Stealth is under powered

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Belgtor, Jul 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belgtor

Belgtor Avatar

I feel that the ability to shift/click someone in stealth takes to much away from the skill. It also makes the revile hidden skill next to useless. Even being hit by a chain lightning while in stealth feels a bit unfair. What I mean on the front of the chain lightening is that someone can just get lucky and revile you. Which ties into the shift/click and any damage spell will bring you out of stealth. This is just my first thoughts on the matter please let me know if you feel the same or differently and why.

2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

one would assume that chained lightning is rather indiscriminate in its targeting. given that lightning bolts arent organisms with eyes, but rather an electrostatic discharge, the laws of Novian physics dont really care if youre stealthy or not.

try "hiding" under a metal structure during a lightning storm. actually dont try that, just entertain the thought for a second. think "hiding" would allow you to avoid getting struck?

fire field, immolation, ice field, etc, should all unstealth someone for the same reasons.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

In response to the thread title, I'd agree stealth needs more purpose besides sneaking around to pickpocket or stab other pvp'rs. :(

Are we going to get actual stealth quests? Stealing rival faction sigils in UO comes to mind

Ancev likes this.
  4. Belgtor

Belgtor Avatar

I do agree that aoe abilities hitting a player should break stealth. However in group pvp you can see and try to move around other aoe abilities if able. Chain light is a random chance to just revile you. You don't have anyway to counter play the spell. The revile hidden spells soul purpose is to stop stealth. This is a spell that in my view is a small ranged aoe that you can use fairly. I do see that the idea is sound that chain lightening hitting any target in range is sound. However I find it hard to use stealth skill in pvp other then just pick pocketing.

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

does it stop stealth? or does it jsut reveal you and allow you to instantly stealth again

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

in PvE i use stealth to sneak thru difficult control points regularly

7. Belgtor

Belgtor Avatar

It doesn't stop you from stealthing again? However I mean to say the spells only function is to break stealth.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.