HoBLotH Highlights

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Tazar, Jun 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Please post all about your HoBLotH experience here:

2. Flair

Flair Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

3. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I want to see pics.

4. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

The Battle of Lord British and Princess Kinga:

If only Photobucket would cooperate this morning..... *sighs*

5. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

I killed a Hell Hound in Hythloth.

Oh. HoBLotH. :oops:

6. Sianna Thorne

Sianna Thorne Avatar

Not feeling great after all the shenanigans (and the evil sun) but I'm going to try and drop off all my film today and let them scan them so I can post them sooner.

7. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Epic. Amazing. Complete enjoyment for the entire event. The rain and mud just added character and immersion to the events, and the efforts of incredible people helped one another at every moment of the experience.

However, as Lord British needed to attend to Princess Kinga during the Capture the Keg battle, I was nominated for his surrogate to defend the honor of Britannia against Lord Darkstarr, and led my forces to victory!

Thank you to all who attended with me, and especially to Rustic Dragon for his amazing work, and to Richard Garriott and the whole Portalarium team for making the best week I have ever experienced. :D

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  8. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

She killed like EVERYBODY. Brienne of Tarth ain't got nothing on Flair :p

9. Siderious

Siderious Avatar

REPOST FROM FACEBOOK:

Walking back through the moongate from the "Village of Castleton (HobLoth)" was a particularly difficult moment for both @Slydelle and myself. We had one of the best experiences and weeks in our life, if not the best. You see, what made "Village of Castleton (HobLoth)" magical was not about a particular place per se, but was about the wonderful people and the sense of community we built there. I witnessed so many acts of kindness, fellowship, and at times I just laughed my heart out listening to the pirate shenanigans. We were hesitant at first as we did not know anyone when we got there, but were immediately embraced and welcomed. We leave knowing that we made some lifelong friendships. As @Slydelle would reflect on our long drive home: "what happened this past week was soul-fulfilling and there just isn't a price that we can put on that." For once, I was not the "weirdo", "eccentric", or the "odd man" out for sharing my passion about Ultima video games. My sense of humor was understood. My acts of compassion were appreciated and not looked at with suspicion. My sense of creativity was admired. My sense of exploration was rewarded. And my acts of valor with double singled-handed swords were encouraged. I was with a family of brothers and sisters that I never knew I had. Finally, I would also like thank my beloved wife for accompanying me on this adventure, because as far as my "eccentricities" go, this one is probably waaaaay out there. And not only did she accompany me, but she encouraged me and wholly embraced the experience when I would grow hesitant. And of course, she put an arrow straight into @DarkStarr 's chest on the ship, from the fort during CtK (and we all got to talk about it afterwards with @DarkStarr ). I end this long rant with: long live the virtuous chaos and long live the chaotic virtues. Because, why choose one when you can have both :D

10. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

It broke my heart that I was unable to attend this year. I loved HoBLotH 2 so much and from the moment it ended I was super excited for HoBLotH 3.

11. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Same here for me.

12. Siderious

Siderious Avatar

I thought she was going to kill me for taking a picture of her :eek:

13. matpsch

matpsch Developer Emeritus

I had the honor of getting to make it out for the day on Wednesday and again for a few hours on Friday and I had an amazing time. The moment I showed up, I was greeted and shown around by people I hadn't met before and was instantly welcome. In the short amount of time I was there, I got to know several people there and felt like I made friends instantly with everyone that I talked to. The snacks and drinks at the tavern were awesome and the few quests I was able to attend (Beerfest, Martial Training, Pipe Smoking) were tons of fun. And all of the other quests looked like a lot of fun! And I got to meet Space Bards/Recap and tell them that I'm the guy who animated their Gypsy Dance haha! It really is nice to get to do these things in a private setting like this in a community event.

And as a SotA dev, getting to hear so much amazing feedback and have conversations with some of you about the game was incredibly beneficial and fun. The great thing about making this game is that we can truly all get involved in the development. Discussing the game face to face with you guys was awesome and I definitely got some great ideas to implement on the animation side of things.

Huge thanks to Rustic for putting this all together and for letting me swing by and hang out and of course to Lord British and Darkstar and everyone else who helped bring it all together!

[​IMG]

14. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Did Laz do the emperor suit dance at HoBLotH?

Leelu, Minerva, Stahlknecht and 6 others like this.
  15. Jouten

Jouten Avatar

Oh snap! So this is who you are! I was the HEMA dude that talked sword things with ya! (We whipped out our training weapons and flaunted them amongst ourselves)

16. Flair

oh no.. I'm not that mean...

17. Jouten

Jouten Avatar

ok for starters, I couldn't get a pic from every dev, but the one's I did manage to grab I asked for them to have epic poses of them overpowering me with my legendary blade "Chloe"; a weapon that took me two days to quest for and almost died getting because hills man... they are horrible to climb. That and climbing lighthouses, fighting bosses that just jumped at me, digging around for clues, etc etc. It was the most epic damn thing I've done, ever.

So to begin with, I had Denis Loubet strike me down:
    [​IMG]

Then Lord British:
    [​IMG]

Then strangely enough Princess Kinga (who was the most vicious out of all of them, I mean look at the whip effect of that sword!)

[​IMG]

(Lord British trying to quell his princess's rage)
    [​IMG]

Warren Specter who was just super eager to wreck house:
    [​IMG]

And our favorite companion Iolo himself:
    [​IMG]

Here's me attempting to lead a class in German fencing as written by Joachim Meyer (there's like... 20 other folks behind these guys I swear). This picture was taken by the lovely Noni:
    [​IMG]

I also got to fight Lord British to the fat rhythm's of Recap (with Dan going "oh daaaaamn"):
    [​IMG]

There's plenty more, like the Keg battle, but all of that will be posted once more pics have been uploaded.

Leelu, margaritte, Minerva and 25 others like this.
  18. Flair

@Jouten i'm gonna find a sword as big as i am to beat you with next time...

Leelu, Minerva, Sara Dreygon and 6 others like this.
  19. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Epic! Totally my hero!

Leelu, Minerva, Sir Cabirus and 6 others like this.
  20. Jouten

Jouten Avatar

Here's a little gif from another side. (notice how each swing goes with the change in the light)

And yes, we're swinging at each other swords, but we're dancing here folks, not fighting.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.