Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crashing when leaving a scene

Discussion in 'Release 31 Bug Forum' started by psteg, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psteg

psteg Avatar

Every time I change scenes or rather, leave a scene game will crash. Makes no difference if I wear a cloak or not.

mbomber and Baer like this.
  2. xyphon

xyphon Avatar

Pyq likes this.
  3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you both for reporting. We are aware of these forms of crashes and are working hard to resolve them asap. Crash resolution and stability are our top priority.

4. Grimm2

Grimm2 Avatar

5. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

I notice most of my crashes revolve around a typical path or tile I I like to run over. For example, in our PoT, there is a path I take everytime getting to my home and I would say every other time I run over the same tile I crash at this same spot each time. It makes me think there is a corrupted tile or something where players may run over. I haven't experimented with other players to see if this holds true to them as well but I notice high crash spots in other commonly paths I run too, not just this one. Perhaps that's nothing to go off of but something to think about.

6. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Today I experienced crashes trying to teleport to Drachenfels POT (the animation got played, the scroll consumed, loading screen of the new scenary reached around 53%, the game crashed, and the player was still on his original location) and also trying to enter Britanny from the world map or trying to log in again after becoming a trapped ghost in a castle courtyard in Brittany alleys. So changing a scenary seems to bring a high potential of crashing currently.
    SotA Steam client.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

7. Planzinger

Planzinger Avatar

I had the same issue entering Drachenfels yesterday. Entering Drachenfels in Friends-Only mode was perfectly fine. Also entering other towns nearby in Multiplayer worked. But Drachenfels in Multplayer crashed a dozen times in a row until I gave up. As we had a meeting there yesterday, maybe the amount of people there caused the problems.

8. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

I find my self crashing almost as much as prior to the "disable cloth sim" option. I don't wear cloth. I don't wear a cloak. I DO have a pet at most times and spend a lot of time in mines. I crash regularly whether I am fighting, mining, or just standing there with my pet looking at skill tree or something. Sure hope they get a handle on this soon. It won't keep my from playing but certainly causes frustration. As a side not if I re-log quickly I'm still in the same location and at times my pet is still fighting. I NEVER come back dead as if I had logged out normally and left prior to the timer being up and got attacked.

9. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

My level of crashing when playing has not changed at all and this is without a cape and with cloth simulation disabled just in the off chance that Satyr Wizards etc. use cloth animation. That leads me to the supposition that the "Cape is a Lie." At least, I don't believe I have run into the problem when wearing my cloak previously and have taken it off as a precaution.

Running in mines still cause regular crashes leaving, and during mine runs. I.E. transitioning and sometimes moving between harvest areas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.