Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

It is clear people want to debate about weather bypassing a skill/spell cool down is valid soo . . .

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I was brought to my attention that there is a way to bypass a skill / spell cool down by placing only a single glyph in a dealt spot and only 1 glyph in the deck. As you watch the video you will see a Thrust be used and then immediately be dealt again much less that its 5 second kool down.

1 Minute 40 Seconds in shows the problem

I know there is going to be players and Devs who say, "who cares" - - Soooo here is why you have to care (PvPers are already going damn one of my methods is now gone, or should be).

So now with this method I can train a skill up put a single glyph in an unlocked spot and only leave 1 of the cards in my deck. Now with careful deck manipulation that, skill / spell will come up over and over much faster than it's cool down would allow, and they can then be spammed.

Why well lets saw I manipulate my deck so I have a Ice Fist (Slows) #1 Slot, Discharge (Stun) #2, and Flame Fist (Sets you on fire) #3. And I can use these over and over in rapid succession then I could effectively eliminate any threat from you and turn you to ash in no time.

What needs to happen is when a skill / spell is used it should not be able to be dealt back into you hand until after its cool down (this is for single glyphs and single cards in hand in an unlocked spot). If trained up and multiple glyphs are used in the deck the of course they could be dealt back to back but again no card (glyph) should be able to be put back into the draw deck until its cool down has cooked off.

Now if this is not fixed I will most assuredly train a skill up that does what I say and then I will abuse something strong or another player and show you all again why it should be fixed.

This is bug reported and if not found a bug (I cannot see how bypassing a cool down is not a bug) I wil of course concede.

Also do not try and show me how multiple skills/spell glyphs can do this, I know full well how to create and manipulate a deck.

Also I am not even going to bother reply here (my point is simple) so have at it but stay away from the bug report let it get its response here is the place to debate away.

2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Promise you won't delete our comments? :)
    (pasted from the bug report, sorry, I know this is totally feedback, and I'm glad you made a post in feedback.)

Works as it should. Sorry. We've all been playing this way for a while now.

It is not uncommon to put a stun spell locked in slot 1 for example, then put the remaining 4 glyphs (assuming it is at level 80 or higher) in slot 2, fill the rest of the deck and assign the other slots locked or whatever (IMPORTANT! You have many slugs for some reason in your deck in your video.. you can't have slugs for this to work effectively, I also assume that was just for video example).

This allows you to constantly cast a spell and getting around cooldown as well.. basically, hit 1, it goes to cooldown, hit 2 as they come up, no cooldown on those! Cooldown comes up on 1 again, and repeat.

With the buggy lightning or certain other stun spells, you can keep a Ghost Corpion perpetually stunned. ;) PvPers on the other hand, not so easy.. most know to jump out of any stun.

It is how locked and unlocked slots work, when using them together, you have many ways to craft a useable deck.

I actually referenced a PVE element, not PVP, so don't bring that into it (Ghost Corpion). :p I think it is a great mechanism to build a fast and fluid deck. Works great, in fact, the devs have fixed a few skills so the cooldown does in fact work how you are against... so you will find, it is working as it should. :)

Maybe it's due to the bugs in some skills, that allow this mechanism to seem overpowered...

Chatele, cartodude and Ice Queen like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is exactly the mechanism intended. As you gain in a skill, you get more glyphs. When you get to 80 in a skill, you get 5 glyphs. You can spread those glyphs out into 5 slots or less slots. You can lock one of those glyphs into its own slot if you want leaving the other 4 available for random draw. This is all perfectly valid and cooldown only applies to locked glyphs.

4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I think something is funky here. There should be more slug throwing into the slot more often than this.

5. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

As far as I know, the cooldown is ONLY intended for locked glyphs. unlocked glyphs have NO cool down, as it is a draw system.

Chatele, Moonshadow, Net and 3 others like this.
  6. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Depends on his level, and how many total glyphs he should have.

7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Except he only put one glyph in there on the deck, though. If he has put 4 of them in there, then I would think differently. It seems like the slug cards might also be shared on other two empty slots, which is why we're down to 1/3 chance to get thrust and 2/3 for slugs.

Also, is it true that the deck dealing speed is based on the number of glyphs on the deck or is it a constant regardless of the deck size?

Weins201 and Noric like this.
  8. Noric

Noric Avatar

This was my understanding as well.

There would be little to no point using unlocked glyphs if it had the same cooldowns.

9. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Noone that knows how to build a deck, even at level 1, should have slugs coming up in their decks.

10. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

I mean for instance, if I have 4 chain lightnings pop I can cast them in a series, instead of stacking. there is nothing but the global 1s cooldown preventing that.. If you put a 5 second cooldown on them then I would not even bother leveling it up for extra glyphs

Fister Magee and Lord Baldrith like this.
  11. Curt

Curt Avatar

Working as intended as i see it.
    locked glyphs has cooldowns
    while dealth has no cooldown but you has to wait until its dealt.

12. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Look at his video his deck can ONLY hold 9 glyphs how many cards does he have.. subtract t hat from 9 = slugs.

Fister Magee likes this.
  13. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

He isn't level 100 in every skill and doesn't have a max deck of say 25 glyphs he only has 9.. that is working as intended. No cooldown on a dynamic deck. also.. @Weins201 if you want it even faster right click or cancel the slugs..

14. Roycestein Kaelstrom

In the video he's supposed to have 4 slugs. Two of them went to the hot bar on the right side, so the possible glyph that can be dealt would be either thrust or one of the two slugs. All other glyphs on the deck won't be dealt until the slugs are gone.

Unless I'm missing something here?

15. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

there are only 4 slugs to be had, if you made a deck and left 4 blank slugs in there, your abilities would continue to pop until the 4 slugs had vanished. That in itself could be a problem.

16. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

"Why are there slugs? Because that's how the deck is built" - Quote from video, my point being, his deck is built 'bad'. Slugs will come up in any slot, you are getting one card per draw, if it is a slug, too bad, it will pop up where it CAN. if it cannot, the draw is skipped, you get no draw that tick.

He built a deck that inherently will not work well, to attempt to show an error in the system, when in fact, this is not a problem with the cooldown at all, but with the deck builder. Sorry OP. :)

Unless I am missing something, and I'm trying to see where that might be, I think it is working correctly.

If I saw a bug here, I'd be posting it.

Ice Queen and Sheamus McGuinness like this.
  17. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

He was trying to say you can machine gun skills around the cooldown. problem is random decks don't have cooldowns.

Moonshadow likes this.
  18. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Show me a locked deck where you can circumvent the cooldown then that is worthy of a bug post.

19. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

If that is the point of the OP, then he should say so... it sounds more like he just tried this out, a feature we've all been enjoying for a year or so.

20. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Sounds like it looks like it feels like someone was able to cheat this system, but didn't know that on that tooltip was that cooldown which looks like it should feel like a Global thing when really it was only for locked sets.

was I clear on that? :D

Net and Fister Magee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.