Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Malware Bytes blocked something and now I can not play

Discussion in 'Release 31 Bug Forum' started by Baer, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baer

Baer Avatar

When downloading the updates Malware Bytes noted that it had blocked malicious software. The download continued. When I try to play I can log in. I am told to go to the mirror and click on it. I can move by using WASD and get to the mirror but I can not click on it to finish my transformation.
    Anyone else seen this? Any suggestions?

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Double clicking the mirror in either cursor or reticle mode does not take you to the character creation screen?

3. Baer

Baer Avatar

Correct, it does not.
    I will try again and report back here if there is any change or if I see any other details that may help..
    I also had an error message pop up when I first hit play but is went away before I could note the error code. It has not reappeared.
    My Malware Bytes log shows some blocked files from S of the A. Here is what it shows, perhaps that may help.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    Detection Malicious Website Protection, IP, 201.248.72.10, 55721, Outbound, C:\Program Files (x86)\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher.exe
    Detection Malicious Website Protection, IP, 201.248.72.10, 55721, Outbound, C:\Program Files (x86)\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher.exe

4. Baer

Baer Avatar

OK, I tried again, still no joy but here are some more details.
    I am unable to click on the mirror or Arabella or for that matter anything on the screen. I can do all actions using my keyboard however. Also, my mouse is working it lets me move forward using the center button and change direction and look around Etc but no activation on anything, no interaction at all by clicking.

5. Baer

Baer Avatar

Still unable to resolve this. Should I delete the game and download everything?

6. Attenwood

That might be my next recommendation. We're having difficulty reproducing this issue internally.

7. Baer

Baer Avatar

I think I will do that when I get a chance later this weekend. Before I re-download I will disable Malwarebytes and then download and install. I will let you know. Possible there is something in the code in the latest release that is needed but that M-B does not like.
    I will let you know.

Aldo likes this.
  8. Baer

Baer Avatar

That worked. I deleted and re-downloaded. I got a message that said my firewall was blocking part of the installer. After allowing it access the download finished and I was able to play and get to Solace Bridge.
    I will play more later but initially the mouse action still seems somewhat glitchy . It works but just not as well as I remember it, not as accurate or responsive.
    Anyway, I am now able to play.
    BTW, it looks quite good at 5760 X 1200 surround across three monitors.

9. Attenwood

It's possible you may need to refactor your mouse sensitivity. There are sliders available for it in the controls menu. Depends on what you mean by being less accurate and responsive. :)

10. Baer

Baer Avatar

What is happening is that I loose my mouse pointer all together after doing battle. In order to get it back I have to use a keyboard key such as using I to open my inventory and then I get the mouse pointer back.
    However what has stopped me cold is when I try to use the boat to get to Soul town I crash., I get a crash message with the code 2.16-07-05-105030

11. Attenwood

If there is an error dump folder in your directory, could you forward its contents to our team at cspears@portalarium.com with details that it's tied to using the boat?

Also, could you provide system specs for us to look into this further? The boat appears to be working internally.

Additionally: Does using the Tab input bring the mouse back for you when it appears to disappear? It's possible it may be shifting into the Reticle Mode state.

12. Baer

Baer Avatar

I have sent two sets of dump files from two crashes today attached to two different e mails.
    My rig is a six core i7 on an ASUS Rampage IV BE Mobo, Boot drive is a pair of Samsung 840 Pro SSD’s in RAID 0, Memory is 32 Gb of Corsair Dominator, GPU’s are two EVGA GTX 780Ti’s in SLI running three 1920 X 1200 monitors in 5760 X 1200 surround (which seems to be working well in this as well as all previous releases of S of the A). Liquid cooled but not OCing at the present time. AX1200 PSU, Other normal stuff.
    OS is fully updated Win 10

13. Baer

Baer Avatar

With todays patch I am now able to use the boat and was able to get into town.
    When the patch was loading I had a message from Malwarebytes was blocking IP 95.79.252.210 I have now allowed access to that IP
    Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.