Tempted to buy my own POT

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Cassandra Corax, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Shall or shant. I was thinking about it for some time. I love to decorate and designing . So what is the good thing about a POT Help me deside.Also can I choose where I like my POT.I think I would like a caravan link in a town or even a friendly players POT.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I thought about this. I wouldn't mind having an underground biome.

3. Doc Farnsworth

Doc Farnsworth Avatar

For one, its yours! You are the Number One. No fighting for space if you connect it to your favorite NPC town or regional hub, or a friend's POT. Your wagon won't get pulled over while rolling home from a late night party from your local tavern. There will be a ton of craftable deco, even castle walls, if you collect enough stone, timber and metal.

The scale of the land is vast, if that appeals to your sense of personal space.

And there is about 14 days to grab one from Portalarium if you want one.

Time Lord, Leelu and Cassandra Corax like this.
  4. Selene

Selene Avatar

Since POTs will be added into the game as they come online/upgradable after the expiration, it would be great if they offered a payment plan for people wanting to buy towns as long as you started the payment plan before the expiration. Maybe have it run until launch.

Cally, Time Lord, Leelu and 5 others like this.
  5. Doc Farnsworth

Doc Farnsworth Avatar

This would be a great idea, but I thought the reasoning was to wait until all the pledges expired. Perhaps I imagined it that way. The squirrel clan often quarrels and throws nuts and crowns that the fauns dig up at each other until someone answers definitively. Help save us some squirrel hurt and tell us, @DarkStarr!

Time Lord, Leelu, Royou and 2 others like this.
  6. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I think small pots for few occupants will become far more appealing when you can choose your zone in point. This is coming post R32. You will be able to have people zone to the area you decorated and avoid having people get lost in the unused space.

There are many POT decos you can buy and play with for your own Holdfast.

Four giant yew trees surrounding your druid home? Go for it!

7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

My advice is to to spend some time visiting other PoTs and really consider what you want to do with it in order to weigh up if its worth spending $$$$ on it. I also wouldn't recommend buying from the website, check out the market place first you are highly likely to be able to get a great deal from a player who is either downgrading or quitting the game.

8. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

If for some reason you cannot find a good deal perhaps hold out for a while. Don't be in a rush. You don't want to get jipped buying a second rate POT.
    @Budner do you have any advice about this?

9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Our SOTA POT Can Cause a Player to Have Dreams~;)!'
    Our world is so small, that even out of the way POTs, remote POTs are a great investment as well as viable economic centers of attraction. Sure it may take me a few extra minutes to get to some of them with a little checking on the map for where they are http://www.sotamap.com/, but when the price of something is good, or I'm in need of the stuff that's offered there "I'll surely make that few minute more trip to get it" ;)!'

It's also just allot of fun to play around with them. But keeping in mind that once it's inhabitance moves in, it becomes less and less able to become drastically changed.
    That is unless everyone doesn't mind setting up their place again, "which I really wouldn't mind" because I always have faith in those that take care of my own POTs (which BTW, I don't).

Just FYI, I'm not sure if connected POTs are listed on the Map, because I know a few underground POTs that aren't listed...
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

10. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Having a POT is a ton of fun if you like to decorate or design things. As stated by others, it also gives you a lot of flexibility where you live. Someone took your dream spot in the land rush? No worries, you can move into your POT and put your home wherever you want. Don't like the way people are decorating their homes? Don't like the neighbors? No worries, you can control all that in your POT.

The downside is really only that it costs more money.

11. Thxforthememories

Thxforthememories Avatar

Especially if you like decorating, I say go for it. (I say this half-selfishly because a decent chunk of what I enjoy in SotA is exploring PoTs and Avatar homes to see all of the amazingly wonderful decorating that I could never dream up in a million years.

12. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Yeah I've also been tempted to buy my own POT. Fortunately I have generous friends who share their POT with me so I don't have the risk, hassle or financial commitment of buying my own POT. :D Although if someone shares their POT with you, you should find a way to show your appreciation. For POT-sharing women, I turn on the Love Machine. For example.

Numa, Cally, Aldo and 5 others like this.
  13. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:oops: I'm still waiting for some POT to take this name theme... ;)

~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Espatier, Solaris Aeternum and Budner like this.
  14. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Hehehe yes. Would love to name my pot that,..........but no...... may not be right for a lady........"did I call myself lady" yikes

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I'm a big fan of your home deco. Looking forward to see the POT version :)

16. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Awww bless thank you.I never realised that anyone noticed my home

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Dhanan

Dhanan Avatar

I have one! I'm looking forward to templates down the road as well. I am hoping for a version that is better lit, or something that shows the passage of time. It would be cool if the mushrooms bloomed and lit up at night or something!

Acred, Time Lord and Cassandra Corax like this.
  18. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I picked one up for the added flexibility and creative power they provide. Seemed like it opened doors to fun alternatives for the long term. Also, the game shows promise for player-driven quests and POTs add to that potential. Lastly, as the house commander frowned on filling our place with model train sets, this was the reasonable compromise!

Time Lord and Cassandra Corax like this.
  19. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

I always wanted a train set. I kind of liked the designing aspect of it and of cause the little trains where just a bonus. But I guess it never happened. Family and friends told me to stick to cooking and cleaning as a good woman should. But maybe now the time has come for me to ........PLAY........

20. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Bah! Come play!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.