Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mouse move broken again

Discussion in 'Release 31 Dev+' started by Brass Knuckles, Jun 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Cant move in pot or on world map with mouse buttons again.

Cpu hexa
    Gui 770
    Rm 8g

niteowl57 and Mischievous Dragon like this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Mouse movement has changed its control to be handled by the middle mouse button when pressed.

3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Ok a bit wierd and slightly clumbsy while fighting but I think i can make the adjustment. Whats the reason behind the move, worked well before.

Also a bit harder on the index finger requires slightly more force to keep depressed causing my wrist to tire a bit or it could be the slightly diffrent angle your hand sits on the mouse.

Is there anyway to assign it back under key binding? I see mouse 2 but nothing that shows left click or im guessing mouse 1.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for the feedback. The issue with being unable to bind the left and right mouse buttons is currently a known issue.

5. Roper

Roper Avatar

Thanks Attenwood. May I ask if we will ever be able to bind mouse buttons 4 and 5 again? I was able to bind them to my strafe keys before, but now I cannot. Also, I notice that when I enter combat, I have to use the "T" key every time ("Toggle Attack") so that I can mouse move in Combat. This is even when I have deselected the "Use Free Attack" check box in game options. Should there not be some "stickiness" to this selection, instead of always having to use the "T" key every time I enter combat? Please advise. - C

6. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

I just mapped Z and T to my center mouse button (a slight pause in between is required to make it work correctly) and gave up charge attack. I push once to enter combat (as auto-attack) and I can move with the left and right mouse buttons and fight, I just can't charge my sword like I'm used to. But it's the only thing that feels less awkward (or painful).
    I'm not liking auto-attack very much though because when I'm getting too hurt and try to run off, auto-attack keeps pulling me back into combat for the mob to finish me off. I guess I will eventually adjust to not having a charge attack and learn to exit combat when I want to run away. I was actually starting to have fun with combat near the end of R29, but not so much now. I just keep hoping that something better (and more like it was) is yet to come.

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.