Once again game stoped on acount of darkness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brigit, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

It would be nice if the game had a brightness/gamma slider as well.

Acred and Time Lord like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I often find the game to be too light. I believe darkness should be dark and have meaning. I hope it continues to work this way and we don't revert back to darkness being meaningless.

As an alternative to fighting this no win battle between player expectations, perhaps the development team should consider a fog of war type mechanic to simulate darkness?

3. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

lol that night vision spell...right. I find it horrible, worse than the darkness. Yeah I use the light spell but it is still pretty meh. Anyway, I will delve into my video card settings and see if I can increase the brightness.

And to the guy who cried the game is already to easy...eyesight is a human attribute that is not equal from person to person. I do not see the problem in allowing for more variability in the level of darkness for those of us with sub par eyesight.

Mata and Budner like this.
  4. Maka

Maka Avatar

I definitely feel like there is a problem with the lighting. I've been looting candles from taverns and placed at least 20 and still needed my light spell to really see anything. Also I feel like with the light spell active it washes out colors.. I'll try and get some screen shots tonight.

5. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

I do think this is a bad solution to a easy fix. The game is to dark for many.

We should not have to change our computer setting to use one program/game, and then back again to use everything else. We need the option in game to change how dark or light it is.

smack, Berek, Mata and 2 others like this.
  6. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

And disable the choice in PvP or people will complain "unfair advantage" ad nauseum.

Budner likes this.
  7. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We agree, it's just a stop gap and general area of awareness until we can further tweak the in-game settings themselves.

Acred likes this.
  8. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

It does have a brigtness slider, not only that but a Saturation slider.
    Personaly I love the darkness level of the nights and dungeons, makes it so much more atmospheric, and I think its just rightm but I liked the dark nights in Mortal Online, Rust, Miscreated etc .
    I wouldnt mind / tbh could be a good thing if darkness levels were tweaked on the world map and also external scenes, just please keep it pitch black in dungeons etc, thats perfect.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    Montaigne and NRaas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.