Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Durability

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Violation Clauth, Jun 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

YAY! Now is it sufferably functional? What does everyone think? This patch is the one that came out today so... past experience doesn't count :p

Grave2 and Leelu like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Brand new patch, can't tell yet.
    I'll let you know later today...... ;)

3. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

Woot! :p

4. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Going to try it out here in a bit to see how it is now. :)

5. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Armor durability loss seems better and much more reasonable now.
    Weapon durability loss still needs a little work I think.

Adventure level 57 plate and two-handed sword if that matters.
    40 creatures in Deep Ravenswood (Wolves/Spiders). 23 mins
    Weapon down 90/99 (max 100)
    Chest down 139/140 (max 140)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  6. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Yuck!!! Current max durability should NOT drop due to use unless current durability is at zero. CMD should only drop when repairing and no more than 3 points if there was a repair failure. I do not understand how any item can last very long if it is dropping a CMD point after every 40 battles. With that in mind I would need a new sword after every 90 hours of play give or take. That's a chore. How is the weapon going to last long enough to earn a name?

I may need a bonk on the head but unless CMD also repairs this makes no sense. Yes, I haven't repaired anything since this change because the Linux bugs are just too annoying.

I look forward to how many fights before CMD drops on the chest plate, @Ice Queen . Thanks a bunch for the report! Also, what kind of creatures were you engaging?

FrostII and Ice Queen like this.
  7. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I agree with you. :)
    Deep Ravenswood wolves and spiders, added to my previous post thanks :) I forgot to say. Will go do more this weekend when I have lots more time. :)

FrostII and Bluefire like this.
  8. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

"Sufferably function." I like that term. I think I will use that at work tomorrow. I have the perfect application for it! Thanks!

Noric and Ice Queen like this.
  9. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Noric and Ice Queen like this.
  10. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

It would be nice if using a 100/100 (max 100) (equipment as an example) .... it would be able to drop to 0/100 (max 100) then repaired would make it go to 99/99 (max 100) then drop to 0/99 (max 100) repaired again taking it to 98/98 (max 100) and so on and so forth. The way it works right now seems like we'll be using coins like crazy or buying equipment so often, instead of getting to keep it a while for the affinity system.

Lace and FrostII like this.
  11. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Yes, still much work to be done before the decay is reasonable.

I would counter that an item dropping below half of max durability should lose more CMD for a full repair than one that is above half.
    80%+ repair has a good chance to not drop CMD at all. So 80/100 could go to 100/100 or 99/99.
    50%+ repair you will lose a point of CMD and possibly two on a fail. 50/100 goes to 99/99 or 98/98.
    1%+ repair you will lose two points of CMD and possibly three on a fail. 1/100 goes to 98/98 or 97/97.
    0 durability with any durability loss will drop the item's CMD to the next level down each time durability is negatively affected. 0/100 -> 0/99 -> 0/98.
    0 repair you will lose three points, period. 0/100 goes to 0/97.

Not sure why we need to buy new gear every week or so. Really not interested in this sufferably functional mechanism. Yes we need to keep our crafters engaged, but a suit a week, a month, or every two months is not the answer. I want demand, not insanity.

Lace, FrostII and Ice Queen like this.
  12. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

@Chris I like this idea... tell @DarkStarr you're going to test it and slip it in without his approval? Yes? :D

Bluefire likes this.
  13. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Perhaps it is an illusion. you only have 1 weapon to lose durability on, but you have 5 pieces of armor ( or more) check those totals, and it may see more inline.

Lace likes this.
  14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Roughly 90 hrs of combat. Round about 20-25 days of play if you are a casual player I would say.
    That's not so bad. Much better than yesterday anyway.
    Still I agree. Max Dur should only Drop if you actually repair the weapon without a coin.

15. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

90 hours was a bad assumption on my part - I figure that was from about 1hr of play... Turns out it was 23 minutes for two CMD decay. That's 6 points per hour and thus more like 16 hours. For me that would be complete replacement every 4 days. That's a major chore.

Remember that a better piece of gear will be more fragile and also require more to repair it. As it stands right now this system will be torture and I'll probably wander around "naked" or with broken armor on most of the time because constant upkeep is tedious and draining. These are not selling points for a game.

I'm all but resigned to relying 99.5% on MOB drop gear. I know I am not the only one.

Ice Queen and FrostII like this.
  16. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I agree completely.

I won't do that, on principle. I'd just sell my accounts and stop playing.
    For now, I'll just keep testing what we have and see how it goes.......

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    Bluefire likes this.
  17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Well in that case.... we are in trouble.

Bluefire likes this.
  18. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

@Chris (or anyone with a dev post as a source link... that works for me!) is there a simple slider to adjust on the server at this point? Feels like there should be... just curious? Does it require another patch to adjust these numbers? If it does, can you try to get that changed before no-wipe? I feel like things need a lot more tuning but who knows... basically, if we can't live tune then I'll wait for patches to try things over... if we can it gives me a reason to keep testing ongoing.

Also, @Berek, can you make sure that all live-change things (like IDK... fishing!!! that was frustrating... @Chris knows what I'm talking about) actually make it to public consumption patch notes? It would be a HUGE help to actually know when the game changes things.

FrostII, Lace and Berek like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.