Sadly I had high hopes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MagiK, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

But now at Baron level there is no reason I should pledge any more, the lot selections are going in in the middle of the night on a work week. By the time I have a chance to make good on my Baron pledge...Ill have missed every decent lot in the game.......very sad :( Anyone interested in an unused baron pledge?

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I would try the Marketplace forum section MagiK.

3. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Dont give up or dismay so quickly. There will be plenty of spots . Maybe not where you want but you can find something decent

4. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Sorry, just that I cant imagine them making lot selection any more complicated if they tried. Hell I have no idea where I want, except I hope it will be easy to fins some form of fast travel back and forth, who wants to run for 4 days to get home :p Anyway been a bad week, so pardon my depression leaking out :p

Derium and Time Lord like this.
  5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

It is impossible to make everyone happy, WHATEVER time it would have been. During the day, people working, at weekends..well some work, some on holiday, some this and some that.
    For you it falls at a bad time for you to get optimal location for your slot if you don't for just this once/this day....
    Be a rebel...Live dangerously...Take a risk...Throw caution to the wind....Call in sick!....Just once...Just this day...Go on...you know you have been waiting and looking forward for so long now (years i imagine)....Its only one night, you either stay up for a bit, rebudget your sleep
    or place a few hours later....

Derium, Kaisa, Tiki Pirate and 5 others like this.
  6. agra

agra Avatar

The 130-140 lot PRT's require 2 minutes of running from the zone-in to the town center (or the other way). So you've got that to look forward to, you know, every time you want to visit your house. :D:)

7. Duncan O. McDermott

Duncan O. McDermott Avatar

Is it possible to have someone in your family place the lot for you?

Cassandra Corax, Time Lord and PK U like this.
  8. Duncan O. McDermott

Duncan O. McDermott Avatar

you can always recall to the bind point

9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Hehe I scheduled my vaction arround land rush, I know it doesnt help your situation but it is what it is. Good luck !!

Have a friend or spouce help out?

Time Lord likes this.
  10. agra

agra Avatar

Yep, and then it's a 2 minute run out to the exit. :p Either way, there's still an inordinate amount of wasted time in those massive PRT's, which... well, I think it's best just to wait and see how many players really enjoy that. hehehe.
    And if you think the "Starting on World Map" is going to remain, it's not. They've already tried to get rid of that a few times, and will definitely remove that time-saver. You'll run and you'll LIKE IT!

Derium, Tiki Pirate, MagiK and 2 others like this.
  11. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We are very sorry for the inconvenience but we are an international game so we have to spread the times out across all times of the day. What we guaranteed was that for each Pledge level there was at least 24 hours of time in the window. That does mean though that each subgroup's window within a pledge there might be some odd times like for yourself.

I know it is not ideal but it is the only way we could plan this out and not have lot selection last longer than a month.

StarLord, Mishras, slandrew and 10 others like this.
  12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

*coff* 8 o'clock in the evening for me *coff* couldn't be more Perfect *coff*...
    Did I say anything ^^?

Derium and Time Lord like this.
  13. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

To my surprise my lot selection day is a Sunday, early afternoon, if I got that right. (But of course I am not alone at home, so this still may fail.)

14. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

There is Brittany Estates, which contains tons of city lots. The chance of not being able to claim a nice city lot is very slim.

15. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Baron @MagiK , you have been with us for a very long time...
    I know that some of our old thinking from the past skews some of our judgments of what constitutes a good placement of where to live. I believe you are thinking in the old ways, where NPC Towns outweigh the preferences of choosing a (POT) Player Owned Town as a better location. Currently, our POTs litter our landscape from share to shore, but I assure you are just as, if not more convenient and more prosperous locations for placement. I personally avoid such places as NPC towns because of their chaotic natures within their own maps. NPC Towns have no player made events which cause commerce. Most of our players purchase goods from vendors they know the owners of, within POTs where their friends reside.

It's our friends who are the greatest gold, within our future coming commerce and trade routes...
    I personally will never place any of my lots within any NPC city, because of the increase in trade that comes from living in any of our POTs. Our world map's size is so small, that once you've run across it a few times, then you can get to anywhere on it in as much as 5 minutes travel time. I do encourage you my friend, to think past the way you see things now and envision what is to become our future in better trade and convenience.

Wherever you enjoy most hunting, just head towards the nearest POT, because those same players who also enjoy hunting there, will all be there spurring that economy far past what any NPC town could offer.
    Those are my thoughts to our old friend... ;)

~Go Sit in a POT and Think About it~
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~:D

16. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Oh my GOD I want this golden loo I would sit on it forever

17. redfish

redfish Avatar

Forever . . . .

[​IMG]

18. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Above three posts are the best three consecutive posts in the history of posting.:)

Wait skip Beaumaris' post which posted right before I posted ..... ummm Time Lord, Cassandra, Redfish posts.

Dammit.

19. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

1st. I am a professional with integrity. I d0 not lie for convenience sake.
    2nd. I was sleep deprived when I made the post but even after some rest I believe the lot selection could have been done much more simply and equitably.
    3. I smashed my car this morning after too many hours working. So yeah was a bit bummed
    4. Add to everythign else my $4000 refigerator died a month ago and its takeing forever to get it repaired

So yeah I got some negativity.

20. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

I understand you did the best you could, but the whole idea of a land grab where people have to be able to get in and play for at least a couple of hours could have been simplified by making it a more 2d process, everyone puts in their top bide and alternate choices and just spreadsheet it out............but that isnt the direction that was takn and I can respect that. Just a really bad week for me with car accident and stuff

GreyMouser2 and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.