Please get a PR person...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vallo Frostbane, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

2. Selene

Selene Avatar

Not sure this is true. You felt strongly enough about it to comment on it.

I would say calling others "beautiful people" with such disdain is really no different than calling people trolls or any other name because they disagree with you. Trying to discredit someone else's valid opinion by calling them names is wrong. Believe it or not, people can like this game on its merits.. not because they're "fanboys", synchophants, or some imagined social elite laughing at the plebians from their digital towers. (Sounds pretty ridiculous, doesn't it?)

There is no conspiracy.. there are no freedom fighters uncovering some mass injustice. There are just players.. with opinions. If you feel the need to criticize others' personalities or motivations for their opinions instead of the content of their ideas, maybe you should turn some of your own wisdom inward.

Athanil, Acred, Montaigne and 5 others like this.
  3. Kensing Ton

Kensing Ton Avatar

I haven't made an attack on anyone's purchasing choices. My issue isn't with the buyer. My issue is with the seller. I think this poster in the comments of an article written about it states it perfectly"

"Oh dear god, these people don't do gamers any favors do they."

'Nuf said.

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

First of all that is a question.. not an assumption. Which I ask only because you asked a similar question yourself. Given your response I have to wonder just a little bit if you're not making a similar assumption that is your problem to work out.

When someone posts mostly negative comments it leaves an impression. I for one try not to assume too much, but it's very tempted to wonder why certain people are still here when they apparently have nothing positive to say. Giving into that temptation is easy to do. I'm not suggesting it's justified.. but it should at least be understandable.

Wow.. Beautiful people huh? I'm not sure that sort of divisive thinking is constructive. I've no idea where you're getting all that from but that's your issue to deal with.

The question I was addressing is not who is a problem. If your purpose here is a constructive one then what problem is there? But don't be surprised to be thought of as a naysayer if you rarely saying anything positive.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    FrostII and Sara Dreygon like this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

It doesn't matter, whatever the actual data says people just make up their own facts about what that means.

The sky is always falling for random people on the internet.

I was doing so well staying out of this thread too. Then I read something so horribly stupid that I just had to respond.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  6. Eina Stein

Eina Stein Avatar

07/09/2015
    54,878 - Pledges(People who have pulled out their wallets)
    162,349 - New Britannians(People who have signed up to the site. Note: This number is extremely skewed by earlier promotions by Portalarium)
    07/09/2016
    60,635 - Pledges
    178,099 - New Britannians

With most people having multiple pledges, Id put the number of actual players close to 50k.

To the naysayers, the PR "Stunt" did add 21 new backers...

Ice Queen likes this.
  7. Kensing Ton

Kensing Ton Avatar

My comment wasn't about "it". Keep reading.

I couldn't think of another word for those of you not part of the "unwashed masses" as someone referred to us a while back. Beautiful people seems appropriate to distinguish those of us who don't fit into your mold.

8. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Thats like a really odd perspective.

Content, everyone is looking for content. Thats not the stage we are on right now, almost but not quite yet.
    They are ironing out the system, which is really right on schedule of what they should be doing. They have given us what they can in placeholding form to substain our appetite. I joined a year ago and have seen a great deal of progress. I have faith that they will meet up to their promise.
    Astrological effected world/player driven economy/unique quests/housing/township/choices with meaning.

Contrustive critisim and complaining are also two different things.

Say Im a cook and im making a huge buffet meal, the customers dont want to wait to eat the finished product, they want eat it while its being made. So I prep up what I can that I know the customers can pick and eat at while I work on the main courses. Im adding the ingrediants to the main courses in steps while some of the side dishes get finished. Meanwhile some customers are picking whats good so far and enjoying it, but some customers are going striaght for the main course, but its still raw meat, and they are like ewww this is grosss, even though its not cooked yet. Then some customers want a pastrami sandwich, but I dont have pastrami.. so I say hey Id have to go the the store to get that, I dont have the time right now while things are cooking, cool if I make a balone sandwich instead? the customer sees the balone and eats it then is like, this sandwich sucks! Well duh everyone thats eating whats ready is thinking.

Kara Brae and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Unfortunately a problem with society as a whole in these times.

10. Eina Stein

Eina Stein Avatar

At what point does the chef offer up his blood because most arent enjoying the appetizers?

11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

In my experience it's usually while cutting onions. :p

12. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Actually I think the blood reliquary thing is kind of cool, if you're into that sort of stuff.

13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

This.
    My opinion at least 10 times a day during the last few month. If it's so terrible to be here just leave for f***s sake.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  14. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Im enjoying them

If the chef wants to do some fancy stunt like catch an egg in his hat then serve it, ill watch the show. If this was a vampire game, no one would blink an eye.
    Its a lil odd move to justify but the community has asked for weird things. And fans have bought MUUUCH weirder stuff of other celebrities.

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Really? The Unwashed masses bs? After all those month? After one frigging Troll said it?
    Oh please I KNOW you can do better.

Fister Magee likes this.
  16. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Yes, the "unwashed masses" meme is one of @kristof's favorite sound bites.

A while ago in the context of another discussion where he used it, I went back and found the original article from whence it came. That post can be found Here. mbomber (the originator of the "Unwashed Masses" quote, who I would not characterize as a troll) responds later in the thread (#37) supporting my supposition that it was intended to be humorous. Any reasonable reading of the quote in context would come to the same conclusion, but putting forth the idea that all Governors consider anyone who doesn't live in a POT a lesser being is oh so much more divisive.

This is an example of the worst sort of 'spin' used to create artificial furor.

Alley Oop, Fister Magee and Kara Brae like this.
  17. Kensing Ton

Kensing Ton Avatar

It'a always humor with you people.

"Oh I was joking"

Typical B.S. as usual.

18. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

That's why I supplied the links and the full quoted texts of the exchange so people could see the entire post and judge for themselves rather than picking two inflammatory words out of a rather lengthy post and spinning them in the most derogatory manner.

19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Ok, fair enough....
    What do YOU feel is missing ?

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  20. One Zero

One Zero Avatar

Meh. This thread has gone way off of the subject of the OP's suggestion and is headed for a lock. Go play the damn game and kill some elves in Greymark Forest.

KuBaTRiZeS and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.