I need a guide to Taming

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Quenton, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnick Gnack

Gnick Gnack Avatar

2. Gnick Gnack

Gnick Gnack Avatar

i think they made a change to the horses i have to do some checking

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    KFC likes this.
  3. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

What amazes me most is how we can get such detailed responses about taming yet people don't think about it when they say "equip taming whistle" that its quit possible people dont know where to BUY the whistle in first place... oh then "just make one" ummm yeah... where is the vendor with the taming whistle recipe!!!!! and wait what about the whistle recipe! and collar recipe! and taming collar recipe!!!

So if I paraphrase it better... could someone explain where to get recipe for the items... I can figure out the rest, thanks

4. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Thanks @Daxxe Diggler !
    :) found it! Try an Ardoris crafting merchant?

5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

This is from Sotacraft.com

[​IMG]

losludvig, Mata, Gnick Gnack and 2 others like this.
  6. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

This is SPOT ON. To anyone saying taming isn't complicated, here's the problem.

Even once you have the recipes (thanks Roycestein), you still have to gather the metal bindings, the straps, the leather, the curing salt, the silver ingots, the wooden pole, and whatever other tools you need to mix them up - and I'm not talking about just going to get them out of the bank, or buying them from another player, because they have to get into the bank or onto the player vendor somehow. That is an incredibly complicated process to go through just to get started in taming.

That is the equivalent to having to perform rituals in magic. The kind of rituals I'd expect to do at milestones in a game, not routinely.

losludvig, agra and Fister Magee like this.
  7. Gnick Gnack

Gnick Gnack Avatar

that is just to get started, the mobs inturupt you while you are trying to tame, root used to hold them, but they keep breaking it. No one expects root to hold a dragon but when root last 8 seconds on a spider when you have root up to 62, with earth attunement at 60, and a strength of 79..... come on!!!! that is just being an a**hat.
    Gnick Gnack

agra, Fister Magee and Spoon like this.
  8. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Is root even meant to be a must-have for taming? Maybe there needs to be some sort of "snare" ability in the taming tree, right up the top. (maybe there already is, I'm not familiar with it, but considering everyone prefers root, I doubt it)

deonast and Dirk Hammerstrike like this.
  9. higginss

higginss Avatar

Can somebody tell me where to find silver. Graff Gem Mines seem to be depleted... :(

10. Gnick Gnack

Gnick Gnack Avatar

hilt fortress in nightshade pass has the best silver, verdantis mine has some also but not as good as hilt

11. Gnick Gnack

Gnick Gnack Avatar

Without a way to stop the mobs from attacking you, you stand little chance of taming it. some people have a second person run around the mob disstracting it while you tame, i hate that method. some say stun from sun tree works but i have yet to see it work, the moon tree also has a "stun" but again i have yet to see it work either. currently even stacking root multiple times has no effect on the duration of the root. Last release i could stack 4 roots and hold the Furocious Red Spider long enough to get a tame off. t sucks haveing to wait for the stack to build up, and with a 1% chance to tame it at 120 taming, you can plan on being there a very long time. I do not know if Root is working as intended or if it needs to be fixed, but they need to look at it. Even a 5 stack of lighting will stun it long enough, if you are invested in air enough.

Gnick Gnack

thoregundi and Fister Magee like this.
  12. Thore Gundi

Thore Gundi Avatar

13. deonast

deonast Avatar

Interesting to see the progression in the game. I see many arguing that the taming collar is only used up on successful taming. Well I wish that was the case, currently it is used up on each, attempt success or failure yes there is the innate skill for collar recovery, but I'm still a long way off before I can learn that one and burning my resources on collars that I had to do a lot of grinding to get silver for.

14. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

"Access denied" on everything once registered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.