Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

who started the fire quest

Discussion in 'Release 31 Bug Forum' started by Roper Docholiday, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

After talking to raymond in soultown at the refugge camp and he sends me off to talk to jeane who sends me to town to talk to martin the merchent i find out harry the guard set the fire.

he begs me not to tell stanly nor could i if i wanted to cause he seems like he is not part of the quest line

go back to raymond and the text is all in grey and no underlined words but has a box that says

say "martin" did it cause he started it and got harry to do it whatever or
    say "harry" cause he did actually start the fire

neither words highlights and even typing those words raymons still goes duh huh what i dont understand you

2. LilPaisley

LilPaisley Avatar

This is the case for me as well, but in addition I also talked to Martin and my Journal updated with his info as well. I can not seem to complete the quest.

3. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

You will be able to complete these (and other answers asked by NPCs) next patch, or now if you turn Conversation Close-ups ON in your options.

If you do not, no NPC will be able to understand answers to direct questions such as these with the current bug.

Thanks!

4. Ralik

Ralik Avatar

I put Conversation Close-ups ON but this not works yet...

5. LilPaisley

LilPaisley Avatar

My Close-Ups setting has been enabled the entire time. This does not seem to work for me. I even tried disabling and re-enabling it.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  6. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Is it just this quest failing for you?

7. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

when you get to the quest end you have option to see his boss stanly or raymond. raymond will respond with you have a choice of x or y but when you talk to his boss stanly you cant even get him to recognize that you are trying to tell him one of his guards started the fire.

the lover boy in the bar doesn't actually give you the poem so his love interest does not actually pick up that your trying to do the quest.

Some quest's will only react to you in close ups and others wont react to you in close ups so you have to go back to not being in close up mode

have to constantly click back and forth between npc's cause chat box hangs up and wont type to people.

However... in the soltown/solace bridge area. I can complete all of the quests i know of other than who started the fire and poem quest.

only hiccup's I have on any of the quest's other than listed above is in party mode when you kill 5 undead for ashton only the first person into solace bridge gets credit for the kills. he physically has to leave the scene for other people of the party to start getting credits for kill's

some npc's on completion of quest you double click them and they automatically give you the reward others make you talk to them before giving the reward not sure if that is a bug or not. example. ashton when you have killed all 5 mobs you have to click he and the rewards you get post on the chat log imidetly. other people start a dialogue before saying thank you for doing what i asked here is your reward.

8. Ralik

Ralik Avatar

I dont know what to do. I talk to raymond and (sometimes) i see the mensage (say "martin" did it cause he started it and got harry to do it whatever or
    say "harry" cause he did actually start the fire and a 3 option i dont remember ). But he dont recognize any answers.

9. Ralik

Ralik Avatar

My Close-Ups has been also enabled the entire time

10. Beolthain

Beolthain Avatar

Can't also complete this quest. And I have the same problem with Japeth & Emma's love poem.

And Close-Ups have been enabled on options.

11. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

the love poem quest break is due to the fact he doesn't actually give you the poem to give to her.

12. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

@Beolthain and @Roper Docholiday , The Japeth and Emma poem quest should be working. You have to prompt her to open the window that will hand over the poem.

As for the fire quest, we'll continue to look into that. Thank you for submitting it!

Beolthain likes this.
  13. LilPaisley

LilPaisley Avatar

I am having the same issue with the Japeth and Emma quest. First is confusion in the quest as it says Emily(journal) is some places and Emma(dialog) in others. I also never received the poem quest item to give to Emma. So to start off with I tried chatting with Emma in the bar and Emily in the refugee camp and can not complete the quest with either.

I also have the problem on completing the Charlotte Gray. I am fairly certain I completed it. I was told by Abigail that Charlotte was safe and taught the back-flip emote, but the quest is stuck on my journal telling me that I need to chat with Abigail. Nothing I do completes that quest off my journal.

14. Serafina

@LilPaisley We'll look into these issues. Thank you for reporting!

15. LilPaisley

LilPaisley Avatar

Thanks @Serafina - just wanted to give you an update. After the 440 patch yesterday I went back and was able to obtain the poem from Japeth. I repeated the dialog choices I originally made with him again and this time he gave me the poem. I was then able to complete the quest by giving the poem to Emma. The incorrect name in the journal remained however.

16. Serafina

@LilPaisley excellent! I'll make note of the name difference as well. Thanks!

17. Xander Xavier

Xander Xavier Avatar

No appropriate response from Raymond regarding Martin or Harry regarding the fire, even in closeup mode.

18. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

The fire quest even though completed by telling the guards supervisor of his treachery does not leave you journal

19. Vestal Alacrast

Vestal Alacrast Avatar

I am having issues with the Japeth quest now in 450. I initiated the dialogue with him, but he never hands me the poem. Trying to talk to him again and he is asking me if I have given her the poem

20. CampersCrispin

CampersCrispin Avatar

Me too, I am unable to obtain the poem - both in single and multiplayer.

About the fire quest, I spent all night thinking about who to tell, but I just don't know! I really love that. I'm leading towards not telling on the guard, his regret seems honest, and I'm soft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.