A Few R31 Observations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Blackthorne, Jul 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

So excited to see us so close to the final wipe here at the end of the month.

I stopped in today for the first time this release!

I really like the new mirror scene. It does, however, seem a bit disconnected. As you approach the mirror you have this awesome music going, wind in the trees... this whole atmosphere. As soon as you enter the mirror scene (which I think would be better if it weren't a different scene altogether), everything kind of dies for me. You go from a dynamic, beautiful scene to a static, boring window. What if, instead, you remained in the same scene and your character began to come to life as you started to customize him/her? That way you keep the music going, the beautiful environment is in the background, and you don't disconnect the "new" player so immediately.

Also, when I reached the top of the hill, I had a bit of a graphical bug. The moongate-ish thing did work, but it glitched out visually. In some openings under the stones of the Stonehenge, the blue, vertical-beam-of-light part of the gate would disappear. Walk to the right or left 5 or 6 steps, and it would reappear.
    [​IMG]

This is also really my first experience with the new targeting system. Good gravy does it seem restrictive and non-intuitive. Like, dang. I don't really know why it was changed in the first place. If someone could please explain that to me, or what the goal of the new targeting system is, perhaps I could better understand and embrace it. I am completely open to embracing a new system, by the way. Just saying, first impression is blegh!

Also, the game crashed. I wasn't wearing a cloak or anything like that. Not sure if it's just a Unity issue or whatever, but I'd love to send that information in to better help the SoTA team target and fix that crashing issue. It was not, to the best of my understanding, a cloth-related crash.

Finally, when running along a sloped surface, it looked like my character's legs were breaking or broken. Very weird. Here's a screen but I'm not sure I captured it as well as I could have. The legs were literally bent like a gummy-doll.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for reading!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    Espada, Time Lord, Mac R and 4 others like this.
  2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Interesting feedback. I had not thought of the mirror quite that same way, but also did see it as somewhat of distraction in the flow of the story. Perhaps it could work that the avatar, on log in, only sees a mirror, clicks on it, shapes their character, then steps through it into the Isle of Storms. I really like the mirror idea they have created here though, it feels innovative having that feature in game vs. in a log in screen.

Lord Blackthorne likes this.
  3. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

HI! can you put the bug you found in the bug section so the devs can fix it?.

Also you can enable trackloc to give the devs exact cordinates by entering /loctrack in the chat box, the cordinates will appear at the top left of your screen so the devs can see the coordinates :)

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  4. SamRothstein

SamRothstein Avatar

I hate that portal thing. It's seems it's buggy each time I use it.

5. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

Do you know how to send in the crash report the game generated? That would be awesome to know.

Dane Sardock likes this.
  6. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

No but you should be able to do a screen capture with F11 ( or whatever key you binded it with )

7. Dane Sardock

Dane Sardock Avatar

I would like to know where to send the crash reports too, I have about 10 that have gereated over the last two days. I am not in the game when it happens, and logging back in clears everything.

EDIT: Found this
    Here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/report-game-crash.52802/

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.