying to fish in the nodes (splashing fish spots) but notice very little difference between them and anywhere... % in order of casting with about 25 skill... 41% then 28% 26% 42% 26% 21% 15% 11% 9% 7%... and didn't catch anything... casting at another node 43 24 14 11 9 7 4 and then last cast <1% no catches... I gave up with nodes and just cast and caught a few trout and a pair of leather boots... although I haven't got a 40+% outside a node the % dropped on each catch to single digits until I moved to different spot. I know its a work in progress... but at least let me catch some fishies!!!

------

It would be great if we could get fishing nets and crab traps that we could set up off the sides of our boat houses or boats similar to the planting beds for growing crops... leave them for a day and check them for catch.

Also would like to see fishing nodes inside PRT and NPC towns...

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  2. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

Can we add to your list? Thank you for posting this as I have run into many of the same and just thought they were part of the game.

!: Unable to harvest another node if the last node window is still open. This is for field dressing when you have a pile of wolves around you, and you just cant click on the next one. You can loot multiple corpses.

Time Lord and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  3. Maka

Maka Avatar

@SabeSr love the hire a wagon idea. Great post.

4. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Feel free too add anything... Just avoid the discussions... list your opinions of what needs fixing

Need a "water all" for watering plants in flower beds... or at least all within 5' radius or something.

5. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Great Post and some very good ideas, needs numbered bullets please.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I love the pet but they need it to stand on the side instead of in front of and make it not stands on monsters or on corpses.

Time Lord and agra like this.
  7. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Seems there is a bug causing camera angle to shoot looking straight up in the air when activating a skill or spell regardless of whether using number key or mouse to click hotkey bar on screen... doesn't matter if its a melee or spell happens with many different ones.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

I have the wild flying camera, but it is due to the lag spike every five seconds. If I am moving the mouse in free target mode and the lag spike hits, I am pointed at the sky.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Talking about 'need fixing' and 'opinion' and 'no discussion' and of course 'i want no replies' is just.... LoL.

10. Net

Net Avatar

I have to agree. I can understand 'no discussion' rule if each issue has a link to thread where it can be discussed and this thread acts just as the summary.

11. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Dead pets should not be dismisable, once they are dead they are gone if not ressurected. If not then there will be very little marketing behind pets and taming (a player driven market for pets is why they do this)

You can cancel multicrafting by hitting escape. Atm you have to spam it.

Your complaints about the targeting system are being adressed.

Global chat removes the needfor people to come together and they want to promote a more immersive social experience, so currently they have no intention of implimenting it.

Many of your issues are bugs or incomplete features, and i would like to see transport contracts where you can hire other people to move things for you for a price

12. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

If you want to discuss comments start your own thread. Discussions only lead to arguments about what is desired. I'm here to provide my feedback on what I see and think not what you do.

Now as I continue the fishing testing...

I'm not sure how the drop in % each cast is being handled but even if I change casting spots it stays on its drop rate. It appears to be a timer started from the initial cast.

Node doesn't disappear when % has dropped to <1%

It would be difficult to train fishing on a nonstop basis.

Nice to know there are fishing nodes inside NPC towns found a few in Jaanaford.

--------------edit after an hour

Noticed there are fish swimming around over by the dock/hut but none under the fishing node... would suggest putting schools under nodes just as an added effect.

Also notice little difference in % to catch casting into a node vs not into one

---------ok fishing falling more in line, just took some patience and persistance. Although I think the drop to % seems too quick, its feeling like real life fishing lol

Last edited: May 14, 2016
    Time Lord and Chatele like this.
  13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Each area of water is a relatively large square that has a seperate fishing % and moving to the next square on the grid should give you a new "node" to fish. Once a particular area is fished up, it remains that way for any player that comes to fish it in the same instance.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

When fishing and reeling in the line it's impossible to move, if I'm under attack and need to move quickly I want to... honestly I'd throw the fishing pole to the ground not keep reeling it in... if you want to break the pole by my doing so fine but don't freeze me in place until its fully reeled in.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Filter by "mats on hand" for crafting recipe's... our recipe lists get long... would be nice to sort that way

Rusty axe salvages at carpentry table gives metal salvage?

shouldn't have to water plants after planting since we use water when planting... wait a day to require it

Should have some high level magic crafting items only produce-able on Full Moons to limit the quantity in game...

Mailbox on our houses so people can post a note to us, "hey can I rent your crafting tables" etc.,

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Celestial events involving position of the planets, moon, and the constellations are intended to eventually have an effect on crafting, among other things. I suspect having certain attributes attainable at certain alignments will be part of this.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.