First reading of the Sword of Midras (no spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Library' started by silverserpent, Jun 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverserpent

silverserpent Avatar

Hello folks. Like you all I am anxiously awaiting the completion of The Forsaken Virtues but in the meantime was thrilled to learn that The Sword of Midras will be out in June. I quickly ordered the book and in a matter of days I finished it. I found the story to be well suited to the theme of the virtues and how differing philosophies can be for a greater good depending on who is espousing it. The book focuses more on characters, beliefs, and ideals rather than battles. So for this reason I enjoyed the book more. The variety of towns, cities, and landmarks are mentioned in the book that adds a sense of place to the game world. The meaning of the Obsidians, the Titans, and some about the Shardfall is mentioned explaining these terms. Because all of this occurs before Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues none of the game is given away. Though Avatar is mentioned throughout and not always kindly as I was surprised.

SilverSerpent

2. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

I really enjoyed the book. It was a nice, easy read. I finished it over the course of a week, which is very unusual for me. It made me more interested in the Shroud of the Avatar game world, which I think was probably its primary intent. Rather than everything just being an arbitrary Point of Interest on the map, I now have context around some of the primary towns and locations. Considering that the end mentions "The End of Book One", I can only hope that means there are other volumes already being written. Nice job Tracy and Richard!

Solazur and Beaumaris like this.
  3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

The book raises interesting questions for the game as well.

Will we find a little winged creature with a message he is still waiting to deliver...

Will we learn what became of Evard...

Will we find a sword that reacts to certain ... situations....

Will we discover where the Titans went next....

And more!

I enjoyed the read as well. A good back story to the game world. Looking forward to the next.

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

I might order it soon. Sounds like a really GREAT book that I would like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.