Banking - not global?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Josh Randall, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

I notice when I bank an item in let's say Aerie, I can see my items when I go to Etceter (is that the name minotaur area?) but I am unable to withdraw any items.

Am I missing something or not doing it correctly?

It appears I have to find a "home town" kinda place and stay there or get used to traveling town to town to get items out of my bank?

Thanks as always in advance

Leelu likes this.
  2. warxnox

warxnox Avatar

Banks are local, except for pledge items.

Leelu and Josh Randall2 like this.
  3. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

These are your options.
    Alternatively you could always lug everything with you :)

4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

There is not a universal banking system. Banks are local to each town. Eventually there may be a way to move items from one bank to another automatically, but this would not be instant and the bank would charge a fee based on the amount and how much the stuff you were moving costs (presumably).

This was done to help support the regional economy model that will making resources rare in different parts of the world.

5. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Only until first take out. After that they are local as every item.

6. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

In bank menu you can see a location drop down. "Rewards" are global and available at all banks until you withdraw them, then they become local like any other item.

The rest of the locations are Banks that contain items. Those Items are local to that bank and can only be withdrawn at that bank.
    In the future there is talk of being able to withdraw those items for a fee but that isn't in yet, and not on the high priority list either. (I think they want to get local economies working and stable first before they add things like that)

Another thing to note, although Bank store items locally, their item limits and weight limits are shared globally.
    E.g. If the bank in Owl's head is at 200 of 300 items and contains 200 items, the bank in Aerie is also at 200 of 300 items but contains 0 items.

FYI here is a link to the prices of the first 30 upgrades (300 bank slots) as they costed in R29. I haven't retested if that has changed in R30.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/homelessness.51029/page-2#post-558474

I know that something has changed in this area, it will still cost me 76k to upgrade my bank again, but I currently have 1220 bank slots instead of 500 + 300 = 800, so either they changed the progression, changed base number of slots, changed number of slots per upgrade, or there is a bug that when you delete your character you get more bank slots.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  7. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

That was actually my next question - not global but limits are global - sheesh :(

Anvar, Roycestein Kaelstrom and Leelu like this.
  8. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

The "local" banking system is supposed to help stimulate regional economies.

They intend to control what kinds of resources spawn in certain areas so that collecting them in one area is not really easy to transport to another area... thereby creating a supply/demand type of system.

If banks were global, you could deposit all your ore in one, then travel to an area where that resource is low in supply, and then withdraw it out of the bank. With "local" banking only, you need to physically carry those resources now. And you can't teleport when encumbered, so although you can do that, it won't be one jump with a large pile of that ore.

I'm not saying this system will work or that it's a good idea. I'm just explaining the theory behind why the banks are this way so you understand it.

Josh Randall2 likes this.
  9. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Yeah, I've pointed out how odd a decision I think this is before. I don't have any issues with local banking but the SotA version seems like another example of an incoherent design choice. Local banking but a global limit? (a limit that starts pretty low for new players too) - Do one or the other, but not both badly.

Xandra7, Josh Randall2, Anvar and 2 others like this.
  10. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I have no issue with regional bank, but I would love the limit to not be global. The vault space in Aerie shouldn't be affected by what I put in Ardoris' vault.

11. Drocis the Devious

That's a very interesting point. But it has to go both ways. Meaning that if you pay for bank space in Aerie, you're not also paying for bank space in Ardoris and every other bank in the world. :)

The way it stands right now, the whole thing is considered ONE banking system. So it's like you're going to the same bank but each town has a different branch of the same tree. So it does make sense from that standpoint.

12. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

IMO - the global limit is too well limiting.

I don't really mind regional/local banks - I can live with that - but only if each bank were in fact different.

I also wouldn't mind if I had to buy extra space in each bank - so if I buy a few extra slots in Aerie and I need extra in Soltown, I would have to purchase the slots for Soltown.

Thank makes sense to me -

I wouldn't even mind terribly (but I would prefer not) not being able to see the items I have in other banks - although I would like to also see a central withdrawl depository somewhere - even if I had to pay a fee to use the depository - just give me access to my stuff! LOL

I tend to be a bit well more than a bit of a pack rat ;)

Fister Magee likes this.
  13. Drocis the Devious

You can see all items in ALL banks at any location.

There is a filter that allows you to sort by bank. You just can't withdraw from any bank but the one you're at.

FrostII and Josh Randall2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.