Question for long time backers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SamRothstein, Jul 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

I played abit now and then primarily not the spoil the fun :) Very much looking forward to any new releases!

Hornpipe, Lord Beaumaris and Venusian like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I didn't start until R11 (because that's when I found out about the game) but I've played every release since then.

Hornpipe and Venusian like this.
  3. Merick

Merick Avatar

I pledged in way back (F) and have never played. I just today submitted my POT info and will play for the first time.

4. Venusada

Venusada Avatar

I have been a long time backer. I have played some but I have been deliberately waiting until final wipe before I really get into the game. Even playing occasionally I still have over 300 steam hours in the game. There are so much to explore and to learn. I am so excited for the final. I know that I will behind the learning curve from other players who have been regularly playing but I wanted as much of the new player rush as I can get. I have played enough that To know that I love the game, thus keep investing, and looking forward to that new player experience for the final wipe.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    Hornpipe and Lord Beaumaris like this.
  5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Super excited. I've deliberately limited most of my testing to certain scenes/activities to not spoil things for myself that I didn't want to be spoiled.

4EverLost, Hornpipe and Venusian like this.
  6. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Hell NO, I look forwards to every new release... Following the board's closely and playing in between... This model isn't for everyone, aspecialy hard core types who will get "burned out" on no matter what they're playing or "perfectionists" who want a final product... I really like this model, gives me a chance to try new things after every wipe, I guess those days are gone soon... Long Live Lord British...

7. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Nope. Im good. Excited as can be for final wipe actually.

Hornpipe likes this.
  8. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

For now, I'm absolutely not disappointed in my expectations. There are certainly things that displeased me, as the loading screens, but the feeling of freedom is there. Want to play music ? Find the score, a piano, and play. Want to go for a hunt ? Take your bow and go in a forest. Want to be a blacksmith ? ... and so on... Want to wait for a sunset at the water's edge ? No problem. Add to that NPCs will become more alive, quests will be finalized, and events like town siege. With time and money, this game is promising, I think.

Many will say that the combat and PVP systems are crappy. 1. They are not finished. 2. The problem is that most think the system need to adapt to their habits while, in a game, it's up to the player to adapt to the rules. There is surely ups and downs with the current combat gameplay, but just saying we don't like it don't make it wrong. Currently, the game encourages tactics and placement, skill and gear management.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    4EverLost and WrathPhoenix like this.
  9. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

Doom has kept me busy since it came out. <3 the game....

10. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

I have followed SotA since June 2013, I have played every release mainly to get the hats. I purposefully didn't play much of SotA so that once it did go live I wouldn't be burned out.

11. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I find myself wanting to play more and more but not committing fully because I know that all my progress will be wiped.

I actually think that I'm less hyped because we keep having wipes. I'm really excited about the game being persistent.

12. Golem Dragon

Golem Dragon Avatar

the wipes is what I think drives most ppl from not being committed. The trust test of stuff will be R32 through a few weeks after Launch. Whether that be December or next year, all depends on the schedule....

13. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

No, nature of the beast. I have seen way worse development disasters.

14. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Pretty much this for me too. I play anyway, but it's largely to help newcomers at this point and to keep our alliance ticking until persistence and keep everyone on task with anything they need before persistence hits.

15. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

Yes, the knowledge that, once again, we lose everything and start over is a bit of an annoyance. But, to me the difficult part is that during the last several releases, although there has been a great deal of content added, the performance issues have made it very discouraging. I cannot see how this game can be successful if they do not address; no, FIX the stability problems. Unity being the culprit here will not save Portalarium from disaster. It hasn't helped that they made some major combat changes very late in the development process that were not entirely welcomed by many.

Jade2 likes this.
  16. Selene

Selene Avatar

The last few months have been a rollercoaster. With all the big changes getting closer to the final wipe, there has been a lot to do and test, but there was always the final wipe looming on the horizon. It feels like the real experience of the game will begin at the end of July, and all this was just practice. So I'm super excited to get started!

4EverLost and margaritte like this.
  17. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Same with me. I haven't leveled up or crafted crazy gear knowing until R32 it doesn't matter. What has been invaluable is the opportunity to try different homes and decorations knowing if they didn't' work out there was a wipe coming that I could trade items back in. For that feature alone I thank Portalarium and is the only down side to final wipe IMHO.

18. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

It has been fun trying everything out knowing that you could melt it down later. But I'm really looking forward to how much money Portalarium can make once that option stops. I know I tend not to spend new money because I can melt down items every few months. It's now time to choose wisely and get some new money saved up for all those cool things that will be available in the future. :)

Retlaw and NRaas like this.
  19. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

I joined during the Kickstarter. Played each release. I will have some days off to play after final wipe.
    But I still haven't realised what that means.. final wipe... I got so used to this wipes.. I still have to realise what that means...
    I just hope for more players being active after final wipe.

20. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I'm bolstered by the guild I'm in and the friends I keep. I've never had a chance to "witness" this process before so I keep coming back!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.