What are our Crafting Player's dispositions to PvP wars?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Time Lord, May 19, 2016.

?

What are our Crafting Player's dispositions to PvP wars?

1. I am a dedicated crafter that would gladly offer my wears for free or bartered trade.

2. I am a dedicated crafting player seeking a loyal PvPer for mutual services.

3. I am a crafter/warrior who is looking for some excitement through great PvP players.

4. I a dedicated crafter just hoping someone visits my vendor.

5. I am a didicated crafter, let me freely serve you, you freely serve me in bonded friendship

6. I'm a crafter looking for a crafting guild...

7. I'm a solo crafter, I will probibly be quite average, yet willing to bond a PvP friendship.

8. I am a dedicated crafting player only seeking common commerce.

9. I'm a crafter of probible common skills, show me the war and I'll bring the stuff.

10. I'm a crafter and I really don't care, I just wanted to see all the votes...

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~What are our Crafting Player's dispositions to PvP wars?~o_O

You can choose as many answers above as you like, yet you cannot change your answers once voted.
    All information is only viewable once you have voted, with those votes counted by publicly visible name.

Such information is well needed by all Crafting Leaders and Players for our best outcome within our wars, PvP organizational event planning and hopefully a much better understanding by Portalarium of what may be best possibly needed, when, where and what could be possible for them to make ready when our world goes constant.

We all should know by now that at some point within our game's future history there will come places where rich nodes of crafting wealth will be designated by meteor strike or other obstacles of confinement within PvP only areas.

Such things as this bring the human obstacles of active PvP guilds most likely hunting you whenever you are entering into such areas, so it becomes a vital thing for PvP guilds to know about who their friends are and who are the rabbits for their prey.

With all the above considered, it may pay handsomely for those of our crafters to actively seek out which PvP guilds to better do business with, where one hand can well shake the other.

PvP Guilds are also the one source to go to, or have come to you for any special node shopping trips into these areas, because PvP Guilds tend to have the very finest PvP Players.

It always helps when dedicated craftsman know and can rely upon any great PvP player as friend, as well as those PvPers coming to know you as friend for both your mutual benefits. One wants to remain crating to GM, while the other wishes to remain fighting to GM, thus great long lasting relationships become realities, each benefiting from knowing the other. It's also most likely that these PvP players will be gathering from special nodes from which you may not have the ability to get to, which means some free bartered trade for services rendered or freely donated.

What is much less likely, is that any PvE/crafter or PvP/crafter will ever become the finest in their field without much time passing by, along with dedicated crafters and dedicated PvPers passing them by with their more concentrated gaming style.

This is a thread to help you to get to better get to know your finest wished for customers;
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...re-our-pvp-players-disposition-to-wars.51137/

It pays to know them, and it pays them to know you!
    Remember;
    You can choose as many answers above as you like, yet you cannot change your answers once voted.
    All information is only viewable once you have voted, with those votes counted by publicly visible name.

Here's your chance to get to know them and them to know you...

~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Numa, Leelu, Vyrin and 2 others like this.
  2. Acred

Acred Avatar

I'm keeping my finger on the crafting pulse. I think it will be beating strongly after Thursday brings R30.

This is an interesting view of things to come, @Time Lord , so I will be watching this thread and poll, too.

Leelu, Doctor and Time Lord like this.
  3. Womby

Womby Avatar

Everything is changing so much it's hard to know what the future will bring. For example, will they finally reduce resource availability in Shardfalls for those in Single Player Online? Will they make more resource areas PVP?

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

How about the option , I am a crafter and will do very well without PvP players.

No one should have to, or be forced to, rely on a PvP player for anything other than a good fight.

BTW saying I have resources if you want to go get them you have to pay me . . . is extortion :)

If players are "forced" to deal with PvP players, . . . .

5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Our Banding Together in Fellowship~
    "We Truly Don't Know What Our Future Will Bring"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ~Thus Our Good Fellowships are Created~
    Some may come to play in our SOTA for money...
    While others come for personal challenges...

Yet it's Fellowships that are most fun...
    Old Fellowships are the most trusted ones...
    And Old Fellowships always begin in the now...
    Accepting someone for their character may seem difficult...

~Until our difficulties arrive~

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    Leelu and Acred like this.
  6. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

We where a PvP crafting guild of over 200 players eager to play SoTA. We have our own webpage and forum and huge plans, 80% of us have pledged citizen or higher.

But the more and more that was reviled about crafting the more and more lost interest in the game and now there is less of over 200 players left that want to play SoTA. This is due to that devs have more or less killed the whole idea about a good PvP Crafting enviremoent and to be honest ridiculous ideas of how receptaries work.

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I remember in one of the UO free shards I played, they were at the point where there was only this one guy who supplied gear fast enough, so everyone was buying his gear even his guild's enemies. So when I looted someone I killed, all his stuff was bought from this same guy.

And that's the virtual "Lord of War".

Numa, Leelu, Acred and 1 other person like this.
  8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Make crafters meaningful in PvP wars.

Create a PvP scene with broken towers, barricades and keeps where crafters can rebuild these fortifications and siege weapons in top.
    Then allow us to break such down as well.

Create PvP scenes where one can invest crafter time in building a resource gathering operation (mine, mill, crops, etc). Which one can defend and conquer.

That way a skilled crafter could be a deciding factor in wars and attrition.

9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~YES to This, I have Seen the Light!~
    [​IMG]

I have been becoming concerned that our crafters and crafting skills are not going to be able to enrich or find enrichment from any wars we could have, "because we have a ransom system that does not allow for full looting", which helps stimulate economies like UO, or have a chance to support our wars or battles.

Leelu likes this.
  10. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I think that people that want to just pvp should have avenues to obtain gear without having to PvE for gold/materials if they want to. For crafting, if someone has the mats, I'd gladly craft their items for free, I wouldn't accept tips.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
    Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  11. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~What Does JC Pennies Have to Do With PvP and Crafting~:confused::confused:??
    I think there's some logic in getting crafting materials through the dropped items we get in PvE, but I think there's also 2 different player styles with differing desires.

But I think this video points to our PvP disconnect when it comes to the 2 different types of gaming consumer.

Sometimes I'll hoard crafting items after hunting, while at other times, I'm just wanting to sell everything to an NPC vendor with an easy cash out.
    Anyway... it's something to think about. Does JC Pennies marketing failure have any connection to our dissatisfied pvp consumer when we are competing while killing each other? I base my "yes" answer to this in the same way as when we hear any old UO PK talk about how "full loot" is the way to go. The crafter wants crafting materials, while the pvper desires an instant gratifying reward.

There's another important thing to keep in mind while watching the video;
    Could our crafting and other drops from monsters profit us more, if those drops were attached to the planets in our sky, which could operate in just the same way as the "being on sale" effects modern real life consumers. Would it "fell better" if our drops were increased with the passing of the right planet in the sky if we as players timed our hunting times accordingly? I personally think that I would be much more motivated to stay out longer during a "planetary sales event" when the drops are larger, or feel more in a hurry to get out there in time to catch such a "sale/aka increase in different drop yields". Either way, "timing creates excitement" and I think that any way we can increase that excitement is a good thing to have in our game.

It's really worth a listen and is about gaming... "enjoy the video"...
    (I began listening to this series as a way to better understand gaming motives and gaming in general)
    The OP here is all about how crafting can effect our PvP and how PvP effects our crafting economy.

I know that's allot of hidden gaming psychology to think about here...
    But what do you think o_O?'

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.