Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Thieving Skill

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Cupid, Jun 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

I find much to much ironic humor in the fact that someone is advocating that thievery is a punishment for flagging pvp when that community as a whole has been pushing for multiplayer only on pvp zones for ages so it lures in blues and increases the rate of reluctant consentual pvp.

I enjoy leaking humans as much as the next guy but seriously quit whining and take it like an avatar.

2. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Alright I give up. I don't want the thread to get locked. But dang it this subject burns me up.

3. Womby

Womby Avatar

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

4. Gix

Gix Avatar

Maybe if there's enough players that steal from others, they'll be enough complaints to allow thieves to steal from NPCs instead of making it a griefing skill.

Fister Magee and Time Lord like this.
  5. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Its just how it is in a true RPG... U can put the hugbox flag on again when they fix it. Don't worry.

Grave GodsHammer and Time Lord like this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:rolleyes: I do enjoy your input because I believe it's important not to deter outsiders of the evil supporting community from comment because it could effect normal game play...

:oops:~I Know It's Frustrating... Containment Through Option & Area I Believe is the Key~

Many times we can rightly assume that these types of player interactions are something that is forced upon those that wouldn't like to engage in this type of player behavior. I think it's totally justified to remain cautious to insure that this never happens within our game. yet I also feel that this is also an important content for our game to allow within restricted areas, but also that those areas should then have something of luring value for players to wish to engage in play there.

This is one of the big reasons my thoughts lead to entire single NPC cities (and option in abilities for POTs) to be provided within our overland map which could best accommodate them, without restricting other players for a normal existence avoiding those cities.

I don't ever want to see this as a "one way or the other" forced hand issue for any player, yet I do support more evil things being provided for within our game.
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

7. Womby

Womby Avatar

Maybe we need to add a new disguise skill, so thieves can go to Skrekk disguised as a Kobold and steal from all the Kobolds there.

(I would avoid elven towns - you are likely to end up with a collection of worms and cabbages.)

8. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I sure hope they fix this issue sooner than later.. I know we are in early access mode right now, but the devs need to be able to either patch these issues asap, or find a way to roll back things. I don't want to wait until the end of this month to 'try' a fix... but I bet we all will be.

Grave GodsHammer and Time Lord like this.
  9. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

Womby, you make the perfect comment once again. (( Dariog Rendell salutes Womby ))

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Relentless

Relentless Avatar

Sounds like you don't possess the stones, so you run and hide in SPO and we will be in Multi... waiting

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

So players figure out how to steal from non flagged players? Did they report it an a bug? If they did not and they are still stealing that are in clear violation of abusing an exploit? TY for naming a few I have noted their names and will watch them forever now in the game.

Theses are not the types of players that should be allowed to exist for more than 5 minutes after the time they are identified in this game.

Now is the chance for the development team to show that they mean business and deal with perpetrators effectively. Lack of action will show that they are not wiling to put the hammer down on criminals.

Time Lord and Dariog like this.
  12. Relentless

Relentless Avatar

To the rest of you louts that are crying about a VERY obvious bug that will get fixed soon. GO! Go to Ardoris, get the pickpocket skill and just have a little mischievous fun while this lasts... cause you KNOW it won't last.

The Thieves Guild ran a muck all weekend in our temporary hometown of Owls Head to highlight the ongoing issues with this skill tree and prod the powers that be to investigate and make changes.
    Some may call this "early access", but we are testers and it is our job, nay DUTY, to find these issues before July 28th and make sure the devs fix what is broken before our world is persistent.

JOIN US!

Long Live the Thieves Guild!

BEWARE Avatars! No pocket is safe, no coin purse too heavy....

13. Relentless

Relentless Avatar

This bug was reported the day it was found and reported directly to the devs. It is now in their hands, if you have issues I suggest taking those to the dev team instead of portraying this as an issue with
    as you put it
    Long Live the Thieves Guild!

BEWARE Avatars! No pocket is safe, no coin purse too heavy....

Time Lord and Dhanan like this.
  14. redfish

redfish Avatar

Just put on one of those severed kobold heads that they're referring to as kobold masks, and swing around a kobold hammer you stole...

Time Lord, Relentless and Dhanan like this.
  15. Dhanan

Dhanan Avatar

Here here! *yoink*

16. Womby

Womby Avatar

From the Monday stand ups:

"Justin Gilbert: Combat animation support & Pickpocketing bug"

They are aware of it. It will be fixed (most likely in the next patch). Relax.

17. Relentless

Relentless Avatar

THANK YOU @Womby !

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Sorry but it is not as simple as just walking up to someone and stealing from them, So there is something else you have to do to be able to steal from someone.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Relentless

Relentless Avatar

Actually... it is that simple. Give it a try, certainly a bug.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Really, explain I tried, only way I could do it was when the non PvP guy accepted a dual. :-(

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.