Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Items mass deleting after deleting equipped tool with 0 durability.

Discussion in 'Release 30 Bug Forum' started by Jaxer, Jun 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaxer

Jaxer Avatar

Reproduction rate: currently trying to get mats together to reproduce.

Blocker: Serious set back in crafting and time if this happens to you.

Details: I created backpacks to help organize crafting mats for the different crafts and had remove my back pack from bank holding all cloth and leather mats i collected from most recent wipe. I just purchased the 4 pack prosperity tool kit and was finishing using the standard loom before equipping the new prosperous one i purchased. When the durability of the loom hit 0 , while it was still equipped in the backpack holding all the other mats, i destroyed it so i could equipped my new prosperous loom. When i got the confirmation to destroy the broken loom i noticed all the text for the mats in that backpack turn red. I confirmed the destruction of the broken loom and the backpack and all its contents vanished, including one of my newly purchased skinning tool of prosperity.The backpack was named JV leather and cloth, The date that this accorded was around 3-6 am 5/24/2016 ( my birthday :) ) and there was a massive amount of materials in that bag. Can you please help me retrieve these materials or at least get me back my purchased prosperity tools? There was a extremely large amount of recourses in that bag worth many thousand gold but it was the time taken to get those mats i care about the most. Also if i remember correctly the tool was equipped when i was deleting it.

I am currently gathering the mats to try to reproduce the event.
    This happend in release 29 also and i did not get a replay so i have been trying to see if it is still active.
    User specs. Windows 7 home premium, 64 bit OS, Game version 29

2. Jaxer

Jaxer Avatar

so i have recreated this. I was turning raw cotton into thread until my tool hit 0 durability. I tried to make a different item that i did not have all the matts for and the items i did have in my bag for the recipe turned red. when i got items to turn red is when i deleted the loom with 0 durability, while it was still equipped, and all items that were red got deleted as well. So i lost Tools i payed real life money for and massive amounts of gathered that res but i have yet to get a replied yet please help. I also have not been able to recreate what causes items in bag to turn red with 100% certainty yet.

3. Jaxer

Jaxer Avatar

This is stupid it has happend again. I created a sack to store and sort my unused tools instead of having a million of them equipped all the time. I equipe my cleaver of prosperity, the tool is in the sack named tool's. The items being butcherer are being stored in a different bag. After butchering mats i tried to move the tool back into the sack for tools only and the text turns red and when i unequipped it the enter sack of tools and everything in it is now gone. WHY IS NO ONE RESPONDING AT ALL ? I HAVE GIVING TO MUCH MONEY FROM THE START TO TO GET A REPLY AT ALL. OR AT LEAST MY TOOLS BACK.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

If you are carfing items and they are going into your bag they are still actually highlighted.

When oyu hit the destroy and got the confirmation did it say 1 items or multiple items.

You have to look before you confirm.

This has been an issue before when you say take all a lot of items are highlighted then a player hit destroy and didn't see that there was more than the tiems wanted to be destroyed on the list. I have done this to some very expnsive items before like a whole suit.

It is my fault but yeah a more robust list to show what is to be destroyed would help.

Make sure oyu check the count of items, and before you destroy anything I always now click somewhere in my bag and make sure I hit the only item I want to destroy before I "ctrl" click other items.

5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Keep in mind that if you click on "Get All" it will select and move the stuff into the inventory (lower right of the gump). If you right click and select destroy on an item, you may end up destroying those also.

The best bet is to click on different item, then click on the target you want to destroy to ensure that it is the only time you select before destroy it.

6. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

As the others have stated; there are ways to ensure that this doesn't happen.

HOWEVER; This is still a legit bug and should be looked at, it has existed forever and we've all just found ways to avoid it happening when in all honesty shouldn't be happening. The game is automatically selecting things for you, they should at least make it deselect it after it does the "get all" command and moves the items.

~Woden

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  7. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I'm working to parse through the description of the issue. So far, there are two suggestions.

1. When items turn red, it usually means there's a network issue. Any transactions or movements that are made to items that appear red get reverted whenever a scene is reloaded. For instance, if you had attempted to move red items from Bag A to Bag B and they appear red in Bag B, reloading the scene would show them as missing from Bag B, but they would reappear from their last valid position within Bag A. We wouldn't delete anything.

2. It's also possible that after crafting a lot, many items are selected as they are taken. These items remain selected in your inventory. If you attempt to right click and destroy a single item while these other items are selected, you run the risk of accidentally deleting everything. A UI confirmation window comes up that prompts whether you want to actually destroy x number of items, but it's easy to ignore.

It's a known issue that has been written up since it was first reported. It's sitting in our queue for review and resolution.

8. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

Thank you for letting us know.

~Woden

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.