Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

screen jumping during camera rotation

Discussion in 'Release 30 Bug Forum' started by tonotrigger, May 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hicks_206

Hicks_206 Avatar

The behavior I've noticed occurs in complex scenes often, but also in the overworld. When it occurs, it occurs constantly and every second or two.

A decent example of the severity would be in the Crypt of the Avatar, or the cave on the Shores of Malice - both scenarios had me struggling to control my character. I'd be heading one direction down a cave, and the next moment my character was facing the wall (during a turn). If it helps, I can provide a brief example video?

2. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I just came from the Dysborg Ruins. It happened a lot during the scene. There was also a general stutter with the graphics, in addition to the momentary freezes. It seemed to me that the more time I spent in the scene, the less each became. I did a complete circuit of the scene, visiting almost every building, and a lot of the perimeter. I was near the big gate at the exit of the scene when the game crashed on me. By that time it was fairly smooth. Or maybe I'd gotten used to it. Or maybe it was I was away from a lot of the buildings, and in a fairly open area of the scene. Anyway, I have the output log file, if you're interested.

3. tonotrigger

tonotrigger Avatar

4. Brielle McFerson

Brielle McFerson Avatar

I am experiencing the same issues:

1. Title: Stuttering screen
    2. Reproduction Rate: Entire time I am playing
    3. Blocker? Not sure what a blocker is.
    4. Details: This started happening in with the last patch. I heard there was a performance fix with this one, but I am seeing no difference. No matter where I am, on the world map, NPC town, POT, cave (mining) every 3 seconds the screen freezes/stutters for a second and starting moving again. In caves for mining and with anything that has a tight curve I consistently run into walls, then the camera gets turned around and points up at the ceiling. I have to drag the camera around and figure out where I am. this is making the game increasingly un-fun to play. Friend are getting frustrated with me because I run off in a different direction until I can figure out where I am.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Load the game start moving and every 3 seconds the screen freezes for a second and starting moving again. In caves for mining and with anything that has a tight curve I consistently run into walls, then the camera gets turned around I and points up at the ceiling.
    6. User Specs:
    7. OS: Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Home 64-bit (Build 10586) DirectX Version 12
    8. RAM 24 GB
    9. Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.8GHz 4 cors 8 threads
    10. Video NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 memroy 324MHz
    11. SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.426.Date.06.02.16

tonotrigger likes this.
  5. Botocks

Botocks Avatar

Same Problem here. Makes it very difficult when fighting lots of Mobs or navigating through a narrow dungeon/mine. I don't know if this is useful info but the stuttering seam to appear only when i am running around. When i am standing still, i can turn the camera around at any speed with very little to no stuttering. Same with 4 of my guildmates.

i7 4790k
    16 GB RAM
    GTX 970
    Windows 7

Edit: this only applies to scenes. On the Overland map there is no difference whether i am standing still or running. The graphics is stuttering steadily every 3 seconds

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    fantalio likes this.
  6. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I have the same problem, but have not noticed any screen stutter at all. The barrens are the worst for me and in close quarters everywhere else.

7. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

updated graphic drivers and doesnt seem as bad.

8. tonotrigger

tonotrigger Avatar

I get it a lot when I equip the coconuts and travel around. I just logout for the day.

9. Ulf Berht

Ulf Berht Avatar

Had the same problem for this release. I had ensured that the graphics driver was up to date every day but had no effect UNTIL today. I have a Gforce 770 and just got latest driver and behold, all is good now. No stutter or screen jumping YAY

10. tonotrigger

tonotrigger Avatar

There is still a lot of screen jumping for me sadly.

Ice Queen likes this.
  11. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We have a fix planned for this, unfortunately it likely won't be visible until R31. Thank you for the reports.

Beli, fantalio, tonotrigger and 2 others like this.
  12. Spryone

Spryone Avatar

I Just wanted to verify that turning my mouse sensitivy down made a big difference with my screen jumping. I have yet to go into a mine since making the change but in a normal scene this change has made the game a lot less frustrating. Thanks to everyone for the great info on this bug.

13. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

More info. GTX-770. I started getting a lot of screen stutter yesterday. Tweaked sensitivity, window mode... to no avail. However when I turned off and re-booted my computer, everything was back to normal and I was able to increase sensitivity to the level I was using before the problem started. Since then the same thing has happened twice more and the re-boot has corrected the problem. The first time this happened was just after I had switched from full screen mode to windowed mode (to view another webpage). I noticed that the checkbox for full screen mode did not accept the check as it should. I had to open and close the options/video page several times to get the full screen mode properly checked. The stuttering started immediately after I went back to game play.

14. tonotrigger

tonotrigger Avatar

Is this fixed now?

15. Andrew Vawter

Andrew Vawter Avatar

I still have this issue and would like to know if the fix was rolled out. If so, it's not working. If not, when can we expect it?

16. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

I have , too. unplayable

Ice Queen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.