Cornerstone and Rockslyde Shores

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Grayle, Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grayle

Grayle Avatar

UPDATE 4 AUG 2016
    Cornerstone services - all at entrance to POT. Right next to Artifice, Elysium Planes zones!!!! Both 5 Skull level areas. Located on the isle of Elysium (SW Corner of World Map). Overland Access, no city embedding. Grasslands Biome.
    • 10 Expert Crafting stations (all, including printing press) 1st floor of Kobold "Castle"
    • 7 different NPC merchants (Fishing, Deco, Cooking, Combat, Magic, Crafting, Pet)
    • Bank NPC
    • Public Garden
    PM for Lot requests. I am hesitant to allow any row lots. You supply your own deed. Claim your lot for 10 gp per square foot you ask for. RENT FREE for 3 months (DEC will be first month of rent). I will have rent later, but I need to learn to create/write books (I am leaning towards 5 gp per square foot of Lot space per month... MUCH less than in game taxes). I will sell books titled with LOT owner names and due date. They will be for sale for the amount of rent. Sold on my merchant. This will allow for easy transactions that dont require both parties to meet in game. I will probably make these books for 2-3 month time periods. monthly will be a little too much managing.

To give you an idea of up front costs look below. Rent will be 50% less than listed below - Look here for lot sizes.

Village = 20 x 30 = 600 sq' = 6,000 gp upfront
    Town = 30 x 40 = 1200 sq' = 12,000 gp upfront
    City = 40 x 60 = 2400 sq' = 24,000 gp upfront
    Keep = 60 x 80 = 4800 sq' = 48,000 gp upfront
    Castle = 80 x 120 = 9600 sq' = 96,000 gp upfront

Keep and Castle Lot space are acceptable. I do NOT have any deeds this large.

I don't care about the Land Rush. I you want a spot, I will save it for you. Claim as soon as the game allows. No stress or worry about clicking fast enough!

==================================================================

Just wanted to put out a quick notice on these two Player Owned Towns. I have some real life issues I have to finish up this week so I will not have any plot markers put down in these locations right after the wipe.

I will be working on getting these done by Sunday night. I still have to decide if I am going to go by reservation/request or free for all. I will be charging rent/tax eventually to help create a nice environment for residents. BTW, if I go reservation... I dont care about the order to selection. You get your spot when you can place it.

I will do my best to give you the location you want. For premium spots, I may do a bid system.

I am a Baron 3. With that, I have access to items that help with in game taxes. These items will likely be used on incentives or monthly awards for residents.

I will have a Pavilion in each town with expert crafting in at least one location. I may split these up. Hopefully a resident will have these... if so, making them public will likely work out to be a subsidy for any rent that I ask for. You provide a service of value to the town, you have less cost to me as the POT owner.

Governance ideals - I will be hands off as far as politics. If there is any change to this, I will give ample notice to all residents. I seriously dont want to play politics though. Just pay the rent/tax that I ask and all will be peachy.

Rent/taxes - I am NOT doing a one time payment for a plot. The main reason for this is I dont want to have to honor people's purchases if they are going to disappear from the game. Rent allows me to keep active players/residents. Rent will be low... much lower than Portal's Tax rate. I am not prepared to give specifics yet. I will also make payment options easy.

If there is a Guild/group/person that would like to sublease/rent a town or portion (like a quadrant) I may be open to this. We can come up with a value, then you can have control of the town, plots and charge what you want... if you want. If this is of interest, I may include some of the free buildings that I get (the homes that is. Banks etc will be placed for town of course). Bulk space like this will get a discount vs a single plot.

oh yeah... both towns will be NO PVP. I don't mind PVP, but I hate childish gankers and that is one of my worst memories from UO and Conan. You will not have to worry about that in my Towns. This will not change if someone subleases a town.

Cornerstone - Crossroads village located right outside the AMAZING Artifice!! This is a plains biome. Currently I have NO plans on putting any row lots in this location. I haven't been in game for a little bit, so once I get familiar again, I may adjust this train of thought.

Rockslyde Shores - Crossroads village right by the Southeast Blackblade Mountains entrance! There is a rumor that this will have a sneaky route to the other side of the mountains as an alternate to the Nightshade Pass! Want to be near the mountains? Great access to many key locations! Also a plains biome.

Again I am sorry for not being able to get these populated right after the wipe. Real life calls.

See you all in game,

Grayle
    Baron
    Governor of Cornerstone
    Governor of Rockslyde Shores

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Grayle

Grayle Avatar

Couple more things to add about my Towns. Quick FAQ if you will

Cornerstone AND Rockslyde Shores
    • Crossroads village
    • Overland access
    • NO nested towns - just one map to enter
    • Government - open for residents to establish. I will not dictate this as an owner. I may participate, but I dont want to influence as owner
    • Grasslands BIOME
    • no PVP
    • there will be a rent/tax to be determined
    • .... more to come as I think of it.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Grayle

Grayle Avatar

Updated. Added services to Cornerstone. See OP for edited info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.