Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I dont want to lose what i paid for !

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Gurney2, May 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

I understand the reasons why theres a new durability system BUT i dont want to lose the items i paid : the Equipment that comes with the pledges, the stretch goals (weapons and armors), rewards (like the snow cape, gossamer cloak , ect...) and add-on store items (like LB's cloak); with the new system i will need to have a lot of luck (to find the crowns) or i will need to buy (with real money ) crowns just to maintain them!

So, those items cannot be upgraded (enchanted), make them unbreakable, unstealable and unlootable please.

2. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Its an over sight, any items that were bought w/cash wont need crowns. Not sure if theyre gonna make em indestructible, or just not need crowns to rep. Either way it's getting fixed.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think that add-on store and pledge items should not loose maximum durability.

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I saw Starr said they will be addressing pledge items and durability in R31. They are already unlootable.

5. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

After the wipe, you can reclaim all the stuff, so hopefully they fix it before then... My crafters cloak is going downhill fast... I guess cuz I run a lot...

6. Xander Xavier

Xander Xavier Avatar

I am surprised and a little disappointed Portalarium overlooked something as important as this. I hear rumor they are not going to fix this until next release. Really folks... this is a no brainer, just use the same coding for our rewarded items not breaking as you use for our artisan and prosperity tools. Do this next patch. If you want to make them need repair at some point figure it out later. Another option would be to apply the same coding to reward items as you did to engraved toole in R29, one kit fixes the item to 100%.

XX

7. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Anything bought with real money should never ever need repairing period, I never would have spent the money on it IF I knew it would lose durability and repairing of any kind. Would have just crafted the dang stuff instead.... and if I couldn't craft it, then I wouldn't buy it, if it had the same penalties as other in game stuff. .... just saying ....

8. losludvig

losludvig Avatar

While it would be nice to have the fix yesterday, in the long run it matters very little as the servers will be wiped once more.

As for your claim of it being an easy fix: If it really was an easy fix don't you think it would be fixed in a hotfix compared to R31? Unless you have access to (and full understanding of) the full source code it is literally impossible to gauge how easy or hard an issue is to fix

Hornpipe, Quenton and Nhili Dragon like this.
  9. Matheryn

Matheryn Avatar

I can understand people don't like losing things but nothing lasts forever - the food in my pantry is going to be gone eventually - the clothes in my wardrobe will eventually wear and be thrown out - even my computer will eventually become obsolete and need upgrading so ingame items should be the same weither we pay for them or not - how they address max durability repairs should be the main concern here as I am all for fixing max durability but don't make it too easy or too hard or a cash shop fix.

I understand this post is not going to be very well liked and I understand that though I do feel this post does hold some merit

Quenton likes this.
  10. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

So many useless tears on the forums lately.

11. losludvig

losludvig Avatar

The issue with store purchases is that pretty much all of them were made at a time where items were permanent, so having paid for something you assumed was a permanent cosmetic item now turns out (by error luckily) to be a limited duration item.
    Imagine you bought a windows 10 licence after trying the beta for it. 2 months before the new windows version launches, microsoft tells you that what you thought was a permanent licence for windows 10 can now only be used for 6 months.

12. Matheryn

Matheryn Avatar

oh I absolutely agree with you there if it was advertised as perminant or unbreakable then it should be given as such but otherwise if not advertised as such then my post is what I ment

Hornpipe and Quenton like this.
  13. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

Well the new durability system is implemented to stimulate the economy (the in-game economy) for CRAFTED items , i dont see the point to apply it to non crafted items (rewards, pledge items, add-on store items, stretch goal items).

14. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

True, that's why I play fantasy games, where things don't wear out fast, (very slow deterioration) nor do they break forever. I play to get away from real life hassles and to actually have fun. I don't like the idea of a RARE drop, that I would need to repair my stuff, and AGAIN let me stress the stuff I paid real money for should be OFF LIMITS for decaying, breaking, or looting period. If they want to add that to future certain things being sold, then fine, make sure you state that it will wear over time, but not the STUFF already bought. just saying :rolleyes:

15. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

If I buy a cheap hammer or even get free at Home Depot sales event I understand if it wears out quickly or breaks sooner then if I were to spend $50 on a quality brand name hammer that lasts decades and wont' break no matter how much I use or smash things with it...

I would say that the benefactor reward items should have 10x the durability as crafted items. Maybe never lose max durability and be able to get repaired.

I can't use my benefactor cloak or halberd anymore, they are broken and unable to be repaired.

Nhili Dragon and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  16. Nick

Nick Avatar

Not sure if it has been brought up before, any idea what happens to crystal sword after it shatters? Repairable or destroyed?

17. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

The whole point of a crystal sword is to be a 1-time use. so it should never be repairable, though you should still be able to use the shattered sword as a decoration. (hopefully it will hold the name of what it killed - but that's just my thought).

| Grave |, Nick, smack and 1 other person like this.
  18. TEK1

TEK1 Avatar

There is plenty of entitlement games out there that offer no risk to players. That doesn't mean that SotA has to be one, especially the whole point was to not be one of those games.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  19. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Entitlement, schmittlement. Any reward item from a pledge should never see it's max durability decay. I can see buying repair kits to help the economy. Let's get one thing straight Max durability decay will not help the economy ONE BIT when it comes to high-end top of the line items. I will not repurchase any armor or weapon that costs 10s of thousands of in-game gold. Simply not going to happen when I can a) rarely use it and b) Pay a few bucks to repair it.

The current system will push people to use MOB drops, not foster a healthy player economy. Not until the crafters can begin to keep up with demand which will be nigh impossible with the current building requirements and paper durability of the resulting high-end equipment that barely grants enough of a bonus to make it more than a novelty item anyway.

@Berek I say this as a Knight pledge: Our cloaks, outfits, Sword of Ba`heer and other pledge rewards best stop losing max durability come July 28th or the targeting redesign outcry will likely be viewed as but a minor ruffling of feathers. I'm pretty sure this was already addressed, but I can't seem to find anything. My understanding was that these items would not lose durability.

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I don't mind if the pledge items need to be repaired with a repair kit but max durability should never decrease. They are not top-end gear. In fact, pledge items are generally inferior to even the lowest crafted items and some items, like bows, don't even do as much damage as NPC gear.

We'll see how everything plays out but as difficult and costly as it is to craft the "good stuff", and seeing how rare obsidian crowns are, I imagine that people won't be purchasing or using the "good stuff" (just like UO).

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Bluefire, Dariog and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.