1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Final Wipe and Lot Selection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Womby

Womby Avatar

Click on "About" at the top of sotamap.com

There is an option under "Contact" to send a message.

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I try to use "gaming the system" whenever my brain works, however I regularly make the same mistake since it is the more common term and the correct use outside of gaming. It has no direct negative conotation.

I've also seen "rulesploiting" but that is usually more oldschool PnP RPG, or "min/max the system" if one is a wargamer.

3. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Actually when you log in, under your name there is "My Towns", click that and you will find a list of all known towns... If it is unclaimed there will be a Buy button behind it.
    If you want to delegate others (Like I have been for some Phoenix Republic towns), you will have to contact @Jakub White with the account name and town name (you must already own it!) through the website contact form.
    The price to "claim" your town is $10 and goes towards maintenance and fees for SotaMap.com (@Jakub White recently lowered the price and even refunded the difference to those that already paid the higher price)

If your town is not in the list, you can even add it from the same list interface, and place it on the map after you "claimed" it...

PS: IDK whether @Jakub White has anyone helping him maintain the NPC/PRT towns, but even those (as well as things like controlpoints) are mapped in!

Last edited: May 16, 2016
    Acred, Katrina Bekers and Kara Brae like this.
  4. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I would love to see Brittany done :)

Balandar likes this.
  5. Vasflam2

Vasflam2 Avatar

Well, I do not disagree with this change but I will say that it is coming a bit late. We held an in person guild meeting with lots of grilled meats in order to catch everyone up on the land rush rules. This trivializes our efforts and forces us to re-evaluate our attack plan.

Hopefully the other "Big Change" is to make it so that plot deeds are restricted only to their type. (ie: Village deed can only be used on village lots, not Row)

fantalio likes this.
  6. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

They've flip-flopped on that subject a few times, but I believe they're now pretty solidly in the "use any deed equal to or greater than the lot-size" camp... (IOW: Yes, a LOTM can claim a village lot in a prime location with his LOTM deed)

7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The rules are very simple:
    • Beginning with the start of your allotted time, you can claim 1 lot using any deed you own.
    • All other deeds you own may be used after the beginning of Group 91.
    • Deeds are to be locked to accounts, and cannot be traded for the duration of Release 32.
    That's it.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  8. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I like how they are dealing with this. Prevents whales from placing tons of deeds in their time frame, and other people who have maybe only pledged Edelman can still get a nice place too.

9. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

That's a whale of a tale... Since the so called whales could only place one lot in their slot just like every one else... Even if they traded twenty lots to their account, they could only place one... The rest have always had to wait until the end of the rush. So this rule change really didn't change anything.

10. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Never said anything else. Whales were complaining though they couldnt do that.

11. Alton Brown

Alton Brown Avatar

What are the odds the affluent get what they paid for? Pretty good because that is what pays for games like this? #captainobvious

12. Evenios

Evenios Avatar

im a bit bummed since i am a lowly ancestor backer which i have to wait till August 23rd!!!!! zomgs likely that means all the "good spots" will be taken by then "sad face". but i guess if its one of the perks of the higher tiers /pledges then i guess its fair..... so i guess that means that we cannot place a lot or use player housing at all until our time which we are allowed to chose a lot eh? oh well at least i avoid the land rush lol..

what happens if i upgrade to the Edelmann package before these pledge packages go poof? will i thus ben bumped up to August 12th? and i was a bit confused about the wording a while back about the extra houses , as i know some of the features were expired in some of the packages. like getting all the houses in between tiers if you upgrade.......... i assume though i would still have the 2 story row house that is included in ancestor if i upgraded to Edelmann i assume would also get the house that comes with it and the 1 story village basement . but not the previous houses between the two tiers anymore?

would i both the rent free row deed AND the rent free village deed since i already have the ancestor package or would the rent free row deed go poof?

thanks!

13. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

You can upgrade the pledge to bump up your selection lot. However, they're supposed to fix the bug that give you extra lot deed. Instead your current deed will be upgraded from row to village. As a side effect of this restriction, lot deed cannot be traded between avatars until the lot selection is over.

14. Evenios

Evenios Avatar

ok. thanks. do you still get some of the stuffs from the previous ranks like Dev+ forum access or has that gone poof now too?

15. Roycestein Kaelstrom

All the stuff that you already received from your previous pledges that weren't from bugs should still be there for you (except the lot deed and the houses if you don't qualify for the stacked houses).

16. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

I think the devs deserve a thank you for trying to balance the game out over time. The land rush is a great example of their efforts; refinement over time balancing the needs of the players (new and existing) and game playability in harmony. This game is an experiment, and the results are beautiful to my eyes.

17. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

I apologize if this has already been covered, but when will available lots be finalized in game so we know exactly what we have to choose from once the final wipe hits?

Astor Cerberus likes this.
  18. Sierra

Sierra Avatar

This is hard, my slot is the first day when I have no access to my computer for a week... REALLY great. *annoyed*

Hazard and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  19. Roycestein Kaelstrom

At the minimum, the dev guarantees that there will be at least one-to-one lots to deeds match up from all NPC/PRT towns combined. IIRC, there will be 30% cushion as well ( or is that only for available in-game lot deeds?). So it is very unlikely that you have a lot deed, but have no lot to claim with it, and have to fall back to POT.

What they can't guarantee would be having a lot by the entrance of the heavy traffic towns for everyone.

20. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is a big reason why we're phasing in the placement event, so that we can ensure to the best of our ability the fairness of claiming a lot from a deed you purchased.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.